• Welcome to the Darwinex Forums, these forums are member-run and managed by CavaliereVerde. Member-run forum rules may differ from the site guidelines.

[DARWIN] SYO by SERSANSISTEMAS

The high possibility one that can reach and overcome HFD in performance fee accumulation.

Here is the equation :

1 Negative Quarter = Zero Edge

The Quarter is the benchmark

SYO it's the same also, but less exposed as they change strategies sometimes. They will end up to lose control about their Drawdown as well don't worry about that. Check their 5 losing months in a row.

Currently under the quarter floating radar SYO, the Top Aum Darwin, is in potential dangerous position or in a potential good price to enter?

The SYO traders are probably short on Nasdaq... or long Gold/short Nasdaq. (I can not read well which combination they have chose)

Will they change their mind and reverse? For sure, they never stay out from the market. So, or they will stay like that or they could reverse... :unsure:

In any cases, the 3 months floating is negative 🚦

Last time it happened, they had then 5 loosing months in a row :

SYO current dd.jpg

Moreover, a lot of new investors entered these last days...

Potential warning for chilly investors or potential good price to enter for fearless investors? :unsure:

To be continued...

Last edited:
Currently under the quarter floating radar SYO, the Top Aum Darwin, is in potential dangerous position or in a potential good price to enter?

The SYO traders are probably short on Nasdaq... or long Gold/short Nasdaq. (I can not read well which combination they have chose)

Will they change their mind and reverse? For sure, they never stay out from the market. So, or they will stay like that or they could reverse... :unsure:

In any cases, the 3 months floating is negative 🚦

Last time it happened, they had then 5 loosing months in a row :

View attachment 289201

Moreover, a lot of new investors entered these last days...

Potential warning for chilly investors or potential good price to enter for fearless investors? :unsure:

To be continued...

The dive of SYO today at the opening of the US market doesn't look like what we usually know...

dive syo.jpg

SYO is currently experimenting its worse month ever...

It's seems that finally, the floating quarter is a not so bad indicator of a potential problem in the management...

I don't say anything more than my words.

Potential means probably... nothing sure.

It's just that it is better to monitore hourly when the floating quarter is negative.

If i was a Darwins trader, i would always exit when the floating quarter is at -0.01%.

Because, it could potentially be the first signal of a long and deep drawdown i would like to avoid.

But of course, for the Darwins investors, that's different.

Investors aren't traders.

They are looking at the long term performance and can endure long and deep drawdown.

That dive may be preserving to beat some records but it’s also one of his steepest decline regarding time and slope. Must be always alarming. It represents a serial of many consecutive days of losses without a pause
The scary part about a mechanical system that goes out of synch is that it lacks opportunity to reassess an urgency plan to come with something new. They lack flexibility and judgement. Very much a corridor view. It’s always the insecurity that prevails. Alas, we know that "The market can remain irrational longer than you can remain solvent"
For me (and PPP it seems?) it’s important that the investor sets an-anti crash stoploss and distrust the managers by principle.

Last edited by a moderator:
That dive may be preserving to beat some records but it’s also one of his steepest decline regarding time

For me (and PPP it seems?) it’s important that the investor sets an-anti crash stoploss and distrust the managers by principle.

That's my point.

The speed of the losses is a fact that should be cared (-6% in around 10 working days), independently of the other considerations.

The speed of the occurrences of losses is a setting independent of the percentage loss.

To dissociate both, we have.

I don't say that's bad or good.

Because, in fact, it could be planned in a global trading system...

For example, in our Global Strategy Polyphasic Defense of Capital, the speed is an important part of the Global Strategy. We know we can "accelerate" the speed at the beginning of the month... while the speed is at zero for the most part of the rest of the month. The speed is under our control. It's planned that way.

Is that planned at SYO? I don't think so. They do not master the speed of the events. They undergo the events. That's quite different.

Quants Model Vs. Quals Model

The match has just started.

The match of the Century.

Last edited:
It's not fair to judge a strategy for a bad month. We're talking about 5 years of history, every single year positive and 120% profit. Come on, who can beat that? Ok, 5-6% drawdawn in a month, worst month in history. Is that a red flag? On a young strategy without historical statistical significance managed by an inexpert trader; Maybe, but that's not the case with SYO. If I was a SYO investor I'd just keep calm and hold my investment. This year only it is wining a 25%. Among us, traders, who can say that? I bet very few of us.

The lesson I learn from SYO is that the market can hit us hard, it happens even to the bests so couldn't happen to myself?

An attack?

Don't think so.... We decribe the Reality.

I'm super happy of that SYO... Really.

Your interpretation of our message is totally incongruous.

All darwins have areas for improvement.

We simply point the finger to these areas for improvement.

Everyone should be happy about that.

SYO too, because it could maybe help them... who knows?

I am a real investor.
What really matters is that the darwin do not collapse or is closed.
If an investor is not ready do endure 15% DD is better that neither starts investing Darwins.
8 years ago I was scared by one week of DD , now I can endure one year and I am starting to make money.

Instead of overanalyzing one week it is much better to analyze 2 years of trading journal and notice that there has been a significant improvement to the strategy from 2019 to 2020 , confirmed by very high return YTD .