• Welcome to the Darwinex Forums, these forums are member-run and managed by CavaliereVerde. Member-run forum rules may differ from the site guidelines.

Darwinia contest

Today the hall of fame shows 3,221,750.63 € payout:
1630593234154.png

That is a much higher amount of 38,618.18 EUR more than paid in the first halv year.
It looks like the August payout was over average.

Today the hall of fame shows 3,256,853.17 € total payout:

1633128480950.png

That is 73,720.70 EUR more than paid until August 1st and 35,102.54 EUR more than paid until September 1st.

Last edited:
Maybe because you dont' have 400k allocation and 2nd place in temporary standings. 😁
BTW they are getting even worse.
Major changes just 10 days before execution.
Usually sudden changes are not good for customers.
Just another spending review to reduce the real allocation, 90% of high DScore darwins work at low var.
Now they allocate 65%-70% of the max , let's see what will be after this change.
3 years ago investing the own darwin made some sense beacuse it was free, now it is pretty dumb to pay 5% performace fee to Darwinex and 1.2% management fee.

Maybe because you dont' have 400k allocation and 2nd place in temporary standings. 😁
BTW they are getting even worse.
Major changes just 10 days before execution.
Usually sudden changes are not good for customers.
Just another spending review to reduce the real allocation, 90% of high DScore darwins work at low var.
Now they allocate 65%-70% of the max , let's see what will be after this change.
3 years ago investing the own darwin made some sense beacuse it was free, now it is pretty dumb to pay 5% performace fee to Darwinex and 1.2% management fee.
I would appreciate if they would generally publish a clear figure how much a trader invests in his own Darwin, not only for DarwinIA.

Besides that, I also fear that can be Pivot II.

One indicator for worsening is the VaR to figure out the risk of the trader .. eh ??
I thought it was one of the assets of the risk manager to produce a fair comparable and investable value in the Darwin without evaluating the risk the trader takes. I'm curious what that will mean. And I'm curious how ERQ and other low risk (for the trader) Darwins will be rated.

At the end I expect that they will cut the payout, complicate the eligibility, all packed in a nice words for the traders who have to bite the dust again.

Even now it is a pity that successful Darwins like IQS will never be eligible for my demo portfolio because they are excluded from DarwinIA . Reason: the mc attribute calculation. It seems they never heard about long/short portfolio strategies like the one of Anton Kreil and don't want to improve anything.

At the end I expect that they will cut the payout, complicate the eligibility, all packed in a nice words for the traders who have to bite the dust again.
They removed every trace of the community, just like they did with DWEX and they speak about transparency.

No, I don't think it's that, maybe you just have to be "special" ROFL (reference the email below which I have just received).

As a special Darwinex user, I am writing to inform you that we will be introducing major changes in DarwinIA starting in December.

Below you can find the main changes:

• Greater allocations:
    • We'll be allocating up to €10M every month (instead of €7.5M)
    • 150 DARWINs will be awarded (instead of 120)
    • We raised the limit to participate to €600k (instead of €500k)

• Change in the calculation of "Min. Equity":
    • For greater transparency, we'll take into account 2 different factors when assessing each DARWIN's min. equity:
      1. The underlying account's VaR will be used to display how much the trader is really risking every month
      2. We'll also take into account the amount of capital traders invest in their own DARWIN
We'll be publishing explanatory content in the coming weeks, but I would be delighted to arrange a brief call to explain how these changes affect you specifically.

I would appreciate it if you could please confirm your availability these days to have a brief call. If possible, I'd suggest having the call well ahead of December so you can plan before November ends.

I look forward to hearing from you!

Kindest regards,

Antonio

DarwinIA on vacation? Allocation zero? "Blue Screen" made by Darwinex? ;)
1638213735641.png

Was there any notification about this which I missed?

Edit:
Private lists are also damaged, including the default lists like favourite
1638222393038.png

Last edited:
I have to give credit, the improvement is significant and they have done a lot of work .
Glad to see that they are still working to the platform.

Having said that I don't think this will be enough to end the stagnation and bring back growth.
Traders on average will not earn more because of these changes.
Investors have more data to play with.

Last edited:
I have to give credit, the improvement is significant and they have done a lot of work .
Glad to see that they are still working to the platform.

Having said that I don't think this will be enough to end the stagnation and bring back growth.
Traders on average will not earn more because of these changes.
Investors have more data to play with.
For my demo portfolio it is much more to do now as I don't see the Darwin's price for the 50% profit rule and have to click every Darwin on the detail window.
But it is an improvement - even if they raised the minimum equity on the lowest ranks.