Currency trading (Aug 7th > 11th)

IMO most of the big players have an each way bet

once bitten twice shy an all that

I may just watch unless they raise rates :eek:

I've taken 4 trades already today and a pause is widely expected so unless something out of the ordinary happens I'll probably sit and watch it move 150 without me :cheesy:

It's all about the language apparently even if there's no change in the rates, but how WE get to hear exactly what's said I don't know

Maybe a big dissapointment. As long as I get something!

holy shiat that was nuts!
that looked funny on oanda the way it zipped up lol

Bit of a damp squib really. I am now long 9073, stop at 9033 and shooting for 9153.

zuke said:
Morning all btw. I am currently long from 9048, with a stop at 08 and target at 9128

Patience was a virtue after all! +80 on this morning's trade!

I thought about that this morning too Zuke and was so tempted to go long and leave it and stuck to my plan so I'm pleased with myself if not my balance (today).

Well done though, not so sure about the new long mind.

wasp said:
I thought about that this morning too Zuke and was so tempted to go long and leave it and stuck to my plan so I'm pleased with myself if not my balance (today).

Well done though, not so sure about the new long mind.

I got sooo bored at one point this afternoon, I was gonna cut the trade for a measly 18 pips!. As for my new long, yes it is "un peu risque" but as I have a 1:2 RR, even if it goes t*ts up, Im still +40 for the day.

wasp said:
Is there anywhere you can place a bet that it'll whipsaw like mad and finish the day not 10 more away from where it is now!

Good old FOMC!

here's a question for ya

Have we seen the high for the week????

Ah well, I can only trade the now, the future is beyond me and I have no idea? I'll tell you Friday!

dc2000 said:
here's a question for ya

Have we seen the high for the week????

looks like a bearish englufing key reversal candlestick on the daily chart.

that COT report was right. too many longs in the market.

now the EUR/USd it's down to 1.2777 ... seems like the dolar managed to stay up ..
there is a saying :" What doesn't go up, goes down" :rolleyes: