• Welcome to the Darwinex Forums, these forums are member-run and managed by CavaliereVerde. Member-run forum rules may differ from the site guidelines.

[DARWIN] JTL by okcm2019

Hello @topgunfx
I am working on the site, sorry but please wait just a little longer.

Hello @AriaS
I do not believe that the theory I am using has gone bad, but the situation of lower volatility than before and the effect of the increased funds have caused me to lose some details.

Hello @RogerLivermore
Thank you. I do not intend to change the way I trade based on theory.
But I am currently trying to improve on how I split my trade signals.
I've been looking at the profit/loss for each split order since 2023.
ror.png

I found that the first quarter of the split is the best and then it gets worse.
It is possible that the monthly divergence could be a little worse,
but I plan to reduce the number of splits and change the timing of order placement.

Here is this month's fund report.
There were no additional funds.
pl202303.png

Hello okcm2019,
in an earlier post you mentioned that you also trade with different brokers and different strategies. May I ask which strategies and if they are open for customers in terms of subscribing?
Kind regards.

Hello @jlfx
Other strategies are used by me personally. The reasons are: the strategies are too simple and there is little liquidity in the market.
I like to stabilize my performance by diversifying into strategies with low correlation.
Therefore, I use strategies such as short volatility, buy and hold index ETFs, and carry trades in commodities.
However, negative skewed strategies such as short volatility strategies should be used with caution.

No funds were added.

pl202305.png

Hi @okcm2019 ,
just wondered if all is good with your strategy. this year the performance doesn't look good. last year was great. if you have changed anything may I kindly ask you to consider switching back to last year's strategy? thanks a lot in advance and looking forward to great yearend for your trading strategy which I am investing 2nd year in a row.

Hello.
Thanks for the suggestions.

The basic strategy has not been too bad, but the assets added for diversification and the method of splitting orders seem to be making JTL's performance much worse. I will not change the basic strategy, but would like to reduce the number of splits and increase the percentage of previously traded assets.

I added US$22,400 to my trading account.
pl202306.png

Invested since Oct. 2022. I guess I couldn't have had a worse timing on this strategy :).
Keeping faith though, I will increase capital by 30% in the next weeks. All my positive energy to you @okcm2019 !

Hello.
Thanks for the suggestions.

The basic strategy has not been too bad, but the assets added for diversification and the method of splitting orders seem to be making JTL's performance much worse. I will not change the basic strategy, but would like to reduce the number of splits and increase the percentage of previously traded assets.

I added US$22,400 to my trading account.
View attachment 328980
I dont get it. Your strategy has been doing well for the past few years. Can I ask why you would change some part of the strateft by adding splitting orders, which you said is "making JTL´s performance much worse". Wouldn´t it be a better idea to test that in another account where there isn´t 13m of capital? And if it works well, then take it to the main darwin?

Hello JTL,
Thanks for the good work with the strategy. Your signals are generated from python scripts, do you get the price data for the trades directly through the DARWIN API or other sources? Same strategy with different brokers may perform differently, have you tested JTL on other brokers and is the performance relatively uniform? Cheers, keep up the good work

I dont know what did you change but man....it is really bad, i am about to go....your system has change and is not profitable... Why is there is something that works ...you changed it?. Always the same mistakes

I dont know what did you change but man....it is really bad, i am about to go....your system has change and is not profitable... Why is there is something that works ...you changed it?. Always the same mistakes
Didn't you add funds only 2 weeks ago? 1.5% DD since doesn't seem out of range.

Despite the low performance in the last months, there hasn't been any steep drawdown and we have not to forget that performance cannot be linear. I personally will wait for this phase to pass.
If i want guaranteed return I invest in us bonds.

Didn't you add funds only 2 weeks ago? 1.5% DD since doesn't seem out of range.

Despite the low performance in the last months, there hasn't been any steep drawdown and we have not to forget that performance cannot be linear. I personally will wait for this phase to pass.
If i want guaranteed return I invest in us bonds.
It is the performance...something has changed and that impacts really bad on the results. I can affort Drawdowns even 15% but It seems that something is out of control in this Darwin in the last 6 months.If you treat the Darwin with tecnical analisys ..is about to break the uptrend....and this is nothing good. But I will wait and give a chance.

It is the performance...something has changed and that impacts really bad on the results. I can affort Drawdowns even 15% but It seems that something is out of control in this Darwin in the last 6 months.If you treat the Darwin with tecnical analisys ..is about to break the uptrend....and this is nothing good. But I will wait and give a chance.
Yeah i feel you. Your point about technical analysis is actually interesting. Can TA actually be applied on Darwins with diverse underlying assets? Especially when such Darwin underperformance is actually attributed to manual changes in its algorithm rather than 'natural' underperformance.
Anyway, i hope for all of us this gets in a more positive direction!

I dont get it. Your strategy has been doing well for the past few years. Can I ask why you would change some part of the strateft by adding splitting orders, which you said is "making JTL´s performance much worse". Wouldn´t it be a better idea to test that in another account where there isn´t 13m of capital? And if it works well, then take it to the main darwin?

Spliting orders has nothing to do with the strategy.
It is to lessen the divergence on investor's profit. 13 million $ even without leverage is a big order and causes slippage. The trader's profit might be 1% while the investor's could be only 0.5%.

I guess okcm2019 doesn't split orders anymore because divergence went from -0.02% to -0.20%.

So spliting orders is a good thing and if the Darwin doesn't perform well it is mostly because markets aren't as volatile as before and/or because okcm2019 changed parameters wanting to make it better.

A bad time for the strategy and yet nothing has crashed, drawdown remains very raisonnable and still up +/- 5% in a year.
This is already excellent for a "bad performance".

Last edited:
Keep up the good work! I love your Darwin and trading. Ignore d** investors, they clearly know nothing about investing and trading.

I am buying the past and the fact that JTL will follow his system and don`t change his risk when things are tough. He`s doing that, so the question is settled.

For the crying babies,
1. PAST performance is NOT guarantee of future performance.
2. Every system, every fund, every trader spends considerable time in Drawdown. That is absolutely normal: months, even years.
3. STOP looking only at the Dark rectangle and dreamingabout lambos. Also remember of the red rectangle!
1689869871007.png

Again, there are no guarantees, but the fact that he is managing his risk and close to max DD tells me that nothing is wrong. If you don`t understand that you should not be investing or trading!

Again, OKCM, I`m sorry that you have to hear that kind of thing. I guess it`s a reality when dealing with investors and an advantage of being anonymous. The old fact remains true: investors buy the Hot PMs making New Highs and sell the funds making new lows only to end up making little or no money.

I see a good and consistent trader and I am buying! :ROFLMAO:

Currently only holding THA and JTL. The market changed, but the market will always change and systems will make money again, most probably.
My systems are killing it, so I`m happy to make some money from Darwins when my systems starts to lose money, which they will very soon lol