Crime and punishment

Pat494

Mar 27, 2004
I see Donald has declared the war with Isis has been won and is withdrawing US troops.
No doubt the poodle UK won't be far behind.

Signalcalc

May 21, 2016
I see Donald has declared the war with Isis has been won and is withdrawing US troops.
No doubt the poodle UK won't be far behind.
The UK/EU alliance are horrified aren't they? How will they justify support for the terrorist child organ traffickers in the region without US support?

Atilla

Nov 15, 2006
By authority I am meaning source, evidence, origin.
I was going to say think about it but here you go...

Jihad, (Arabic: “struggle” or “effort”)also spelled jehad, in Islam, a meritorious struggle or effort. The exact meaning of the term jihad depends on context; it has often been erroneously translated in the West as “holy war.” Jihad, particularly in the religious and ethical realm, primarily refers to the human struggle to promote what is right and to prevent what is wrong.
https://www.britannica.com/topic/jihad

There is little Jihad and Big Jihad guess what they are in essence of the faith and draw your own conclusions.

I've read material from the far right and this verse is always quoted as some kind of evidence.
Quran 2:191- ‘And kill them wherever you find them…’ Explained
Killing of civilians who pose no danger to one is forbidden in the book. As you may know Quran to believers is supposed to be the ultimate authority, so called word of god.
These words above are well out of context from the surah it is used in.

Whether it is the religious teachers or ultra right they are both sowing the seeds of hate. Don't join their ranks by repeating their BS drivel.

The BBC often meets around the table and comes up with phrases which are often one sided. I've always wondered why they call some fighters, guerrillas or as with ISIS when they first started fighting against Assads regime they were described as 'rebel fighters'. Al-Qaida were labelled freedom fighters ie the Mujahadeen, when they were fighting Russians in Afghanistan. Rambo the US hero even went there to help them out. People have trouble discerning what is fiction from facts these days.

Anyhow, there is enough material out there. DYOR.

Moving on, you'd never guess???

1545501596671.png

His boss can't believe it's him.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/ukne...rrested-couple-revealed/ar-BBRir3m?li=BBoPWjQ

tomorton

Feb 28, 2002
Exeter
I was going to say think about it but here you go...

Jihad, (Arabic: “struggle” or “effort”)also spelled jehad, in Islam, a meritorious struggle or effort. The exact meaning of the term jihad depends on context; it has often been erroneously translated in the West as “holy war.” Jihad, particularly in the religious and ethical realm, primarily refers to the human struggle to promote what is right and to prevent what is wrong.
https://www.britannica.com/topic/jihad

There is little Jihad and Big Jihad guess what they are in essence of the faith and draw your own conclusions.

I've read material from the far right and this verse is always quoted as some kind of evidence.
Quran 2:191- ‘And kill them wherever you find them…’ Explained
Killing of civilians who pose no danger to one is forbidden in the book. As you may know Quran to believers is supposed to be the ultimate authority, so called word of god.
These words above are well out of context from the surah it is used in.

Whether it is the religious teachers or ultra right they are both sowing the seeds of hate. Don't join their ranks by repeating their BS drivel.

The BBC often meets around the table and comes up with phrases which are often one sided. I've always wondered why they call some fighters, guerrillas or as with ISIS when they first started fighting against Assads regime they were described as 'rebel fighters'. Al-Qaida were labelled freedom fighters ie the Mujahadeen, when they were fighting Russians in Afghanistan. Rambo the US hero even went there to help them out. People have trouble discerning what is fiction from facts these days.

Anyhow, there is enough material out there. DYOR.

Moving on, you'd never guess???

View attachment 258893

His boss can't believe it's him.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/ukne...rrested-couple-revealed/ar-BBRir3m?li=BBoPWjQ

Not what I was asking. Is there anything - a book or a paper or academic study or a survey or evidence or anything which at some time was the source of the information on which you based your current conclusions?

Signalcalc

May 21, 2016
Two people arrested in connection with drone attack at Gatwick. Which is good. Hopefully that's the end of it.............
They seem a very unlikely couple, have the cops got the wrong man? Taking their time charging them, if it is them, looks like they might not have enough evidence.

And yet the media have splashed their faces across everything, think they may need police protection after this if innocent.

Pat494

Mar 27, 2004
Drone monsters have all the rest of the country to fly about in so why do they do it near airports ?
If they had to pay the costs of their actions they might think twice about next time - idiots !

tomorton

Feb 28, 2002
Exeter

Atilla

Nov 15, 2006
Well I was surprised by the response of our authorities given our high tech military including Scotland Yard and GCHQ capabilities. There is something about this case we'll never get to find out.

I refuse to believe the authorities bungled this up. I'm going to guess lives were saved at the expense of some inconvenience to others. (y)

tomorton

Feb 28, 2002
Exeter
Well I was surprised by the response of our authorities given our high tech military including Scotland Yard and GCHQ capabilities. There is something about this case we'll never get to find out.

I refuse to believe the authorities bungled this up. I'm going to guess lives were saved at the expense of some inconvenience to others. (y)

I am very happy to believe the authorities cocked up. Didn't perceive the level of threat, didn't plan for it, haven't got any deterrent measures in place, couldn't react effectively when it happened. Sounds just like British government in action.

Signalcalc

May 21, 2016
Drone monsters have all the rest of the country to fly about in so why do they do it near airports ?
If they had to pay the costs of their actions they might think twice about next time - idiots !
Looks like a deliberate act that went on for some time to me Pat, rather than incompetent numpties flying a bit too close.

I don’t buy into Att’s conspiracy theory just yet, if they were to go to the trouble of shutting down Gatwick for a couple of days under the guise of a drone attack then my theory is that some operation abroad was in progress and that they wanted an inbound flight stopped so they could complete the mission. They can’t reuse the drone excuse again now there is expensive protection.

If it was a terrorist alert then surely it would have been easier to just shut Gatwick for that reason.

My gut feel is that this is genuine incompetence and there have been ongoing arguments regarding drone protection and who should pay for it as it is expensive in capital outlay and ongoing support, testing, manning and maintenance will cost many times that, for all UK airports. Now they will have to make decisions, expect a security tax on all tickets in the future, another handy way for them to tax us.

Pat494

Mar 27, 2004
Not very expensive to have an armed helicopter on standby.
Catching them on the ground is a police job too.

SimonOwen

Nov 20, 2018
I believe that it is necessary that the criminals repent and in the future do not commit this, that is, you need re-education and a lot of work so that they only spiritually rest, let them help people.

Pat494

Mar 27, 2004
I expect you have heard the latest load of cr*p from some feeble minded politician. She says that short prison terms for burglary etc. should be abolished.
The only plus I can think of is that criminals might die, laughing so much.
How ridiculous.
An alternative suggestion is 1 stroke of the lash for each day of sentence.
That might sink in.
And not with a powder poof.