• Welcome to the Darwinex Forums, these forums are member-run and managed by CavaliereVerde. Member-run forum rules may differ from the site guidelines.

[DARWIN] IRY by itstradingtime - FedericoSellitti

Hi everyone,
my name is Federico Sellitti, I’m from Italy (although I live in the UK), I’m 30 and it’s very nice to meet you.
I’ve been a Forex Trader since 2007, opening my first account on eToro with my mother’s name, because I was still 17 :)
Today, I am a Certified International Wealth Manager under ESMA / MiFID II. I didn't even know myself the entire title they gave me upon completing a series of exams, I had to check on my personal page before writing it in here :)
Although Certified Internation etc. sounds very professional, you can just think of me as a normal guy with a passion for trading.

I don’t want to bother you talking about how an excellent trader I am or how many millions I make every month, just want to highlight very quickly my background.
My adventure in Forex Trading didn’t start well, but I managed to grow my account since 2007, quitting my job in 2013, becoming a full time trader. What else about me? I’ve joined the University studying Statistics for the Financial Markets. I always say that I’ve been very lucky in my life, because at the time I had to choose what to study at the University, I was already very passionate about Forex Trading.
I have been writer and contributor for a financial magazine. I had a short period between 2018 and 2019, at the HSBC, working on a project about trading.
In the second half of 2017, I started to share some of my strategies and systems on Udemy. I’m very proud of the work that has been done there and the results that some students are achieving.

I have a YouTube channel that I use to share educational content about trading and also reviews of my Darwin IRY.

I founded "It's Trading Time" in July 2020. At the moment, it is a website and a community where I share my trading activity, but I hope it is the beginning of a more ambitious project.

ABOUT MY STRATEGY IRY
IRY is my Darwin based on a system called ALM-TCS. It is a semi-automated system that I also share in one of my courses on Udemy, so everything 100% transparent about my strategy. It’s a system that has been back-tested since 2010, forward tested for the whole 2019, for a total of 3455 trades (only on GBP/USD. In the course, I also consider the other majors and minors and give results for them).
I use the system only on GBP/USD because of several reasons:
  1. It’s been the one that performed at the best since 2010;
  2. Since the system is trend-catcher and performs better with high volatility, GBP/USD offers better conditions than some other pairs like EUR/USD;
  3. GBP/USD spread is, most of the times, better than other pairs like GBP/JPY;
  4. GBP/USD has, most of the times, more liquidity than other pairs, this means less problems such as spread widening and slippages, especially during the overnight sessions.

WHY ARE YOU ON DARWINEX?
I have two main reasons for it:
  1. I want to provide my students with a track record that they can follow over time, without constantly watching my updates in my Udemy courses;
  2. I want to provide my students (and others) with the opportunity to make some money, without actually working as a trader. I get many times messages like: “The market moved very fast and I was at work, unable to adjust my orders” or “I’m very busy in this period of my life, I guess I should focus on daily charts and check my account 10 minutes per day”.
    Many people don’t have the time to take care of their Forex business. Many others just love their job and don’t want to dedicate more than 10 minutes per day to take care of their trades/investments. So, for all those people who were and are interested in the system, but don’t have time, I opened this account.
I want to clarify that I also share my investor password in one other YouTube video. You can find it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTvxvzZ8z4o&t=2s 36
If you have time, you can just log into my account, copy my trades without investing in my Darwin. You will get 100%, without paying the 20% fee through Darwinex.
I’m not interested that much in having millions as AuM. I trade my own accounts even outside Darwinex. I’m happy with what I make, I’m happy with my life, I’m happy with my $20 t-shirt and I don’t feel the rush to become a multi-millionaire.

Important milestones reached on Darwinex
  • 7th April 2020 - 6 months on Darwinex. Return 17.58% / Drawdown -5.15%
  • 1st July 2020 - First time winning a prize in Darwinia (52nd with an allocation of €48,000)
  • 3rd August 2020 - Top 100 in the Darwinex Hall of Fame
  • 7th September 2020 - Top 20 Darwin ordered by number of investors
  • 9th September 2020 - Top 10 Darwin ordered by Asset under Management
The journey to be a top Darwin provider continues and I want to thank all the investors who already joined, sustaining my work every day and trusting me and my trading system.

If you have any question, I will be happy to try to answer at my best. Meanwhile, have a great trading day.

Being a trader means also going through bad periods sometimes.

IRY2.PNG

A flash crash for the ALM system (IRY), taking 2% in 5 minutes.
A 2% that currently makes the month of September 2020 the worst month since May 2018, with a current performance of -2.57%.

To all the ALM traders, I hope you will be able to keep calm and stay focused. Remember that this is not a 100m race, this is a long marathon. Don't let fear trade for you.

To all the investors, although we are well within the 10% drawdown we are expecting with IRY (current drawdown is -3.86%), I know that any bad period can be quite tough to digest, so I want to express my gratitude to all of you.

Stay safe and good luck :)

PS: useless to say that this drawdown happens when my multiplier went from 0.74 to 0.88. Great job VaR :)

Hi there Federico,

Drawdown happens to all of us, good to see you are still in the "right mindset"
Unfortunately (somehow as expected though) the VaR multiplier went up instead of down.
Still, I find it very good how you have managed your VaR so well.

I stand by my previous post.
A good Darwin and a solid trader.

Good luck and keep it up(y)

As long as they dont' interview you everything will be fine!
😁 :ROFLMAO: :cool:

They did a few months ago and I wasted 2 weekends (while on holiday) between re-scheduling and catching up.
At the end, they said it was a great interview and they were enthusiastic to publish it and have another one.
4-5 months have passed... disappeared. Not even replied to my email to know what happened or if I could have that interview at least for myself.
If they contact me again for another interview, this time the finger I'm going to raise won't be the thumb.

They did a few months ago and I wasted 2 weekends (while on holiday) between re-scheduling and catching up.
At the end, they said it was a great interview and they were enthusiastic to publish it and have another one.
4-5 months have passed... disappeared. Not even replied to my email to know what happened or if I could have that interview at least for myself.
If they contact me again for another interview, this time the finger I'm going to raise won't be the thumb.
Your questioning VAR annoyed some people maybe :D :D :D :D

@SkyField when somebody kicks a sick/troubled man lying on the ground(HFD),he can expect to be kicked back when appropriate .I wouldn't bother with IRY if he hadn't attracted attention to himself with his posts and Likes.If you want to know more about this gambler ask yourself why he is all the time in the market,while trading only one currency pair and such problematic one like Cable.And why he has so many trades daily each day in that single pair.And,if you check his RA graph, why his leverage in all those trades is looking as we can see in that graph?
Darwinex is not perfect,but it gives you tools to analyse such characters as Federico.
Peace.

If you want to know more about this gambler ask yourself why he is all the time in the market,while trading only one currency pair
Stop and Reverse (SAR) type of strategies are not uncommon among traders. Many traders trade SAR or always in the market type strategy. Even the current top Darwin SYO uses a similar kind of approach for trading only two markets ( NDX and GOLD).

I really don't think the posts about IRY are useful. At least for now. He hasn't boasted about anything extraordinary and has only just reached his projected max DD of 10%. We also know that 10-20% DDs are normal with Darwins. Give it time before giving him labels like "gambler" etc. His "marketing" is loved by many as you can see from his investors and invested sum.

The market has been really choppy at the start of this October, especially on GU. Anyone using trend following approaches on it that are not super shorttermist will also find it difficult.

when somebody kicks a sick/troubled man lying on the ground(HFD),he can expect to be kicked back when appropriate .
This is really bad stuff...
Let's try too avoid personal attacks, a DD of 10-15% is perfectly normal and has nothing to do with bad trading on HFD .
If HFD disappointed you it is not the case to look for revenge on other traders...

Last edited:
10-15% is normal for you ok.

But a Drawdown so fast is not "perfectly normal".

The speed of the occurences... i already spoke about that.

And that's a very important point that all the traders should take care.

(it's a constructive post! Like all my posts! Until i'm attacked, only then, i destroy the guy who try to argument against me)