Difference between amateurs and professionals

Trading doesn't involve psychology. Why would I hide it ? Trading is about economics and merchant business.

The reason I am in this thread is because I am curious why you are peddling psychology, something that will cause people to lose money.

I ged it , either you are robot without emotions or the market is psychic and executes your trades automatically.

The subject is far more detailed and beyond the knowledge of most posters , the superior knowledge is obtained by listening to many webinars and reading articles /books by top trading psychologists and other non trading psychologists .These psychologists are Rande Howell , Dr Br Steenbarger , Dr Van tharp , Mark Douglas , Dr Andrew Menaker and a few others .The knowledge of the subject of psychology of these psychologists is way superior to the discussions by non psychologists on forums.These PSYCHOLOGISTS give a far superior understanding of the differences between professionals and amateurs .

The main differences are
1) Trading mindsets 80 % is pychology and 20 % the method .Professionals understand trading psychology
2)Professional's Methods incorporate psychology
3)Professional's Methods have an edge

Professionals trade because they have a trade , amateurs trade because they have to trade , when there is no trade.Professionals are very patient.

Very helpful, thank you

I ged it , either you are robot without emotions or the market is psychic and executes your trades automatically.

Well, I do have a robot trader. But I don't use it often because the market would take advantage of it. Even though it hasn't lost any money, it's just too dumb for the market and often leave me some lose ends to sort out.

Trade should be executed when there is economic value. Economic value is not determined by psychology. Just like Jim Rogers said when the money is laying there in the corner, you go and pick it up. Psychology doesn't play a role.

When it rains it pours :D

A counselor told me he could not learn psychology by courses , university lectures and books .He learnt it by practicing psychology counselling.That tells you that it has to be experienced .

Those who have never traded are now offering expert guidance on trading psychology.

Last edited:
Well, I do have a robot trader. But I don't use it often because the market would take advantage of it. Even though it hasn't lost any money, it's just too dumb for the market and often leave me some lose ends to sort out.

Trade should be executed when there is economic value. Economic value is not determined by psychology. Just like Jim Rogers said when the money is laying there in the corner, you go and pick it up. Psychology doesn't play a role.

take a look of your early trading behavior and compare it with this image.

Attachments

• emotions2.jpg
    emotions2.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 194
take a look of your early trading behavior and compare it with this image.

That describes your "trading" if you in fact do any. I have told you before, if you have a mind for business trading will be very easy to understand. Otherwise, there is no hope.

But do you really "trade" or are you just a bank stooge to spread their misinformation ? The market is extremely simple once the layer of misinformation is removed. I know how their game works. So doing your routine, if that is what you are doing, has no effect on me and waste of energy.

difference between Amateur and Professional traders

A professional trader is more guided by his intellect and intelligent study of the market conditions, while the amateur is more likely to influenced by his emotions and is an easy prey to fear and greed. Amateurs can sometimes succeed in making money in the short term but true wealth creation is definitely in the realm of professional traders only.

A counselor told me he could not learn psychology by courses , university lectures and books .He learnt it by practicing psychology counselling.That telly you that it has to be experienced .

Those who have never traded are now offering expert guidance on trading psychology.

Youve never traded? :eek:

Thats funny, I was thinking the same about you :D
So get did you ever get of that natgas position? Or did you bait them all the way up to 3.7?

Sure, I bait the crap out of them all the way to the top. Made tons on the daily yield and made a big killing on the trade when the price collapsed. I still have a remnant of the original positions. These are used for more baiting. But it's not so interesting now because it's no longer the top yielder. Wheat is my new baby. Regardless, gas still pays me every day.

I am rather disappointed t2w has been turned into a double act between you and your twin bro. How the place has fallen since the days when there was genuine lulz. I'd say someone has fud'up.

But do you really "trade" or are you just a bank stooge to spread their misinformation ? The market is extremely simple once the layer of misinformation is removed. I know how their game works. So doing your routine, if that is what you are doing, has no effect on me and waste of energy.

Are you pumping and dumping for the bucket shops?

Exotic options are old news. Power options give you extra power compared to exotic options. These let you power up on your profits. So if you were only making 100% a day before, now you can make 1000% or 10000% a day, perfect for internet traders.

Sure, I bait the crap out of them all the way to the top. Made tons on the daily yield and made a big killing on the trade when the price collapsed. I still have a remnant of the original positions. These are used for more baiting. But it's not so interesting now because it's no longer the top yielder. Wheat is my new baby. Regardless, gas still pays me every day.

I am rather disappointed t2w has been turned into a double act between you and your twin bro. How the place has fallen since the days when there was genuine lulz. I'd say someone has fud'up.

I agree joe, but we can only play the hand were dealt right. We did have some lulz going over your high% relative to margin put up but incredibly low% returns next to account exponentially risked plays tho didnt we :D

222796d1461010251-does-technical-analysis-work-not-amazintradin.jpg

I only notice heart pumping faster , tiredness and exhaustion when real money is on the line .That can't be true of you and your team.
Youre right, I dont. Sounds like you need to do some more work realigning those stale old beliefs you have towards the market and money eh. (y)

Anyway chaps, thanks for the mornings giggles, but am off to do something less boring with my sunday, so ill leave you two bellends to it. Apologies if you two are actually one, but the old multinic radar aint what it used to be. :D

I agree joe, but we can only play the hand were dealt right. We did have some lulz going over your high% relative to margin put up but incredibly low% returns next to account exponentially risked plays tho didnt we :D

222796d1461010251-does-technical-analysis-work-not-amazintradin.jpg

You miscalculated. The returns were great and the win was great. I thought you got it at the time and got my secret sauce. But I guess you were just probing. Since I didn't respond, you missed the sauce completely.

The yield return alone was sufficient to eventually sustain the trade.

I can't remember what the yield against the account was. But currently I get 2% actual account growth per week. The yield on gas was 3x the yield on wheat that I currently use as the main growth driver. So the gas return was very high. You claim to be good at math. I guess not.