[DARWIN] ILR by IlIlIlIlI

• Welcome to the Darwinex Forums, these forums are member-run and managed by CavaliereVerde. Member-run forum rules may differ from the site guidelines.

ridgeback

13 4
No frontal attack from me, just stating facts. Free speech on this forum is allowed isn't it?
Any trader touting for investment must be prepared for critique. What got me was when he list listed his darwin and he adverstised that he was a long term, experienced trader and also sold indicators/ea's in his darwin description. But yet still can't trade his way out of a paper bag? And then soon took that down when his ea stopped working.. same old, same old.. no i didn't invest.
Sorry, but these forums are full of these BS merchants.

IlIlIlIlI

Established member
545 516
No frontal attack from me, just stating facts. Free speech on this forum is allowed isn't it?
Any trader touting for investment must be prepared for critique. What got me was when he list listed his darwin and he adverstised that he was a long term, experienced trader and also sold indicators/ea's in his darwin description. But yet still can't trade his way out of a paper bag? And then soon took that down when his ea stopped working.. same old, same old.. no i didn't invest.
Sorry, but these forums are full of these BS merchants.
If you go for investing in a Darwin, you should know enough English if you see a Darwin with this description which is published since months:
1631624270016.png

Believe it or not, there were investors who made some money with this Darwin. You can easily find that out in the Hall of Fame at Darwinex.
I never was and I never wrote that I'm "touting for investment", that point of view just happens only between your ears. ;)

Before you judge others who try the FTMO trial or challenge, try it out yourself. For most traders trading a challenge account is very different to their trading before if they can pass the challenge and make money with FTMO.
IMO prop firms like FTMO are the future for the better traders, they don't need any social trading platforms where most platforms are crap and investors are losing money, unfortunately Darwinex is also suffering. In the future the social trading stuff is only for traders who are not able to pass the challenges of the prop firms and make money with them - like me 🤣 until now.

To my person and my past:
I'm in the lucky situation that I made a 6-digit amount profit (in EUR) twice in my life with trading which makes me relaxed with losses besides I still dislike them, times are changing - meanwhile rapidly - so a lot of things and strategies don't work any more which were brilliant years ago.

Note:
Free speech should not be used as an excuse for attacks and unfriendliness. These kind of attacks were the first trigger for Darwinex to kill the old forum. It also makes newbies and readers avoiding such a forum. The damage hits more than the writer usually wants to hit.

Last edited:

trilobite

87 154
a lot of things and strategies don't work any more which were brilliant years ago.
Very true, I think that's why a lot of the training materials and courses are useless. They are trying to sell methodologies that just don't work any more (as you said). As the saying goes; if you can't blind them with science, baffle them with bullshit!

CavaliereVerde

Experienced member
1,523 1,950
It is survivorship bias.
We are here discussing because at some point in the past we made money, maybe it was just luck, a profitable part of a random walk.

Reactions: IlIlIlIlI

ridgeback

13 4
My English is ok thanks, oh and I can read too..

As I wrote on January 19th here, I'm happy with 1-2 % return every month - without exception.
That is still valid and it implies that you have a new all time high every month.
At the end of a year that should be between 15 and 25 % annual return.
IMO that is very competetive to the majority of the most invested Darwins.
If I add this goal to the performance of January and February, ILR should show at least 30% at the end of the year, more than 50% would be really great with the 3.25% - 6.5% Target VaR. The current VaR ratio is 0.24 (reduced from 0.26 on Thursday night), and that number is more stable than the VaR you see.
I never was and I never wrote that I'm "touting for investment", that point of view just happens only between your ears. ;)
Err, I don't think so....

IlIlIlIlI

Established member
545 516
Thanks for remembering me to the good times, but you didn't copy the full post:

1631629420011.png

What do you think, did I mean with "enough"? Buy, hold and cry? ;)

But you're right, I failed my forecast and my goals.

And this is still valid:
I never wrote that I'm "touting for investment", that point of view just happens only between your ears. ;)
I didn't say that a possible effect was not wanted.

Edit:
you're also right, that I stopped listing the Darwins data in my post footer here when it broke down as I don't believe in "buying on dips" when investing. IMO that's only good for trading Darwins (example HFD).

Reactions: CavaliereVerde

CavaliereVerde

Experienced member
1,523 1,950
It seems pretty normal.
I dont' agree with expectations like printing money every month or quarter but every darwin provider risks real money and pays fees because he assumes to be a profitable trader.
If you trade a live account you suppose to be profitable otherwise you stay in demo and you don't waste money for fees.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock