Day traders making 50+% returns per month lets talk money managment

No....Unfortunately it will not.

Because....when i get to this level my money management says to trade 100 contracts. With the way i enter and exit my trades then keeping my slippage managable becomes adverse above 100 contracts. Too much above this level and profitability arodes away!

Im 100% sure my strategy will evolve and adapt over time...Im a very open minded person and I adopt what work not just what suits me!....

IN FACT....I would be disappointed if in a few years my trading hadnt evolved or got better!

Plus I have an EOD strategy that can make TRIPLE digit returns on a regular basis and i can handle hundreds of millions..even billions with my EOD strategy. So once I max out my day trading method I will EOD trade the excess funds....then open a Hedge Fund..but this is all in the distant future...I have work to do for now :)

wow, I like you're optimism and confidence...!

As Mr.Charts said, just go and do it, ignore this lot... you're obviously well above all these guys capabilities.

No....Unfortunately it will not.

No problem, just thought I'd bring up the scalability issue in case you hadnt thought about it.

I was a bit confused abut your max adverse excursion of 100 pips. Does that mean you had a profitable trade that at one point was 100 pips down ?, or are you quoting a max adverse excursion in drawdown for the day ?

Quite possible to make 50% a month, although you cannot extend those returns into a compounding frame of thought due primarily to liquidity concerns and given the fact that most traders who can accomplish such returns usually withdraw most, if not all, of their profits every month.

Irrespective of that, those returns are rare and only the best day traders are able to accomplish it consistently.

Last edited:
What was it you wanted to ask about money management anyways?

You'll need a good tax accountant with all that earnings.

wow, I like you're optimism and confidence...!

As Mr.Charts said, just go and do it, ignore this lot... you're obviously well above all these guys capabilities.

thanks....despite sounding arrogant i truely am not.....im purely a student of the Markets :smart:

No problem, just thought I'd bring up the scalability issue in case you hadnt thought about it.

I was a bit confused abut your max adverse excursion of 100 pips. Does that mean you had a profitable trade that at one point was 100 pips down ?, or are you quoting a max adverse excursion in drawdown for the day ?

yes maximum advesre excursion for the day -7%
average negative excursion for the day is roughly -(3-5%)

Do you intend to demonstrate your ability with live calls, or is it just talk here.

Do you intend to demonstrate your ability with live calls, or is it just talk here.

Sorry im too busy during the day to post trades.

I can post my results at the end if im talking to productive individuals whos intent isnt just to catch me out or see if im lieing?

So you've been studying and trading the markets for over 6 years and been successful. Now with this wealth and experience you've decided that 30+ days worth of demo testing is enough to quit your day job and trade for a living? I'd have thought that with that much experience under your belt you'd be smart enough to do a bit more testing and at the very least use a live, albeit, small account to trade with first?

Just doesnt seem to add up for me @______@;

So you've been studying and trading the markets for over 6 years and been successful. Now with this wealth and experience you've decided that 30+ days worth of demo testing is enough to quit your day job and trade for a living? I'd have thought that with that much experience under your belt you'd be smart enough to do a bit more testing and at the very least use a live, albeit, small account to trade with first?

I also trading 6 years now live and demo accounts and it is possible , to make 50% at one month .

But I dont risk so much , because there is one simple formula

Spike * Leverage ~ Margincall :mad::(:devilish:

Take care of you

I have done this....I was using an earlier version of my strat to trade when i first had a crack at it. Unfortunately my exits were very poor. My entries have not changed but before i didnt have a structured way of exiting.

A very rookie error i made.......i focussed soley on entry and thought that if i was winning then it didnt matter about a structured exit since i thought judging when to cut a profitable trade would be easy....IT WASNT

So basically although i lost roughly $2000 on my first attempt....This led me to seriousley look at myself.

After analysing my ACTUAL trades i discovered that if i simply put some sort of structured exit(whether it was comfortable or not) i would have made money...AND A LOT OF IT......i remember quite a few trades where i made over 160pips nominal....only to leave it to evapourate looking to catch a HUGE move....then cut profitable trades early, only to see them continue...I TOOK IT PERSONALLY and i was crushed:mad:

After realising that all i lacked was disciplin and that i must stop the need to be right.

Then everything evolved from there...I realised i was fortunate that my exits were excellent..many traders im friends with commented on how good my entries were....but said shame about my exits.

Once i saw how close i was then my frown turned upside down:)

SO I HAVE TRADED THIS STRATEGY...and the most important part which pulling the trigger i have done extensively......The only part of my strategy I havent traded live is my exits(NOT MY STOP LOSS....THIS IS FIXED)........

So technically i have traded the entries signals for my strategy live.....I just havnt traded the exit( THIS IS NOT SUBJECTIVE FOR ME ANYMORE...my moving averages i use solve this problem for me )..btw any Moving Average combo will work i just use fibonnacci numbers since they are the numbers nature adheres to.....and we are all derivatives of Mother Nature :clover:

I also trading 6 years now live and demo accounts and it is possible , to make 50% at one month .

But I dont risk so much , because there is one simple formula

Spike * Leverage ~ Margincall :mad::(:devilish:

Take care of you

LOL...i dont trade when news is out...THAT IS DANGEROUS

Sorry im too busy during the day to post trades.

I can post my results at the end if im talking to productive individuals whos intent isnt just to catch me out or see if im lieing?

Leave it to the end of the year and just send us the bottom line.

Er... and all news comes out on schedule does it?

Most recent example: You knew in advance about that chinese rate hike yesterday yes?

Doesn't really apply to day trading...but I guess it depends on what markets you are trading. Stuff like the Chinese rate hike was unexpected, but not very common. I guess the OP is talking about stuff like NFP, ADP employment, oil inventories, etc...

Er... and all news comes out on schedule does it?

Most recent example: You knew in advance about that chinese rate hike yesterday yes?

Ok....so news came out that was unexpeted and it effected me in no - way!

I have had gaps and news take me out before and its fine...evryone who trades has this problem and we are all in the same boat!

If a bit of adverse news makes trading your strategy too dangerouse then it probably wasnt worth trading in the first place.

Can everyone stop trying to catch me out or jump on something i have missed!!!....

When you guy behave like this...its unproductive!!!!!!!!!!!!!:(

If you wanted to make a point that news can be dangerous(planned or not) then you could have asked the question in a non antagonistic manner!

Its not what you ****ing idiots are asking that is annoying me, essencailly they are valid question....but.....CHANGE YOUR INTENT AND ASK PROPERLY!:cry:

Ok....so news came out that was unexpeted and it effected me in no - way!

I have had gaps and news take me out before and its fine...evryone who trades has this problem and we are all in the same boat!

If a bit of adverse news makes trading your strategy too dangerouse then it probably wasnt worth trading in the first place.

Can everyone stop trying to catch me out or jump on something i have missed!!!....

When you guy behave like this...its unproductive!!!!!!!!!!!!!:(

If you wanted to make a point that news can be dangerous(planned or not) then you could have asked the question in a non antagonistic manner!

Its not what you ****ing idiots are asking that is annoying me, essencailly they are valid question....but.....CHANGE YOUR INTENT AND ASK PROPERLY!:cry:

I apologise for trying to be helpful. I shall go back to instigating lulz now, you great big faggot