Sierra

I have v59 ... it was not posted to the download section. It was only available in the Sierra forum. I guess it was some type of beta for the playback...

v59 came in two stages and had some "beta" stuff in it that is now solid in v60 (including the new replay function and then improvements to line handling). You could get it if you want it but I suspect the team didn't want everyone using beta software.

Do you like the improvements to line handling in v60?

Kiwi

Definitely some good improvements. But and it's only a small but. I do like the idea of having the snap to high/low, although I will probably never use it. I'm still just playing with it at the moment to see why I would want to use it, but you need to be pretty precise to get the correct high/low. By the time I have drawn the line to the correct bar, I've got the line I want so there is no real need to snap it.

What I would really like to see is the ability to select the line I want to move/amend/delete with the pointer, rather than typing the line number.

Maybe next time :)

Cheers

Mike

I have asked for that too Mike. I think its a biggee though as they need to build a cursor map and translate it to the screen objects. However they havent said no so I expect that it will turn up sooner or later.

The good thing about snap to high and low is if you are drawing a long term (many bar) trendline and the exact angle counts. I have maybe 1 of those on a chart for every 10 short term ones but I will use the snap to for that one.

Hi can anyone send me some historical US data for sierra as i am new to trading and need to practice on paper before tradign for real, i would be very greatful!
Thanks,

Will147

What kind of data are you after, Will? For what instruments? Using what data feed?

Hi Matt,

I am looking to swing trade US stocks on either the S&P or the Dow probably using a 60 minute chart, (bar or candle). I would use a mytrack data feed but i thought it was possible to scroll through historical data on sierra without a data feed?

Will i need to purchase sierra in order to view this historical data?

Thanks,

Will147

If you've not registered Sierra yet, you get 7 days of use where it will recognise any instrument and show you the chart for it. After those 7 days, I believe it only shows a limited range of symbols - IBM & MSFT I think. But it's cheap as chips, so a 6-month subs isn't going to break the bank.

Can't help you with the data I'm afraid : I've got some emini S&P/Dow/Nasdaq/QQQQ data but that's it. Otherwise your best bet would be to pay for a months' MyTrack subscription and download a bucketload of historical data from them. I think you'll struggle to get it any other way in ready-to-go-format.

Otherwise, if you can get the data in .csv or .txt format, there are a some free tools that will convert it to .mnd format that Sierra can then use. You don't need a data feed to scroll through the data, but you need some way of populating your data folder.

Thanks for taking the time out to answer my questions Matt, very much appreciated!
I think my best bet is to probably subscribe to my track for a month and downlaod data like you said!

Thanks,

Will147

Help..........

I have just loaded Sierra/My Track , problem I have got is that on the Eur/Usd future I have only got 3 decimal places instead of the 4 I need to trade the contract i.e. 1.300 instead of 1.3004.

I always regret messing around with software during the trading day, can anyone give me a fix

thx

Press F5 (or go to Chart Settings) then press Alt-r and change (the Price Display Format) to .0001

Control 0
move the cursor between the regions and adjust accordingly
de nada

rossored said:
Can anyone tell me if its possible to shrink the amount of space on Sierra that one indicator takes up? I'm using ADX on a 1min and the damn thing takes up about 40% of the whole chart! Totally unnessercary!

Have tried messing about with the "region" settings under "studies" and whilst that shrinks the overall size of ADX a little, it also seems to shrink the OHLC bars and leaves a massive unused gap... :rolleyes:

Muchos grassy a*se for any help you can offer :cheesy:

Thanks for that - but I did post that question waaaaaaaay back in 2003... kinda figured it out a while ago ;)

hourly chart

I observe hourly chart on my set up ,of both YM and Indu,the hourly candle on the indu starts at top of the hour as well as the Ym on my sierra.I Also use futurescource as additional reference at times and i have observed that the hourly candle on the chart for the YM start at half past the hour.Is it possible to set my sierra chart that i have indu hourly candle change at top of the hour and the Ym to change at half past the hour?
Thank you

I believe this is determined by your 'Start Time' in Chart Settings (F5 or) - Right Click on a chart - Chart Settings - Start time. If you set it to half past the hour, I think that will give you what you want.