Best Thread Correlation Trading - Basic Ideas and Strategies

here we are again .........jees i love technology

ok this looks better ........early trading signals were good ....then the Yen was massively strong during the day and really upset things...............

jees I preferred the first charts.....hahahahahaha

later
N

Attachments

• tough afternoon.jpg
    tough afternoon.jpg
    107.1 KB · Views: 157
What I didn't say, was that I am trading binary options! I was bounced out on EURUSD and GBPUSD -but a coconut for EURJPY.

I was interested in using BO as a hedge against 'spot' and 'normal' single pairtrading in the days before I discovered correlations! NVP and Jedster have convinced me that the latter is a very good 'edge' to use in BO trading as well.

It is just foolish to trade during dull periods. Now I am going to wait for NY and DIA for clearer indication. I would trade the Asian hours 0200GMT (less 'noise') but my broker doesn't make prices on FX during those hours - yet.

Jedster - I owe you several pints. I expect to be next in London some time in the next two weeks. I hope we can RV at the Lamb for the traditional City session and a good natter? I speak comprehensible English!
Anyone else interested?

Trade canny,

Hamish.
Sure, let us know when you are around and if it works out we can meet up.

hey all

well well.....on the right 15m TF (20/1) the yen is fighting back overnight......again you had to ignore the behaviour of the USD as it was trampled in the action.....but Dow was selling.....

jees I might start trading U/J again if this continues ......

on the left side I see the longest running buys and sells are NZD and GBP respectively .....but you can see the volatility of the G8 is a little lighter than the last move .....What i mean by that is that the power of those current divergences has not reached the distances of the last few moves....

later...playing with some Screencasting stuff today
N

Attachments

• tuesdays action.jpg
    tuesdays action.jpg
    114.8 KB · Views: 124
Last edited:
playing with something called Screenleap today ......very interesting .....very interesting

N

still hanging in there on Euro buys 15m TF...........USD and Yen offering opportunities , and indeed Sterling (although I tend to only trade USD and Yen pairs)

N

there goes the neighbourhood........looks like i'll not be affording a holiday abroad later this year

E/G buyers cant believe their luck today

N

Attachments

• bye bye sterling.jpg
    bye bye sterling.jpg
    108.7 KB · Views: 153
still

Euro buys on Yen and USD have been solid for a while now so no complaints from me

N

more doom on GBP.........and happier selling it off a falling Dow now ....

N

Attachments

• sterling dumps.jpg
    sterling dumps.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 165
4hr left chart (20/3) & 15mTF fast chart right (20/1)

hard work overnight..........NZD rocking........its a nice place for traders to tuck their buys sometimes when they are not sure about the bigger currencies......

GBP just getting worse and worse ...........and worse (n)

Rule Britannia ? :eek:
N

Attachments

• hard work.jpg
    hard work.jpg
    108.8 KB · Views: 179
wow .......

heres the 20ma delta 3 setting on the 4hr chart .......look at the RED GBP ....the first Currency to seriously fall to the levels Yen has been consistently doing in 2013 so far....

ominous indeed .....and me without any Euros bought for a holiday in May ......:rolleyes:

N

Attachments

• gbp hits yens lows.jpg
    gbp hits yens lows.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 538
although the correlation was all with selling Euro today in the morning session..........as Dow fell below its 20sma and the USD and Yen got above the Zero

Easy peasy !..... (well for us correlators anyway (y))

then it got a little messier this afternoon and sadly the Euro and GBP could not break above the Yen off a rising Dow .....shame....and only the bravest would have bought them into USD .....

N

Attachments

• euro the sell today.jpg
    euro the sell today.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 303
mornin all...........

ok the Yen got real big overnight.........Dow falling

some nice trades as long as we forget that USD:love:and YEN:love: used to be in love and walk a path together (sob :()...RIP

N

Attachments

• yen fights back.jpg
    yen fights back.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 111
The secret to trading is to always be flexible and pragmatic to changing dynamics in the Market .......thats why a lot of systems and Traders fail in the long term

adapt or die .....;)
N

if you were trading the PURE 20ma system (see my signature links) boyoboy the week was slim pickins !:cool:

see the Tick ...a couple of falsies as well but that was the only decent hit .....

overall the week saw decent volatility first few days but certainly not to the patterns that my basic PURE system here likes (YEN and USD moving together and opposing the Dow).......so to make money you have to step outside the box a bit and start to embrace the many many other profitable patterns that Strengthmeter dynamics offer .....and also correlation to other markets like the Dow/Equities

This humble thread showcases the possibilities of using strengthmeters for profitable Forex trading.........look around the global Trading forums and tell me what else does day in day out ......we walk a fairly unique path here and you are all very very welcome to join us here ........(and believe me I am luckt to have many many followers now) ! (y)

N

Attachments

• minimal signals for the purist.jpg
    minimal signals for the purist.jpg
    109.1 KB · Views: 136
trying to get a feel for today ......

left X-men are on a 1ma for the Week so it shows the relative moves ......and the right is on a 200ma to show me some granularity

hmmmm

Net flattish for the Dow really so I cannot comment on friday closeouts.....all I will say is that the NZD has had a great week so watch out for some profit taking ...and vice versa for the GBP .....awful week for us Brits...... :confused:

later
N

Attachments

• the week.jpg
    the week.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 211
OK later on I am going to try to screencast my standard Default charts.........just testing it

it will last for about 2 hours as thats all the free demo offers me but at least if you have never seen what I see or tried to load them (and failed ?)...you are gonna see them finally

probably from US opening and I will simply provide a link here and I think by clicking it .....it drops you into seeing one of my trading screens

the software is called Screenleap and I think me and it are gonna be great friends going forward ....!

so later !!!
N

this is what I plan to screencast live for 2 hours......3 TF charts on my default system available free here ...........if I get a chance I will also add comments live ..depends on what else is going on

later
N

Attachments

• live broadcast.jpg
    live broadcast.jpg
    119 KB · Views: 212
those 3 screens showing mainly some sell opportunities so far this morning on the Euro and GBP....

N

Attachments

• 3 screen action.jpg
    3 screen action.jpg
    118.5 KB · Views: 196