Best Thread Correlation Trading - Basic Ideas and Strategies

ok, attached is my "pairs" indicator. . .

Jedster thanks for your code contributions and even more, thanks for sharing.

edit. Last FXCORRELATOR_8020 doesn´t appear in my screen . . . don´t know why . . .

edit(2) opps, sorry, don´t realized about suffix issue :innocent: it works fine now

Attachments

• [EURGBP,H1]_2013-02-06_07-57-06.png
    [EURGBP,H1]_2013-02-06_07-57-06.png
    100.7 KB · Views: 165
Last edited:
Jedster thanks for your code contributions and even more, thanks for sharing.

edit. Last FXCORRELATOR_8020 doesn´t appear in my screen . . . don´t know why . . .

edit(2) opps, sorry, don´t realized about suffix issue :innocent: it works fine now

Hello Jusiur,

On your chart there is a candle time Indicator (Displaying 4:01). Can you please post it here - as the one I have displays miles below the current bar.

Thanks
Adil

I familiar with loading indicators into my criminal's system in this case OANDA and
placing them on the right chart. Howeve, I can detect absolutely no difference between NVP's FXCorrelator 20-1 and your version - which means I must have overlooked something blindingly obvious. Or the perverse MT4 is being tedious as usual?
Very grateful for your comment or assistance.
Regards,
Hamish.

Hi Hamish,

The only difference in that version was the addition of the TimeFrame property. The default is zero, which means no difference from normal. Change it to the timeframe (in minutes) for what you want to see. So, drag it onto a 15M chart and change the property to be 60 (for 1H) for 240 (for 4H).

J

Jedster, i notice you are using a delta of 3. Is this because you find it works better if you are just looking for crosses?

hey all .......

frustrating on the 15m today......lovely Dow dive but hard work !

Euro sells was best bet but hardly enough to retire on....:cool:

later
N

Attachments

• frustrating.jpg
    frustrating.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 111
hey all......

always plenty in the attic on this "ole" thread ..........guys take a look here ......some interesting triple Timeframe/MA indicators were being offered in 2011.....thanks to djenky who also built me some wicked personal indicators at that time .....

so take a look at the action before and after this post below .......plenty of interesting stuff there....

N

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/for...g-basic-ideas-strategies-964.html#post1606784

if you do get the Strengthmeter bug...... I do (seriously) recommend a trawl through my whole Thread here......there has been a lot of Free indicators and discussions over the years with some very good traders contributing....

N

Jedster, i notice you are using a delta of 3. Is this because you find it works better if you are just looking for crosses?
I just prefer it because it is a little smoother. This means on a 15M chart it generates less crosses. I suspect on a higher timeframe it wouldn't make too much difference.

Note that I'm not advocating that a cross means you should just mechanically enter a trade. The cross just means there is a potential trade and you would need to look at other factors.

J

if you do get the Strengthmeter bug...... I do (seriously) recommend a trawl through my whole Thread here......there has been a lot of Free indicators and discussions over the years with some very good traders contributing....

N

Yes, I have been meaning to do that, I am sure there is a lot of value in the earlier posts. However if I'm honest, working through 10,000+ posts does kind of put me off some what...

Hi Hamish,

The only difference in that version was the addition of the TimeFrame property. The default is zero, which means no difference from normal. Change it to the timeframe (in minutes) for what you want to see. So, drag it onto a 15M chart and change the property to be 60 (for 1H) for 240 (for 4H).

J

:idea: Many thanks...!

Yes, I have been meaning to do that, I am sure there is a lot of value in the earlier posts. However if I'm honest, working through 10,000+ posts does kind of put me off some what...

yep agreed........does for me as well ;)

mornin all............

heres the 1hr this week ........the Dow & YEN & USD signals on the default 20 ma are going ok .......in truth the second arrow shown is where the USD didnt get below the Zero .....but I ignored it for various reasons as the U/J differential was enough for me to trade the dudes (!??).....and we are in one again now (Dow > 20sma , YEN & USD below Zero line)......

but boyoboy has the Dow got to work hard to crack the 14,000 this week

hmmmm
N

Attachments

• 3 trades on the 1 hr this week.jpg
    3 trades on the 1 hr this week.jpg
    116.6 KB · Views: 135
Crikey, what happened today? I went for lunch and when I get back, EURJPY has dropped 300 points
and EURUSD has dropped close to 200! What did Draghi say?

EUSSR/EURWOE still has, quote Druggie, "risk to the downside" and, "No, I didn't fiddle MontiPython bank. Honest guv. " Allegedly.
"And so are they all honourable men..." with apologies to Mark Anthony, "Julius Caesar" The Great Bard.
Just the excuse the EURJPY needed to re-balance the boat which was a very over-crowded trade with a very serious list to starboard, Cap'n. Lots of juicy stop-running there, too.
Jedster's MultiTF Correlator showed price action in glorious technicolour. I demo-traded it o/n when things were quiet... caught all the moves as they happened.
Thank-you Jedster, thank-you NVP.
Trade canny,
Hamish.

hey all

yes oh yes did we have some fun today .........and do we see the Yen finally
tippytoeing into positive territory o n the left side 4h TF 20/3 ma ?

pity those people and their 1 dimensional paircharts ! ;)

N

Attachments

• big move.jpg
    big move.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 171
well well.........the yen worm is indeed turning !

more Yen pushes north overnight off of flat Equities .....and on the left chart (20/3 4Hr) we see the 2 week holiday south of the Zero for Yen seems over .....

N

Attachments

• Yen strengthening.jpg
    Yen strengthening.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 144
heres the 1hr week 20/1 setting with matching 20sma on the Dow......

The Arrows show where the Dow demonstrated a meaninful bias signal up or down .......the ticks and crosses show the fortunes of the YEN and USD in trying to be on the same side of the Zero.....

WARNING - on these default settings - If you do try to combine Dow correlation to the YenUSD combo rule you will always see some leading and lagging..it comes with the territory and must be applied subjectively....

as I have shown here for nearly 4 years ......there is merit in considering the simple rules I present regarding the Yen/USD pattern combined (or not) with correlating Equity signals.....a few pips always on the cards if you stick to some simple rules

I never run endless backtesting models to prove how trading signal history can be manipulated....I always live 100% in the current and trade what I see at the time.....automated trading has its uses but I am not a slave to it ......opinions do vary but they are mine for what they are worth....

whether it is Strengthmeters and Correlation or using whatever tools you want to use in this vast world of Trading indicators and methodologies ....chose your weapons and get involved .....you will never evolve as a trader unless you join the fray......!

N

Attachments

• the week.jpg
    the week.jpg
    107.8 KB · Views: 146
Heres Gold ...2 charts on 4hr and 1 hr

see my links in sig area below for more details........

people make a fundamental error when talking Gold...99% of the time they are not talking the PURE Gold price .............they are talking about Gold priced in USD (XAUUSD)....there is a huge fundamental difference in those statements and why most people misunderstand Gold Markets !

(and dare I say the same as people misunderstand Paircharts in forex markets ?)

I wont go on......read the link below and my sig area links for my Goldmeter and you will get a flavour of what I do and how I trade Gold.......

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/commodities/157250-fxcorrelator_goldmeter.html

and feel free to ask questions here or on the goldmeter thread .......

N

Attachments

• goldmeter.jpg
    goldmeter.jpg
    117.3 KB · Views: 157
Last edited:
hey all......

well the 15m is back all square after the Yen push.......today could do really do anything so trade what you see.........

n

Attachments

• yen bullish.jpg
    yen bullish.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 117
hi all.....

sorry re absence ofcomments ...........I've grabbed a few days at a favourite Hotel with my wife.....

back in the action tomorrow afternoon...
N