Best Thread Correlation Trading - Basic Ideas and Strategies

I do wish I had my long term and trusted IT/Business partner alongside me again but Sylvie has been very very ill ......and recovery is taking a long long time

my VIP crew got to know sylvie last year so thanks again for all the kind messages

best Wishes Sylvie and rest rest rest......nothing is more important than health...

N

tied up this weekend .........I'm taking my mother in law around a few retirement homes.....sobers you up and makes you realise you have to make every day count until the limbs start to weary

still at the tender age of 25 I have a few years left in me

(I never could count)
N

hey all

heres a Daily on a 20ma delta 3..........I'm just relecting on the Dream pair of the last 6 months or so

look at the YELLOW Yen line.......it hasnt been north of the Zero in many a moon.....jees its southern Visa must be expiring soon ?

and then pairing it up with the BLUE Euro line - that really should never have been North of the Zero border as much as it deserved ......

but forget "EXPERT" predictions, conjecture , opinion and Rumour ........only the market knows what it is going to do ....:cool:

so always find a good way of looking at the market ....and then trade what you see......until then you are going to be wandering in the dark (but we all have to do it to learn ;)).... !

after being involved in trading since the 1980's.... I finally started to get my act together and got my own approach from the early 2000's.... and have never really looked back since ....:smart:

have a good day
N

Attachments

• the heavenly EJ trades.jpg
    the heavenly EJ trades.jpg
    115.6 KB · Views: 182
for anyone interested I am going to fire up a new Website soon as I'm sick of arguing with the webproviders on the FXcorrelator site .....jees and I thought blackmail was illegal in most US states :cool:

watch this space
N

mornin all........

heres the day so far.......lets sit back a little until things get moving .........Yen came south again friday.....jees that currency loves below the Zero....

we also may play a little more on the Screencast stuff later tonight tomorrow as I develop that idea .....its very early days so bear with me .....:cool:

have a good day
N

Attachments

• new week.jpg
    new week.jpg
    124.2 KB · Views: 129
hey all

busy today....will fire up a little screenleap action later tonight.........

N

and if youv'e followed me at times here on the shorter term trading action I am in and out like a flash if I dont like the situation..........I am a "mercenary guerilla"

later
N

hey all

sorry it was a little light yesterday.....alongside a busy workday I was trying to finalise the purchase of a retirement property for my mother-in-law whilst arguing with Aviva on the rediculous penalties being imposed on an equity release scheme .....

so heres some advice

1) Dont get old
2) Dont borrow money from anyone - no matter how many sweets they promise you

3) Dont be soft and help people out - It diverts you away from whatever you really want to be doing in life .......

I'm kidding a little with 3 and naturally I am as soft as a bag of marshmellows if people genuinely need my time , help or advice ..........but interestingly if you asked me what seperates the truly "sucessful" and wealthy people in life vs the rest its number 3 .......

you dont become rich or a "winner" by focusing on others peoples ideas and plans they need help with....focus on you (and borrow in others help/advice as opposed to being borrowed yourself)

I have a thread knocking about called "winners win" here at T2W...so go have a look........and adjust your lifestyle accordingly if you truly want to be rich and successful at all costs ......

then step back one day and ask yourself was it worth it ?.......probably not ....

N

Last edited:
heres the action .....tightish ranging on the Dow off of yesterdays US holiday .....lets see what the day brings ........

CAD was a sell at one point and indeed the NZD overnight.....but in truth my own bespoke systems for the 15m TF gave zero signals yesterday as G8 volatility never got to the required levels at all.......and I still await sufficient volatility increases this morning to get me in the game

later - sadly again busy busy busy but I may be able to load up the screencast later for 2 hours of live signals

N

Attachments

• tight range.jpg
    tight range.jpg
    119.2 KB · Views: 142
Last edited:
jees like pulling teeth today ........dow just bounced north and perhaps a few European buys warming up ....

nothing yet though really
N

Attachments

• slooooooow.jpg
    slooooooow.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 121
still slow..........a few pips on the GBP sells .......

we need some Dow power and the opening bell......

N

Attachments

• sloooow.jpg
    sloooow.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 122
hey all

2 hours Screentime now Free online by clicking in here ......

a 15m TF on the left
a 5m TF on the right

Viewing screen share 308660219 | Screenleap

and ive removed the CHF , CAD and NZD to make things easier ....remember normal 20ma default rules apply......good hunting

if you want to simplify signals forget the Dow.... just trade the GBP Euro or the AUD if any of them go on the opposite side of the zero to the YEN and USD (that must remain be on the same side).....trading those pairings

the Red GBP was a peach sell earlier on both TF's and was a nice sell on G/U or G/J (y)

N

Last edited:
remember on the 5 mins its lightening fast .....something like an E/U trade (if signalled) is looking for 5-8 pips tops in profit and then take the money ............dont stay standing in the road for the extra pips that may come along ...you'll get run over .....

N

poss trade coming ...........euro is my bet

Attachments

• poss trade coming.PNG
    poss trade coming.PNG
    581.9 KB · Views: 135
ok ive adjusted the screen to just show 5 min TF as at least its interesting

notice the GBP and Euro went north as YEN and USD dumped below the zero ....thats 5-8 pips already in the bank.........

so yes it instantly changed 180 degrees on my thoughts in last post ......

welcome to trading !!
N

Attachments

• scalping 101 on the fxcorrelator.PNG
    scalping 101 on the fxcorrelator.PNG
    506.7 KB · Views: 151
ok - 5 min charts on the 2 paircharts on the right as well now ....good scalping ....

later
N

so.........once you've had your scalp......do you stay and re-enter for more cake or wait until some zero crossovers reset the system and you can trade fresh again ?

up to you compardres .....up to you .........:cool:

N

Attachments

• keep chasing or not.PNG
    keep chasing or not.PNG
    434.3 KB · Views: 129
hey all

2 hours Screentime now Free online by clicking in here ......

a 15m TF on the left
a 5m TF on the right

Viewing screen share 308660219 | Screenleap

and ive removed the CHF , CAD and NZD to make things easier ....remember normal 20ma default rules apply......good hunting

if you want to simplify signals forget the Dow.... just trade the GBP Euro or the AUD if any of them go on the opposite side of the zero to the YEN and USD (that must remain be on the same side).....trading those pairings

the Red GBP was a peach sell earlier on both TF's and was a nice sell on G/U or G/J (y)

N

remember its all happening online here for free...take a look (y)

N

hey all

well that 2 hour screenleap free window will close on us soon .............heres a few ticks and crosses where I would have considered trading.........

this is simply ignoring the Dow and focusing on getting :-

1) a nice diverging signal from both YEN and USD (same direction)
2) a nice diverging / opposing signal from Euro or GBP.....(poss AUD)

so a couple but nothing serious today ............you would have had a fair chance of making money though scalping this system today in last 2 hours or so...:smart:

simple simple simple ........

later
N

Attachments

• only a few signals are worth trading.PNG
    only a few signals are worth trading.PNG
    480.7 KB · Views: 132