• Welcome to the Darwinex Forums, these forums are member-run and managed by CavaliereVerde. Member-run forum rules may differ from the site guidelines.

[DARWIN] SYO by SERSANSISTEMAS

For HFD, for example, I've detected that before everybody... It was a headshot. Crisp and clear.

But we are not in this case with SYO, we are in the Quantitative Case...

There we are more in the case where there will have a long drawdown... very long... like an agony.

That's my forecast... Can we have that kind of forecast or are we obliged to give up our freedom of expression?

Should we speak only when it's going in the mainstream direction?

But what is very nice with Darwinex, it's that even with a long drawdown, those who trade the Darwins can make money.

That's great.

It's not fair to judge a strategy for a bad month. We're talking about 5 years of history, every single year positive and 120% profit. Come on, who can beat that? Ok, 5-6% drawdawn in a month, worst month in history. Is that a red flag? On a young strategy without historical statistical significance managed by an inexpert trader; Maybe, but that's not the case with SYO. If I was a SYO investor I'd just keep calm and hold my investment. This year only it is wining a 25%. Among us, traders, who can say that? I bet very few of us.

The lesson I learn from SYO is that the market can hit us hard, it happens even to the bests so couldn't happen to myself?

It’s neither about judgement nor giving notes, but prudence. There are market cycles that are longlasting and if a system (even plural) catches a serious drift, you’re in trouble for a long time, then no matter how long the previous track record, it’s dead. I’d even consider that, the more the time a TR shines, the riskier it can also be to invest
There is a sweet spot to find but nothing is eternal unless if you demonstrate a real accommodating talent. Only the present is ever guaranteed but the future is something to write perpetually.

Just visit Collective2. It’s a company who’s around since much longer than Darwinex. Many if not all of the strategies that had 5 years of bright results are no longer around. Bye bye
Sadly, most normal non super-humans are rigid and slow to react to changes

Occurences over time will be independent and tend to dissociate. Imho if you apply the stance that “diamonds are a girl’s best friend” forever about investment, in general you could burn yourself just as heavily than to be quick to trust shiny departs. All has the ability to be illusory. Don’t be a foolish believer in neither directions. Vigilance remains a must. Hence why, it’s so important to dig deeper and be able to figure out the managers about their behind the scenes

Is it 2 friends playing the fool game ?

We are siamese 🤣
Let us discuss please. Why are you preventing to debate pulling out the argument over certitudes only

Last edited by a moderator:
100% agree.
A long trackrecord is not enough but it is the most important feature.
Than you have to dig trading journal to state discipline.
Than you have to dig about the person.
Generally investors have to deal with random internet guys, here we have a respected person with proven experience, a registration, a firm , an educational site.
So the result is less likely to be due to luck.
The pint is that this kind of fundamental research has nothing to do with alarming for a 6% DD that is being managed exactly like the previous ones.
Long trackrecords can be compared with other long trackrecords.
It is pretty useless to compare a long trackrecord with optimistic expectations like being always on highs.

Last edited:
That is usual for systematic traders, also my darwins are portfolios.
I dont' know who designed coded or tested the systems but the responsable is Sergi Sanchez. The systems are managed and supervised by him.

That's my forecast... Can we have that kind of forecast or are we obliged to give up our freedom of expression?
@Pure Pip Producer Your freedom of expression is out of question. You have the record of talking on this forum!! 😅

Just promise you'll be as active as you are now when you enter in drawdawn 🙃

Sorry. Just kidding, I couldn't help posting this comment 😇

😂😂😂

No sorry, i do not look at forums few days before making my performance.

I stay in my bubble... Metacognition Practicing 100% of the time.

Will they change their mind and reverse?
It keeps going down... i'm now almost sure they reversed... They are long NDX or Gold.

So, the worst month is just around the corner for SYO

syo worst month.jpg

That’s a situation of crisis. Hope they have a direct line with Washington 🤣

TBH I can't find any problem on SYO .
It could be the perfect darwin for Darwinex.
Just the opposite: it shows the limits of Darwinex raising money.
SYO had 5 millions aum one year ago , now we have still 5 millions after a return of 20%.

syoaum1y.png

It’s a Quants model. It can not works on the long run.

One day or another, they will have a very long Drawdown that they will never be able to absorb... like 100% of the Quants models. You should read again Taleb.

Did you see even one Quants model that would have worked on Darwinex?

A consistent one?

Please, show me one, i had to be blind or on holidays when a Quants model has worked.

Last edited:
+400k AuM during the fall

It’s funny. What do people think, that when there is a deep, then there is suddenly more distance to travel on the opposite side, like there should be some inertia force popping ? No, it‘s especially an alert sign that the machine is gripping under our eyes and we don’t know where it will stop. No need to study far. The testimonial of the present is almost always what prevails the most.

61AD4FC9-B311-4DE4-8E99-F249766138E4.jpeg

Before the acceleration, everyone is talking with comforting reassurance. Cute

+400k AuM during the fall

It’s funny. What do people think, that when there is a deep, then there is suddenly more distance to travel on the opposite side, like there should be some inertia force popping ? No, it‘s especially an alert sign that the machine is gripping under your eyes and we don’t know where it will stop. No need to study far. The testimonial of the present is almost always what prevails the most.

View attachment 290141

Before the acceleration, everyone is talking with comforting reassurance. Cute
Let's wait and see ...
They enter since they believe in the trader behind SYO.

We’re reduced to beliefs. I’m not keen to comply
In trading you’re supposed to act when there is heat

Having a DD is nothing
We’re reduced to beliefs. I’m not keen to comply
In trading you’re supposed to act when there is heat
Its only his second losing month in 2020! He had a brilliant start to the year. It never ceases to amaze me how people think it its possible to win every single month. That just not how things work when trading for real. I'm sure he will bounce back, good traders always do!