custom studies - point markings

Hi,
I'm learning about custom studies in sierra chart. Fun! But the documentation seems weak. They have a study called island reversal that is displayed as a "point" in the study settings. It looks like the top graph in this attachment. See that pink dot in the middle of theprice bars?

So I wrote this test study, and when I choose "point" as the type of display, using the same settings as island reversal, it squishes the price bars so that they become unreadable (lower chart).

Have any of you created a custom study that puts a point near the price bars, or does a paintbar thing like tradestation?
Thanks,
JO

Attachments

• SierraChartStudies.gif
    SierraChartStudies.gif
    29.5 KB · Views: 331
Hi JO,

The position of the custom plot on the chart depends on the value in columns K,L,M and N row 3.
For example if you want to place the marker above the bar, replace the 1 in the "if clause true area" to the high + a small number of pips. (high is found in cell C3) reverse using low - pips to place the marker below.

Regards
Kevin

s&ptrader said:
Hi JO,

The position of the custom plot on the chart depends on the value in columns K,L,M and N row 3.
For example if you want to place the marker above the bar, replace the 1 in the "if clause true area" to the high + a small number of pips. (high is found in cell C3) reverse using low - pips to place the marker below.

Regards
Kevin
So when I change this formula, which I entered into K3:
=IF(AND(O3=1,P3=1),1,0)

I replaced the red numeral 1 with C3+0.0001 ?

How cool is that? T2W rocks! (and so do you!)
:D :!: :idea: :D

Attachments

• SierraChartStudies2.gif
    SierraChartStudies2.gif
    14.3 KB · Views: 322