Deal4free Files

delboy trotter

I have a new PC (WinXP) which I want to use for trading. I have already contacted D4F twice and both times they have totally ignored me.

Here is the problem:- I can log onto the live trading room platform ok but I cannot trade because there is no "Confirm and Place Order" button on the Order Ticket ?????

I have gone through the usual procedure recommended by D4F i.e. removing the java files etc and here's a funny thing. When I go into the View Objects part of IE, there are no files at all!!!!???

I can only assume that for some reason my PC setup for IE is stopping the download of these necessary files.

Anyone had this experience or suggest a way to cure the problem?

dbt

I log on to the live trading room via their website. I have this set up on 2 other PC's and it works fine, but for some reason this new PC is not downloading all the necessary files?? I could use the other PC's to trade, but I am a fussy b****r and would like to get this new PC working as well.

dbt

The reason I ask is that I had a similar problem on a new laptop. The chocolate teapots at d4f were utterly useless as usual. I am now using MarketMaker (which I find much better than the web-based platform) and have no problem. Have you considered doing this?

I remember having a similar problem when I first started using d4f and their web based system.

I rang their help desk and they told me to widen the window for the order ticket on screen. Lo and behold, the confirm and place order button was hidden underneath the edge!!

If you ask them to send you the disk for Marketmaker then if you ever have to re-install you have the origional disk.
Marketmaker seems to run well sometimes have a bit of trouble logging on but not often

Kathy

I also had problems with Marketmaker when I recently purchased my new laptop. The solution was:
start - run - type in dxdiag, then disable direct draw and direct 3D
acceleration. If you then want to play dvd's or certain games you will have to re-enable.
hampy

Morning,

Thanks for the feedback guys. Turns out it was the resolution of the monitor after all. Downloaded the Market Maker software from the site and it works fine also.

dbt