• Welcome to the Darwinex Forums, these forums are member-run and managed by CavaliereVerde. Member-run forum rules may differ from the site guidelines.

[DARWIN] DMO and DQO by davidautentico

This is David. I'm a trader and a programmer from Spain.
I've been trading since 2009 and in a systematic / EA mode from around 2014. My trading is based on ideas from Ernst Chan, Robert Carver and some friends from the industry ( programmers and pro traders).
Apart from Darwinex I trade a prop account for PSY-Axitrader. It's a six figures account. I'm one of their called 'pro traders'.

Talking about DMO. DMO is a bunch of subsystems based on mean-reversion. It tries to capture middle-size intraday moves on EUR (10-30 pips). It avoids news and more volatile hours for obvious reasons. Susbsytems are revised on a monthly basis and they are removed if the last 3 months are negative. New systems are also added every month. There is no grid and not martigale, every signal has his theoretical edge.

We all know that edges could dissapear, I trade this from 2014, but maybe one day it will stop working. So, I have added a money management sybsystem, I measured the average + standard desviation of max DD during last 3 months, if it's reached the MM subsystem closes the 50% of the exposure, trying to minimize the damage. Eventually if at the end of the month all subsystems are negative during the last 3 months, DMO will stop trading until it works again.

This is a brief description. Sorry for my english. I'll try to improve my grammar later.

Regards,
David

Last edited:
New Darwinia Allocation:

darwinia30k.jpg

March recap:

DMO:

Finally, it had a good month. DMO is the perfect example of how random the market is. DMO has an expectancy of 10-15% a year with a manageable DD. The reality is that the performance is around 2-5%. Anyway I hope to get better results this year and finally, reach new highs.
dmo.jpg

DQO:

Darwinia new prize of 48.000 euro!
It operates shorter trades than DQO and its edge is (Theory here) better than DMO. I believes it will reach Darwinia top 10 some month of this year..
dqo.jpg

March recap:

DMO:

Finally, it had a good month. DMO is the perfect example of how random the market is. DMO has an expectancy of 10-15% a year with a manageable DD. The reality is that the performance is around 2-5%. Anyway I hope to get better results this year and finally, reach new highs.
View attachment 298608

DQO:

Darwinia new prize of 48.000 euro!
It operates shorter trades than DQO and its edge is (Theory here) better than DMO. I believes it will reach Darwinia top 10 some month of this year..
View attachment 298609
What is the main difference between DMO and DQO ?

What is the main difference between DMO and DQO ?

DMO: just trade EUR
DQO: several pairs (mainly EUR)

Also, different entries/exits and hours. DQO closes positions in less than 3 hours.