Definitely not a MASTERCLASS but good (HONEST) trading

Dinos

Veteren member
Hi all, just passing through.

I’m certainly no expert, and will never profess to be one; I have a trading plan, I trade the plan per say, my trust in its ability to deliver the rewards implicit.

For a short period only, I will be recording a journal of my CAC trading on here, not for any egotistical purposes like a certain other thread, but to show you don’t have to sit in front of a screen for hours on end to be successful in the trading arena as a day trader.

I will only reveal certain parameters of my trading system; there will be no (quoting areas) where I will be long or short, then coming back after the event professing how many pips I made or how expert I am, like you get on another thread.

Each trade will be called live as it happens, (these will not be a recommendation) but will be intended for illustration purposes only,

I will record the data/outcomes daily and post them in a database for analysis; it will give an overview of the accuracy of the system from the limited trading I employ to deliver the results, for the purpose of this exercise I will be stating £10 per point (this is for demonstration purposes only and is not indicative to my exposure to the markets).

The sessions I will be trading are as follows and are limited to 4 hours a day:-

Sessions 3 Times

8.30 to 10.00

13.00 to 14.00

14.30 to 16.00

I won’t discuss the rules of my trading system, for the record I do believe in KISS, the purpose of the exercise is to demonstrate that with (any) robust trading system, it is possible to make trading a cash cow, even with limited trading hours and leave you free to do something more far interesting than trading.

I will be starting this from Monday 12th October 2015, if you wish to join me feel free, all I ask is that we keep the thread civil, polite and hopefully jovial.

Rob

Last edited:
A good declaration Dinos, looking forward to this. Personally, I don't have to see your blotter - if you say you made x pips, that's good enough for me - but will you at least put up what sort of trades your plan includes (and excludes)? - trend-following, range, S/R, swing, reversals, indicator triggered, momentum, news, etc.?

A good declaration Dinos, looking forward to this. Personally, I don't have to see your blotter - if you say you made x pips, that's good enough for me - but will you at least put up what sort of trades your plan includes (and excludes)? - trend-following, range, S/R, swing, reversals, indicator triggered, momentum, news, etc.?

Hi, nice to hear from you, I've taken on board what you have requested, priority will be to get the trade on the thread and then retrospectively explain why I took the trade, that way, I can focus on managing the trade to its expiration.

regards

Rob

Hi Rob

The CAC is an interesting choice of vehicle to demonstrate your trades. Any particular reason it was chosen? I assume you trade all the indices.

Good trading.

Hi Rob

The CAC is an interesting choice of vehicle to demonstrate your trades. Any particular reason it was chosen? I assume you trade all the indices.

Good trading.

Hi CV, I have traded most of the indices over the years, the CAC is my favorite one, unlike the manic nature of the DAX and DOW, the CAC “behaves” in a sensible manner, the drawback from the opening positions are low in comparison to the others, accordingly the gains lower as well, but sufficient, using an incremental exposure to make sustained profits from limited time behind the screen.

My drive in the markets is not boast my ego, but simply to gain an income, I like to do this in the shortest time and in the most orderly way possible, then get away from trading ASAP.

The CAC offers me this opportunity, I prefer to focus on one index only, why do any more than is absolutely necessary to achieve the end result.

Last edited:
Hi CV, I have traded most of the indices over the years, the CAC is my favorite one, unlike the manic nature of the DAX and DOW, the CAC “behaves” in a sensible manner, the drawback from the opening positions are low in comparison to the others, accordingly the gains lower as well, but sufficient, using an incremental exposure to make sustained profits from limited time behind the screen.

My drive in the markets is not boast my ego, but simply to gain an income, I like to do this in the shortest time and in the most orderly way possible, then get away from trading ASAP.

The CAC offers me this opportunity, I prefer to focus on one index only, why do any more than is absolutely necessary to achieve the end result.

Thanks

CV frantically googling "incremental exposure" :) and failing to find much.

Anyone care to assist (y)

Thanks

CV frantically googling "incremental exposure" :) and failing to find much.

Anyone care to assist (y)

My own terminology, trading the plan, targeting the same number of trades, but over a period of time the value of the trades increases per point.

Simples :D

My own terminology, trading the plan, targeting the same number of trades, but over a period of time the value of the trades increases per point.

Simples :D

Utoh, F has his own terminology. I hope you're not going down the same road :)

Looking forward to the 12th!
...open to taking on a few disciples at the end of your stint? :cool:

With Monday rapidly approaching, just a few things to put in place to move this forward from Monday.

A) Every trade will be recorded within 30 seconds on its being placed.

B) Every trade will have a (-10) stop, trailed with a step every 5 points.

C) Every trade will have a target, should I get an exit signal before that target is reached I will close the position immediately.

D) I will show each trade entry as (S) or (L) followed by the price to indicate the direction of the trade.

E) I will not provide a running commentary of the trade, once the trade is placed the next post will be at the expiration of the trade.

Have a nice weekend all.

Rob

good luck captain lazarus ( not that you will need it )thank flick for no commentary --- plenty of that coming from over the fence (lol)

See that's the way to advance in life, learn a new thing or two every day.

Incremental Exposure and UTOH (had to go google that) ticked those boxes for me today.

:LOL::LOL::LOL:

Great idea for a thread though, good trading Rob.

images

PS CAC is really an interesting choice, don't think I've ever looked at that, will do so now.