• Welcome to the Darwinex Forums, these forums are member-run and managed by CavaliereVerde. Member-run forum rules may differ from the site guidelines.

[DARWIN] LSC and CVL by CavaliereVerde

Fully agree! However, that doesn't force you to trade ALL the charts. Just my two cents
You know the winners of the past with backtests but you dont' know wihich one will win the future live trading.
The strategy was working on 5 pairs not on every pair, so I traded it on those 5.
Every pair had the same probability to profit in live tradinng.
What I could avoid was to have so much EUR in the portfolio.
It required years of live testing to narrow the selection.

CVL

February was a disaster.
The good news is that VAR skyrocketed to 26%.
Raising VAR was one of my goals for this year.
I just added some equity to keep it between 20 and 25%.
We have this slingshot in March so far, getting some allocation is possible.
War is a good stress test for my strategy.
On April it will be more clear which component is to remove.

Last edited:
CVL

February was a disaster.
The good news is that VAR skyrocketed to 26%.
Raising VAR was one of my goals for this year.
I just added some equity to keep it between 20 and 25%.
We have this slingshot in March so far, getting some allocation is possible.
War is a good stress test for my strategy.
Allocation is very possible, if gains remains around the 8% for the end of March, actual D-Score, a 100% Regularity will bring something around >90, <120 position.

Let's see! :) 🍀

CVL

1 year lookback

CVLcustom1y.png

2 years lookback

CVLcustom2y.png

Looking to these results I would remove EURCAD from the portfolio.

I am seriously thinking to stop my trading by the end of the year.
There is no edge here and it is costing me 15 € per month for the VPS to run the algos.

There is no edge here and it is costing me 15 € per month for the VPS to run the algos.
I don't use VPS since years, I have a computer running 24/7 here.

The reason was that they are all advertising with speed data they don't hold in reality. That's the same as with the "lowest spread" stuff on trading. ;) My current latency to Darwinex is about 35 ms (and to FTMO aboout 55 ms), and if a VPS provider tells me he has only 1 ms it does not hellp if the machine takes more than 10 seconds for the EA calculations.

Last VPS I tested needed up to 30 seconds to execute an EA trade (with less than 2 ms latency) which was executed in less than 1 second when triggered from the EA running in my home office. Usually the physical VPS in London or Frankfurt are overloaded with virtual machines to maximize the profit of the provider.

VPS latency is not the problem here my algos hold a trade for hours to days.
They would work even with 1 second latency.
My point is that trading is not free, I am paying commissions, swaps and a VPS.
There is no point in further waste of time and money.
This money will be better allocated to stocks, or to my darwin portfolio that seems to have an edge.

VPS latency is not the problem here my algos hold a trade for hours to days.
They would work even with 1 second latency.
My point is that trading is not free, I am paying commissions, swaps and a VPS.
There is no point in further waste of time and money.
This money will be better allocated to stocks, or to my darwin portfolio that seems to have an edge.
The latency was not the reason why I stopped it, but it made no sense and I didn't want to support the cheating of the providers.

The time for reliable successful algo trading is over for me since 10 years.
Markets don't listen to youtube trading advisors. ;)

Last edited:
The time for reliable successful algo trading is over for since 10 years for me.
I hope SYO and other algo traders in my portfolio will prove you wrong. :)
I don't blame VPS , liquidity poviders or brokers.
Robust algo trading probably requires more work and/or more knowledge than mine.

Last edited:
BTW I think it happened because it is exactly 2 years since the last trade I opened as trial in september 2020 .

It makes sense to wait for 2 years of inactivity but IMO it reduces the general transparency of the platform.

There is the switch to show closed darwins but i stil think that closing darwins is a way for the trader to hide his failures.

BTW I think it happened because it is exactly 2 years since the last trade I opened as trial in september 2020 .

It makes sense to wait for 2 years of inactivity but IMO it reduces the general transparency of the platform.

There is the switch to show closed darwins but i stil think that closing darwins is a way for the trader to hide his failures.
You might be right - but is that published anywhere?
Did they also close the trading account?
To close inactive accounts is usual in that business.

Did they also close the trading account?
I don't know and I am not interested in logging with that metatrader account, I prefer not to mess, it is not worth.

Probably according to terms and conditions they can close a darwin whenever they want but if they change a policy it would be better to know it in advance.

Last edited:
It is sad to close a Project specially when there is so much time, work and hopes invested in it. It takes courage to admit you were wrong.
But on the other side it is a smart move to stop it when it doesn't go as expected. Same as when a trade hit its stoploss.

If you finally stop it. Full respect!

As a matter of fact the investor's job is kind of trading as well, you just change the assets.

In general: Jumping from Darwin to Darwin is another way of trading. Less agressive because I suppose the investors can rebalance their Darwins in Weeks instead of hours and Risk Management is provided by Darwinex, so it's safer.
However, watching the behavior of some of the investors I can't see much difference between their investments and trading. It's not surprising most of the investors weren't profitable. Same as in trading.