• Welcome to the Darwinex Forums, these forums are member-run and managed by CavaliereVerde. Member-run forum rules may differ from the site guidelines.

Darwinex Map // Join the wave !

V

Viro Major

Darwinex was meant to grow as a traders’ movement ! Through this interactive project, based on Google Maps, we’ll strive to respect the spirit. If only, it aims to be a visual collection of the wave of Darwinex users growing, with each their own contribution qualities, with respect to the possibility to get in touch virtually (through Private Messages) or IRL. The motives can be varied, up to meet up around a beer with local like-minded friends of a similar area, who relate about trading, in order to exchange views to improve as a trader or as an investor, get a different approach of the relationship with a given provider of Darwin(s) than through the cold official metrics and canals (if there’s shared willingness to proceed), etc etc. The uses will adapt to what you make out of the situation.

———

External link for consultation (privately secured to avoid parasitism)
Please note : if you have the Google Maps app installed but want to consult it in your web browser still, just right click on the link to open it instead if a single left click on it

3 different (independent) filters were set for easy selection to anticipate the day the display would get clustered :
* traders (green plots)
* investors (red plots)
* both at the same time, traders + investors (purple plots)

———

How to participate and appear on the map ? Simply provide a summary of the following info by posting on this very thread :
- whether you’re a trader only, investor only or both (trader & investor)
- approximate geo-location (like, nearest big town if you don’t want to be too specific and maintain some privacy)
- your Darwinex username (especially) if it’s in any way different than the one used at T2W or at other trading sites, otherwise skip)

- gender & the year you were born (optional)

Please note that if you live in one of the following cities :

- London (UK)
...then several members also live there. In order to separate the plots and that they don’t overlap, you’re invited to specify a more specific area / district. For instance, for London, you’d add Canary Wharf, or Soho, etc., you name it.

Consequently, your online avatar and active Darwins will be automatically retrieved ...at the time of the application.
If your basket of Darwins evolves (closure or new ones introduced), please post the new info into a new post on this topic, specifying the changes to take into account.
Someone in charge (a designated mod or several ones) at that time will review your request to validate the modifications.
PS : it’s just as well possible to opt out of the map at any given time, just request it
PS #2: do not even try to claim Darwins that are not yours. The correspondence will be verified!

NB: if your application post receives a “Like” emoji, consider that you’ve been added to the map successfully (or that your info modification request has been processed). Check it out for yourself and let us know of any inaccuracy
NB #2: for easy search, the Darwinex member usernames will be sorted in alphabetical order on the left menu of the map.
When the social handle differs from the Darwinex profile one, it will be specified inside brackets.

Last edited by a moderator:
Special note about the behind the scenes how this map is even possible
The map cannot be set to public mode to allow self autonomous edition, or it would get at risk to be messed up, or attacked by trolls, up to be wiped out and cleared.
Therefore, it relies on the intermediary of one or more moderators of confidence who have access to its administration panel, in order to add or remove the information of participants on the map.
The process is quick, takes less than 30 seconds per user for somebody trained but remains manual, not automatic, and ultimately relies on volunteers to exist and maintain over time...

At this very beginning stage, I’m fulfilling the duty but it won’t last long as my available free time is limited.

Call : any trusted Darwinex member who would be willing to give a hand is invited to manifest him/herself. He/she will be educated about the simple required process then take the task to review this thread for new participation and edition requests, along with the eventual other “moderators” in position at the same time.

Thanks for your good will in advance... the map will likely continue to stay alive only if there is a teamwork effort.

I want to appear in the map.
I am trader and investor
- approximate geo-location (like, nearest big town if you don’t want to be too specific and maintain some privacy)
I live in Madrid
- your Darwinex username (especially) if it’s in any way different than the one used at T2W or at other trading sites, otherwise skip)
My Darwinex user is cpsvcp
Male, 56 years old

I am trader and investor
I live in Madrid
My Darwinex user is cpsvcp
Male, 56 years old

Hi. You’ve been added. Check it for yourself (I deducted you were born in 1964)

I am trader
I'm from Brunei Darussalam (Bandar Seri Begawan town)
My darwin is MUS
M, 1982

I am trader
I'm from Brunei Darussalam (Bandar Seri Begawan town)
My darwin is MUS
M, 1982

Done !

From now on, if I give a “Like” emoji to an application post, consider that you’ve been added on the map (I won’t reply when unnecessary, in order to not cluster this topic)

Hello Community!!

Happy to be here, and thanks to all who make it possible.

I would like to be in the map.

My darwinex user is JJENSLOPFAM, and I am provider and investor.

I am male, and I was born in La Coruña - Spain in 1974

Hello Community!!

Happy to be here, and thanks to all who make it possible.

I would like to be in the map.

My darwinex user is JJENSLOPFAM, and I am provider and investor.

I am male, and I was born in La Coruña - Spain in 1974

Hi & welcome here ! Since then, you stayed in La Coruña (great place) ? Where do you live now ? That’s the one item I need to start placing someone on the map. The other items I can edit later at any time.

Hi & welcome here ! Since then, you stayed in La Coruña (great place) ? Where do you live now ? That’s the one item I need to start placing someone on the map. The other items I can edit later at any time.

I would like to be placed in the map in La Coruña, it is the best accurate place.

I am moving a lot, but my family living place is La Coruña, and my main working place is Madrid.

I'm in for the map 🌍:
investor role (since July 2020, funded)
based in Barcelona, Spain
male (last time I checked)
anonymised username - sorry!
too old to tell

I would like to be on the map if you feel it's appropriate for an EX-Investor to be. A few months ago I stopped all my Forex activity after 10 years investing in EA's, Signals, managed accounts and Darwins. The last 2 or 3 years I have not been able to be profitable and got tired of donating. I could possibly re-enter though if I find some things that feel truly worthwhile. In the meantime I'm a lurker.

It's great that the Community has been salvaged! I hope this will become very successful.

Ex Investor
- approximate geo-location (like, nearest big town if you don’t want to be too specific and maintain some privacy
Near Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
seastar3
Male, 1941

Here goes.. please add me Viro Major!

- Investor
- London
- pythonic
- Male, 1976

Working on it. Second person in London. First case of overplot.
I used to know how to deal with this “issue” by shifting plots but I fail to unlock the plots this time 😧 (I supposed I can’t reach Google to ask how).
At worse, I’ll use districts to separate the locations slightly

Working on it. Second person in London. First case of overplot.
I used to know how to deal with this “issue” by shifting plots but I fail to unlock the plots this time 😧 (I supposed I can’t reach Google to ask how).
At worse, I’ll use districts to separate the locations slightly
Makes sense, crowded city of financial stuff...

Not finding a way to displace the plots and I don’t know by heart the districts of foreign capital towns when they’re not numbered.
I asked for help on Reddit, that’s how desperate the situation is lol