Darwinex Youtube Channel and communication

• Welcome to the Darwinex Forums, these forums are member-run and managed by CavaliereVerde. Member-run forum rules may differ from the site guidelines.

CavaliereVerde

Experienced member
1,549 1,993
We can't pretend forum members to be profitable traders, being profitable is extremely difficult.
That guy was a casual user of old community, spent 14 hours on a forum up and running from 4 years, that was very far from enough to cast judgments of professionalism of the content.
For some strange reasons he had more credit than users on Darwinex since 2016.
Darwinex was born to "democratize" the financial world, that was the mission not to please bankers.
Darwinex is still surviving thanx to retailers and passionates, not thanx to some mysterious come and go institutionals.

Muiris

138 250
We can't pretend forum members to be profitable traders, being profitable is extremely difficult.
That guy was a casual user of old community, spent 14 hours on a forum up and running from 4 years, that was very far from enough to cast judgments of professionalism of the content.
For some strange reasons he had more credit than users on Darwinex since 2016.
Darwinex was born to "democratize" the financial world, that was the mission not to please bankers.
Darwinex is still surviving thanx to retailers and passionates, not thanx to some mysterious come and go institutionals.
He has neither money or contacts. It is likely Juan just seized on the first guy to make the comments that Juan wanted to hear. close the community.

I've read his stuff on his website, no contribution superior to the standard fare on the old community.

CavaliereVerde

Experienced member
1,549 1,993
Going back to youtube...
I think videos by Martyn are much more useful that the ones about Python and API .
If a Darwinex customer wants to work his ass with algo, becoming a trader makes more sense than using the API to buy and sell darwins.
With Python and API you need to start from scratch while with mql you can optimize an existing EA or do some changes.
There is always something to acheive incresing our skills in coding and backtesting.

Reactions: LongVision

LongVision

212 396
With Python and API you need to start from scratch
These advance stuff useful for ML/AI. I always wonder that there is any real advantage of python over scripting language such as mql4/easy language. Learning any advance language is not a bad idea but these things never improve trading skill.
Brainstorming for trading ideas is more useful than learning any advance stuff Python/ML/AI.

Martyn is doing a great job by sharing simple ideas in short videos that are really useful for any trader.

• Love
Reactions: CavaliereVerde

CavaliereVerde

Experienced member
1,549 1,993
I don't know is someone from Darwinex is reading us but just in case this is what I would like from youtube channel.

Videos from Javier Colon about:
  1. profitable trading (ULI is a profitable darwin I am investing)
  2. profitable investing for non programmers
Javier is the true mastermind of Darwinex.
He is the chief investor and he is a profitable trader.
I like his tone much more than Juan.
He has the patience and real humility required to be a profitable trader.

Reactions: Gargamel

CavaliereVerde

Experienced member
1,549 1,993
I just logged in Slack "darwinex collective".
Questions and comments wrtitten in November and December are ignored.
They wanted to turn customers into developers and they failed.
Learning never ends but customers come to Darwinex to make money, not to partecipate to an endless betatest.
Customers are either traders or investors, not data scientists looking for a new and odd asset class.

FXforfun

72 106
I just logged in Slack "darwinex collective".
Questions and comments wrtitten in November and December are ignored.
They wanted to turn customers into developers and they failed.
Learning never ends but customers come to Darwinex to make money, not to partecipate to an endless betatest.
Customers are either traders or investors, not data scientists looking for a new and odd asset class.
I have to disagree. I don't think they ever had the intention to make us betatesters or developers. First, because the platform is very stable, bug-free (almost) and I'm satisfied with the changes whenever they did them. I don't talk about their D-Score bullshit that I never believed neither before or after the change.

Second, they never wanted us to become developers. I think they have honest intentions providing tools for those who want to develop (not my case). I remember Juan words insisting that he wanted alphas and he didn't want to train nobody just provide the tools and environment for alphas. I believe him.

All the crap on the Youtube videos with API's and development languages I think is motivated because they cut the investment on contents. They just have to publish whatever and give it to whoever who can articulate a 40 minuts speach. Happens all the time on all the companies who don't have a serious budget for Marketing.
Hey, I'm not talking ship about Martyn, but his last MQL5 videos... Well, I don't watch him anymore.

And if they cutted the investment on contents, my guess is because the Project is over. They have sold the company. End of the story... Just a guess

IlIlIlIlI

Established member
591 556
There were other changes in the Darwinex companies in the last 2 months they had to publish.

They published their annual report for
TRADESLIDE TRADING TECH LTD (the Darwinex broker company)
and changes in their shares of
TRADESLIDE VENTURES LIMITED (The owner of the Darwinex broker)
You can read it for free at https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/search?q=tradeslide if you click at the right company and go to the filing history.

IlIlIlIlI

Established member
591 556
Can you translate what happened for a mere mortal?
They increased their nice profit on the trading company until June last year. (Reporting year ends end of June)
When did HFD start running downhill? :LOL:
When did they start cutting the VaR to 6.5 %? 🔍
They expected the Spanish licence in January this year, but I'm sure we would know it if they would have got it until now.

I'm not an expert for GB shares as all their shares had voting rights, but they aggregated all of the owner company to one class (class 'A'). So there is room for speculations whether they are searching for new partners with owner participation, but there is nothing done/published until now.

A lot of other stuff is Brexit related.
I recommend to read the strategic report of the trading company (one page) where they declared the community as a value if I got it right. Waiting what they will write there end of this year.

CavaliereVerde

Experienced member
1,549 1,993
Ok but nothing relevant, they have not sold the company.
IBKR is pretty useless for existing customers but they haven't bought Darwinex.

Reactions: IlIlIlIlI

IlIlIlIlI

Established member
591 556
Ok but nothing relevant, they have not sold the company.
IBKR is pretty useless for existing customers but they haven't bought Darwinex.
The trading company was always 100% owned by the venture company and there were no changes in the last years until middle of last year (report end date).
As I'm not an expert for GB publication laws and regulations, I can't say for sure whether they can sell owned shares of the venture company without publication. In the beginning there was a long list who owns how many shares of which class of the venture company.
But I don't think the founders sold parts of the company as they can create new shares to bring money in if they want as long as they find somebody who buys these shares. But the intention and the resolution to increase of the number of shares of a company must be published - there is nothing until now.
Nothing about such or similar transactions is reported until now, so it would be pure (and unfair) speculation to create such rumours.

Last edited:

CavaliereVerde

Experienced member
1,549 1,993
Making the right improvements - not the private label stuff.
Maybe it depends on the missing Spanish licence to take it live, I'm not sure.
Even if we assum the Spanish licence is the reason for closing old community...

Is Spanish licence or IBKR preventing them to improve investable attributes?
Is Spanish licence or IBKR preventing them to create advanced educational material for investors?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock