Definitely not a MASTERCLASS but good (HONEST) trading

It's not a matter or better or worse but of doing what one said one was going to do. If the OP had said he was going to do nothing more than post the common bought-this-sold-that with no explanation of why the trades would be/were taken, there would be no basis for criticism. But that was not the case (see, again, post #3).

Db

I am waiting for your live trading journal same goes for the hindsight trader DowJones ...

Hi, very interesting replies, I will not go through or respond to them, I started the thread so will continue with it, I will post as and when it suits me, my priority will as always be to make a profit from limited time window trading.

PS, many thanks for the numerous PM's, they were unexpected and appreciated, I'm fine, not going senile, not unwell or dying, haven't given up trading etc etc, I do have business interests outside of trading, I do as my life dictates without explanation or advise people as to my movements and actions.

I'll start adding trades from today as and when I feel like it according to the the initial thread, I will add the database and equity curve etc weekly.

Hi, very interesting replies, I will not go through or respond to them, I started the thread so will continue with it, I will post as and when it suits me, my priority will as always be to make a profit from limited time window trading.

PS, many thanks for the numerous PM's, they were unexpected and appreciated, I'm fine, not going senile, not unwell or dying, haven't given up trading etc etc, I do have business interests outside of trading, I do as my life dictates without explanation or advise people as to my movements and actions.

I'll start adding trades from today as and when I feel like it according to the the initial thread, I will add the database and equity curve etc weekly.

good luck to you Dinos.........there are a few Full time traders out there posting but very few at T2win.............sounds to me like you are similar to my circumstance.........I took some work that was far to lucrative to turn down so now I trade when I can and make a few calls here at t2win.......if I had started a full Journal here earlier this year and then backed off due to other commitments I would have been as slated as you are getting (unfairly)

i'll wear it as banter from the few successful full time traders I believe and respect here at t2win .......as for the rest of the p/time retired hobbyists here who have nothing better to do (or indeed even share what they are actually doing in their fantasy trading worlds ) ............just treat it as water off a ducks back mate :cool:

N

merry xmas all ...........peace and joy to all ;)

Dinos, best wishes to you.
Great insight to limit the time to trade (I mean - monitor exposure with intention to trade) to what one feels comfortable. Trading the first few hours of London open suits me perfectly.
At times I spend more time studying the markets and a lot of other things, and even trading a bit more when I want to do it.

Needless to say that there is a lot of very good postings and articles on T2W, and many good traders and well wishing people. There is great value in reading/studying this good material, which is free.
By no means all that is posted on T2W or indeed on any public forum is in that category, I just take what suits me, while ignoring the rest.
Time passes fast, it is good to use it well.

Have a great time doing what is good and what you enjoy!
2be

I would hope to think that most of us will give Rob the benefit that he may have other issues to deal with outside of this synthetic space.

I agree with you. This looks like a good thread. A thread without pretense is a diamond in the rough here.

Amen to @DowJones's statement.

DowJones said:
All I've ever seen you produce is imaginary trades and puerile posts.

Your posts all have the same format:
- You spout your beliefs (most of which go against accepted best practice in trading, or are blatantly incorrect) and refuse constructive debate with me or anyone else on this forum, instead solely resorting to petty insult.
- If anyone evidences any trading activity you refuse to accept it. On one thread an institutional trader had multiple years of verified gains, yet you stated that they were cherry picked, or weren't a viable sample.
- Finally if anyone disagrees with you, you look for every opportunity to attack them going forward regardless.