Prop Trading Firms that hire Graduates

sushiparlour

Hi Everyone,

I'm hoping to compile a list of Prop Trading firms that hire graduates in the coming year 2010, as some of these firms are not necessarily well publicized I'm thinking this could be useful for those of us (graduates) who follow this forum and wish to work in Trading. Thanks for the help!

SP

LIST:
Optiver
Group 1
Liquid Capital
Tibra
IMC Capital

Being a graduate is no recommendation imho

good traders are naturals like bike riders, surfers etc etc

I think you misunderstood me, its just a compilation of firms that wish to hire graduates, as they generally state min. requirements 2.1 Bachelor UK Uni Degree etc.etc. Its more of a list to help other fellow graduates like myself, who will be graduating and will have to look for work.

You should do pretty well with those firms, as 'How many times can you say the word graduate or a derivative in one sentence?' is a standard question in the assessments.

The trading scene seems to be popular with dropouts, mavericks, greedy couch potatoes, final frontiersmen ( along with spacemen ) etc. etc. and oh yes a grad or two I expect
:smart:

Hm.. From what I read about amplify, it doesn't seem like we have to enroll in some sort of course first, which we have to pay for. So for now I won't add that to the list. Had a look at STA, Futex and those seem fine. But can't seem to find the site for MET traders.

Will update the list when I can find the edit post button...

not really arabian, the content is pretty childish. If you're really bored it's worth a watch, if only for the two pump and dump texan barrow boys in season 2.

Hi all, I am not a grad but would like to enquire if the FRM certification would be considered for a career as a prop trader?

And is the course beneficial to someone who is interested to become a trader?

Thank you :)

Hi all, I am not a grad but would like to enquire if the FRM certification would be considered for a career as a prop trader?

And is the course beneficial to someone who is interested to become a trader?

Thank you :)

Never heard of a FRM - so just perfect for trading imho

:cool: