Definitely not a MASTERCLASS but good (HONEST) trading

FFS, no-one is "roasting" Dinos (or anyone else) here. Simply asking some questions, and to see some validation of trades (and if you read the thread, there is a reason for it).

There are some people on this forum that seriously need to grow up & stop throwing toys out of prams when a trader questions something. Any professional trader will spend half their life questioning almost everything: systems, results, the markets, themselves, others etc... that's how you learn, adapt, improve.

Wrong when you made your comments this thread was doomed.
I know another thread where live calls are " 50 shades of earl grey" i am surprised you are not asking questions on there.

IMO...

Doing live calls is stress without end, and always going to end up in questions about validity etc.

So.

Why not just go and trade an account whose results are accurately verifiable by all and their uncle.

Like this guy here who turned 1500 into several millions in a couple of years:

http://money.cnn.com/2013/12/16/investing/penny-stock-trader-millionaire/

The increase since to almost 3 Mill can verifiably be seen here:

http://profit.ly/user/kroyrunner/chart

Then you don't have the "live" stress, but can still show what you're good for, and without any doubts about it being true or not.

Could do it with a demo account just for fun without having to show your real worth etc.

Many other places like profitly where you can openly trade an account to generate a provable track record.

:)

That said, I've been friendly with Rob since yonks, and while I do believe he knows what he's doing doing, I also realize stuff like this is simply pure stress, trading in front of an audience.

Tell you what :)

How about you, me and DJ do a trades thread. I've done a few in the past and happy to give it another go. The only problem I have is I'm not full time trading ( from choice ) so there may be gaps in my day to day log.

Tell you what :)

How about you, me and DJ do a trades thread. I've done a few in the past and happy to give it another go. The only problem I have is I'm not full time trading ( from choice ) so there may be gaps in my day to day log.

Hi mate, wouldn't appreciate the stress of doing that live in front of an audience at all haha, because I am doing this for a living, so need to really keep my calm and wits about me without adding extra pressure.

But as per this thread, I do believe from lots of interaction with Rob in the past that he does know what he is doing and also makes money trading, but, err, an audience as large as this one here is perhaps somewhat detrimental to success when doing that live.

;-)

I agree with BSD, calling live calls brings in stress....Mr Ego comes to town... at least for me, personally it took me a while to create a method to keep the stress at bay and the last thing I want is to bring it back in.....said that we are all different and I am sure it is not the same for everyone.....and for those reasons I admire the thread starter for this initiative.

Reactions: BSD
I don't know Dinos, but I've always thought he was one of the good guys so this was going to be one of the few threads I was going to bother reading.
It's a shame if, for whatever reason, he has decided to stop posting.

As a side note how many times we have to say that posting after the event blotters screenshots statements is meaningless ?

Rob don't waste your time here ...
tar,
According to Rob's profile, he hasn't visited T2W for the best part of two weeks, so I don't think there's any need to encourage him - or anyone else for that matter - to stay away. Personally, I think it's a shame that he hasn't stuck to his guns and done what he set out to do. If he did that, then his time and that of the thread's subscribers would not be wasted at all, as everyone would have an opportunity to learn something.
Tim.

Hi Tim,

hope life is good for you.

Know I still owe you something.

:eek::(

Re this whole story here and the reason why Rob very understandably started this thread, here's an idea:

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/gen...elligent-lose-fear-trading-2.html#post2646566

What do you think.

Could really be a very good enhancement, good for the social trading site, good for T2W, and most of all really great for the members.

Win-win all around.

images

I wouldn't call it the "whole story". See post #3. No explanation was ever given, much less any sort of analysis. Without know why the trade was taken, it's just another bought-this-sold-that thread.

Db

I wouldn't call it the "whole story". See post #3. No explanation was ever given, much less any sort of analysis. Without know why the trade was taken, it's just another bought-this-sold-that thread.

Db

I gather trading in hindsight and getting engaged in an endless theoretical discussions - for ten years - about why this trade should have been taken and why that trade shouldn't is better ?!

I gather trading in hindsight and getting engaged in an endless theoretical discussions - for ten years - about why this trade should have been taken and why that trade shouldn't is better ?!

It's not a matter or better or worse but of doing what one said one was going to do. If the OP had said he was going to do nothing more than post the common bought-this-sold-that with no explanation of why the trades would be/were taken, there would be no basis for criticism. But that was not the case (see, again, post #3).

Db

Personally, I think it's a shame that he hasn't stuck to his guns and done what he set out to do.

So do I. I was looking forward to the thread and expected it to be both instructive and interesting.

(But - especially having myself abandoned both the "Journal" threads I've previously started off in this forum - I can't honestly pretend to be particularly surprised.)

Reactions: tar
Hi Tim,

hope life is good for you.

Know I still owe you something.

:eek::(

Re this whole story here and the reason why Rob very understandably started this thread, here's an idea:

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/gen...elligent-lose-fear-trading-2.html#post2646566

What do you think.

Could really be a very good enhancement, good for the social trading site, good for T2W, and most of all really great for the members.

Win-win all around.

images

bring it on ...............as longs as it does not involve paying S*it commissions it would indeed perhaps silence some of the endless desputes at T2win

as regards this thread ...........posting journals is not for the faint hearted if you already have experience ............people will demand some decent performance figures .............newbies have it easy :smart:

N

I would hope to think that most of us will give Rob the benefit that he may have other issues to deal with outside of this synthetic space.

As a side note how many times do we have to say that posting unsubstantiated "calls" is less than meaningless? Since after the event statements are used by every institutional fund in the world, are they all meaningless too?

Surely you cant compare your cherry picked trading blotters with institutional verified statements .