Definitely not a MASTERCLASS but good (HONEST) trading

Took +3, not ideal trading scalps for a few points, no momentum.

I probably didn't pick a good day to start this, TBH, I'd overlooked that. thanks for reminding me.

In theory it doesn't affect European indices much in the morning, more in the afternoon when the US indices would normally be trading away but aren't. Not at all the same thing as trading EUR/USD and GBP/USD on a US Bank Holiday: that's perhaps only for people doing "masterclasses". ;)

Hi Dinos, good to see an honest thread. What is your time window rule (for scalping?) and how does this affect stop placement? (Assuming you're using stops).
Cheers.

Hi, not wanting to sound accusatory, but this post previously said -10. Was there any reason you changed it later?

See post 18, I set the initial criteria to a minus 10 disaster stop, stepped at 5,the stop had automatically risen.

Hi Dinos, good to see an honest thread. What is your time window rule (for scalping?) and how does this affect stop placement? (Assuming you're using stops).
Cheers.

I always use stops, see post 18 re stops and trailing stops, stop placement is the same with every trade, management of the trade is the same, I have a target, bowever, if if get an exit signal before that level is attained I will exit immediately.

I always use stops, see post 18 re stops and trailing stops, stop placement is the same with every trade, management of the trade is the same, I have a target, bowever, if if get an exit signal before that level is attained I will exit immediately.

Thank you for clarifying the stops and trade management principles. You did mention a time frame rule for staying in the trade, is this definitive or subjective on market conditions?

Yes I read that. My point was that the -10 had been posted as a result, not a stop - then amended quite some time later. I noticed because my live feeds show quite different prices to those posted here... initially I assumed a delay in posting but then saw this: "Every trade will be recorded within 30 seconds on its being placed."

I'm sure there's a good reason for all this, but in the interests of transparency, will you post trade blotters or suchlike for your trades to date? That will soon clear up any confusion.

don't get on his case already :mad:

I'm not getting on anyone's case (that's why I wrote: 'I'm sure there's a good reason for all this'). I'm genuinely interested in the posted intention of this thread: namely: "recording a journal of my CAC trading", "give an overview of the accuracy of the system" etc... However, I'm not convinced "live calls" are the best way to do this (they leave too much room for confusion - as we've seen). However Dinos seems like a sensible guy, so I doubt he'd have any objection to posting trade blotters or the like.

From post 1

I will record the data/outcomes daily and post them in a database for analysis;

From post 1

I will record the data/outcomes daily and post them in a database for analysis;

I think the "live calls" element is there to make verification easier when comparing to the database, otherwise it would just be a case of, these are some I did earlier. ( ie meaningless )

Has rob
done a runner :innocent:

Give D a chance.....

.Jees we all,know the roasting others have got on t2win recently re live calls...and resulting in multiple bans .....(including myself for a week )

Whatever D wants to do is fine by me

N

IMO...

Doing live calls is stress without end, and always going to end up in questions about validity etc.

So.

Why not just go and trade an account whose results are accurately verifiable by all and their uncle.

Like this guy here who turned 1500 into several millions in a couple of years:

http://money.cnn.com/2013/12/16/investing/penny-stock-trader-millionaire/

The increase since to almost 3 Mill can verifiably be seen here:

http://profit.ly/user/kroyrunner/chart

Then you don't have the "live" stress, but can still show what you're good for, and without any doubts about it being true or not.

Could do it with a demo account just for fun without having to show your real worth etc.

Many other places like profitly where you can openly trade an account to generate a provable track record.

:)

That said, I've been friendly with Rob since yonks, and while I do believe he knows what he's doing doing, I also realize stuff like this is simply pure stress, trading in front of an audience.