• Welcome to the Darwinex Forums, these forums are member-run and managed by CavaliereVerde. Member-run forum rules may differ from the site guidelines.

[DARWIN] FIU by Forexintradiadarwin

A promising trackrecord from my old friend @Forexintradiadarwin .
Here is your new space to present your strategy, let's go! ;)
I have a question, it looks like my darwin FIU is highly correlated (0.81) to another darwin. It never happened to me before, I think this is almost impossible to happen. I trade manually...and I don't know what to think, but I'd like to know the gurus opinions about it. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Correlation is not reliable, 2 traders riding the same trend are correlated.
The lookback for correlation is very short only 3 weeks.
I asked them to increse the lookback but they ignored it.
->https://community.darwinex.com/t/darwinia-disqualification-for-correlation-should-be-changed/1038/1
It is very rare to me. The other darwin has more than double of trades than mine, his profit this month is more than three time less than mine (1.65% vs 5.45%)...and I am manual trader, how is that possible? Funny thing is that unexpectedly my darwin was in position 59 last Friday, and now this high correlation with this darwin which is ranked above 500 in darwinia is blocking me...lol (I wasn't even watching Darwinia positions, I saw it by chance...and said, wowww...what the heck, am I at 59 position? And now this...lol

It is very rare to me. The other darwin has more than double of trades than mine, his profit this month is more than three time less than mine (1.65% vs 5.45%)...and I am manual trader, how is that possible? Funny thing is that unexpectedly my darwin was in position 59 last Friday, and now this high correlation with this darwin which is ranked above 500 in darwinia is blocking me...lol (I wasn't even watching Darwinia positions, I saw it by chance...and said, wowww...what the heck, am I at 59 position? And now this...lol
Both Darwins traded USDJPY as main asset in the last month, but also other different assets. I assume the correlation is calculated because of the common moves relying mostly on that pair.
The difference between your nice profit and the average of the other one relies on the different VaR which is not regarded for the detection of a correlation.
You just need to lose one percent of the correlation to be back in DarwinIA, maybe that happens without action, maybe you can make a change in the assets traded until end of this week and that works ...
The description of the calculation procedure of Darwinex is found here at the bottom of the linked page.

Last edited:
Both Darwins traded USDJPY as main asset in the last month, but also other different assets. I assume the correlation is calculated because of the common moves relying mostly on that pair.
The difference between your nice profit and the average of the other one relies on the different VaR which is not regarded for the detection of a correlation.
You just need to lose one percent of the correlation to be back in DarwinIA, maybe that happens without action, maybe you can make a change in the assets traded until end of this week and that works ...
The description of the calculation procedure of Darwinex is found here at the bottom of the linked page.
Hi old friend. Thanks for your detailed explanation. There is thing you said "The difference between your nice profit and the average of the other one relies on the different VaR". My VAR is around 20% while his is 7%, what in similar or equal trades means the he should have way more profits than me, but what happened is the opposed. Anyway, I am not worried, I am curious about how it that even possible trading manually.

A promising trackrecord from my old friend @Forexintradiadarwin .
Here is your new space to present your strategy, let's go! ;)
Finally I am going to make a brief presentation of my darwin FIU
I think my goals and the reasons I am trading are a little bit different than the most of traders.

I had already written a lot about me in Darwinex forum, so I am just going to say here that I am a 58 old guy, originally from Bilbao (Basque Country), I have lived in four countries, I am happily married and I enjoy a fortunate life nowadays.

FIU is not my vehicle to be rich, it is a challenge for me, it is something that I like to do, I like the challenge to beat the market (I think the market is "almost" perfect, but if I am not greedy, I believe that I can pick the crumbs).

Because my goal isn't to make some hundreds or a few thousands (I don't pretend to sound arrogant) I don't feel the need to have a bigger equity, I just put some money in the account enough to be able to trade. If some day my darwin FIU is killing it and I feel that I could make a serious amount of money if I had a bigger equity I'll do it, but that is not the case right now. In the meantime I am trying to make a track record trading as well as if I had a million on the table.

I only trade Forex (about twenty pairs), I am a manual trader, I couldn't use a robot, it'd kill all the fun and joy. I started trading using "price action", and I am still using these principles, however along the years (watching thousands of charts, reading, watching videos, etc...) I think I have developed some skills reading "price environment" (I've just made up this term...lol), so I combine "price action" and "price environment". In short, I couldn't teach my trading system to anyone, because it is very personal (other reason I couldn't even imagine to put it on autopilot).

I used to trade in short time frames, but the markets are very tricky oftentimes and they like to kill "stop loss" so, I am trading any time frame when I see an opportunity, so some of my trades can last a month, others one hour. I use to look for opportunities inside trends of bigger time frames (this is my "eye" on "price environment").

In short, I am trading because I like it and it is a challenge for me. If anyone put any money on my darwin I won't change anything, I'll just trade as usual.

Any questions?