Career Prospects After working for Firms Like Tibra and Optiver

Few traders get a genuine fixed % of P&L. Especially at the top end in the banks - it's a little more bit excessive and sets poor incentives relative to risk.

wow, this thread has certainly grown and covered a lot of different ground. I've just finished reading all the posts.

First, thanks HoodTrader for answering my questions, have you made a decision as to stay at your current position? (by the way you mentioned someone who works with you used to work at IMC Pacific, did he find the jump to an IB easy?)

And to bambrouk, you mentioned compensation at marketmakers are similar on par with IB's, yet I read the link regarding Optiver being sued by the CFTC and their head traders are making about 1.7mill, though this is a very high number in itself from what others have discussed there is more potential at banks?

Since Optiver has been so relatively topical, Optiver partners are supposedly on a minimum bonus of 1.5m euros and head traders are presumably partners.

I doubt there are any at Optiver who have taken the 45m euros that say Ben-Brahim would take from GS etc. but I think you are being rather unrealistic to look at it like that...

Since Optiver has been so relatively topical, Optiver partners are supposedly on a minimum bonus of 1.5m euros and head traders are presumably partners.

I doubt there are any at Optiver who have taken the 45m euros that say Ben-Brahim would take from GS etc. but I think you are being rather unrealistic to look at it like that...

Well, I wasn't exactly referring to Ben, I was comparing to a Managing Director at an IB. By the way Bambrouk, what kind of trading (I'm assuming you work as a trader) place do you work at? And what kind of experience has it been so far?

Great thread guys! really good read! Given me a far greater insight in to the differences in trading at Props/IB's.

Do any of these props take on any junior traders? Havent been looking at groups such as these for positions before.

MD at a bank is a near minimum of 7 years of experience. You only see a few people in props who have been around that long and since both are making most of their package on equity ownership, it's hard to compare. The successful props will have hardly been dented by the equity market downturn. The common private ownership structure and direction independent emphasis on most of them makes them far absolute winners compared to the banks in the last two years.