• Welcome to the Darwinex Forums, these forums are member-run and managed by CavaliereVerde. Member-run forum rules may differ from the site guidelines.

[DARWIN] IYU by Sterso7

Grazie mille CavaliereVerde,

well let me first add a few words to the Equity Situation (For the most part it was at €5k). I currently trade 2 accounts, one with Darwinex and my main Account with a german Broker. Due to current uncertainty regarding German Tax Regulation on losses I‘m currently undecided as to how much Equity I will deposit in my Darwinex Account. It is one of the worst laws ever passed and totally ludicrous and just goes to show how incompetent or brazen the far left (yes you SPD) are in Germany. Its basically theft at best, a trading Embargo at worst... Anyway medium term I plan on splitting my Equity, and increasing it at Darwinex.

Now thats out of my System, let me give as much insight as possible.
My Journey: So I‘m rather “new“ to Darwinex. It took me one Darwin (Lvm) to get to know how things work, mainly how best to utilise the IA‘s with my Style of trading.
About: My strategy at its core is basically a momentum driven, trend follwing Long/Short. I try to gauge the direction of the EuroStoxx50 Index every day and position myself accordingly.
Weak points: The thing with Stock Markets, they are mostly trendless, but when they move they move big. So navigating such phases (Jun–Sep) is the hardest part.
Strengths: as stated, when stock markets move (like in Feb/March) or (Mai/June) there is alot of money to be made. In such phases the performance for the year is made. These phases will always occur, I just don‘t have „Glaskugel“ to know when.
Risks: as we all know trading always involves Risk. Drawdowns occur on a regular Basis. I will try my best to manage Risk i.e. Potential DD‘s but I can‘t perform Magic. Going back to 2014 the hardest DD was just shy of 30% ableit traded with more leverage (3,5 to 1). The best gauge would be the underlying, so anything from 10–25% wouldn‘t come as a suprise to me.

Closing thoughts: 2020 so far has been the most diffcult trading year for me personally. And its not just about the VIX being above 25 for the most Part. The Stock market is so unpredictable und choppy which in turn makes it very difficult, but also exciting and challenging. it’s been a banner year for me personally with nearly 36% YTD on the underlying, but I expect things to heat up in the coming weeks. I would love to get the chance to manage your Equity and will ofcourse try my best to grow it long term. I hope this has been insightful and transparent.

regards

Last edited:
Update:
So, after 154 days my Darwin has today closed at a new high, just shy of the all time intraday high from June. 2020 is turning out to be one hell of a year and up until today one of the most difficult trading wise. Considering all headwinds, results up until today are more than satisfactory. I expect markets will continue to be choppy and volatile.

In other news, last month I marginally missed out on my first DarwinIA, due to a losing trade on the last day of the month. With my D-Score continuing to rise, I‘m inching closer every month and should start winning my first allocations in the months ahead.

cheers

I hope you plan to increase your trading equity...
With 220 you would get a symbolic allocation...