Best Thread Correlation Trading - Basic Ideas and Strategies

shakespeare515

134 6
good questions .....

very interesting approach.. the market can be traded in many ways. infinite number of strategies have been built on these markets. You seem to have found a great trading style that works for you. That is pretty cool of you to have this thread that you have been diligently updating for years it looks like.. What a great resource you are providing your readers. kudos.

Best regards,
Sam

NVP

Legendary member
37,787 2,112
very interesting approach.. the market can be traded in many ways. infinite number of strategies have been built on these markets. You seem to have found a great trading style that works for you. That is pretty cool of you to have this thread that you have been diligently updating for years it looks like.. What a great resource you are providing your readers. kudos.

Best regards,
Sam

Thanks Sam - appreciated ;)

As you are probably aware from your own experience and background the "secret" in Trading is to find an edge that you trust 1000% that also fits your own personality and style...

and then Trade it .........with no qualms or doubts or hesitation....Trade it

the so called "secret" is in front of everyone who wants to be a sucessful Trader .....but 95% will never get there and achieve that goal

respect back :smart:
N

NVP

Legendary member
37,787 2,112
hey all

hmmm.......I had to come into work early for some meetings so I didnt get to my charts

perhaps later .......and I need to load something on that new Thread I have started here

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/forex/179468-forex-strengthmeters-basics.html

it will be stripped back to where it all started for me 10-11 years ago (the memory is faint.... !)

and I will go back to basics for the many Newbies who have contacted me over the years to understand from scratch how a strngthmeter works and how to build some simple strategies

this weekend
N

Last edited:

elisab

266 4
The purchase of Tbond is going on and the selling of emerging currencies too..this behavior is quite different respect to the one of May to September.

NVP

Legendary member
37,787 2,112
The purchase of Tbond is going on and the selling of emerging currencies too..this behavior is quite different respect to the one of May to September.

hmmm - so how are you trading it ?

N

NVP

Legendary member
37,787 2,112
hey all

i'm trying to get to the London moneyshow in november (8-10th).....probably the saturday ...I just need to score points with the wife first.........

N

NVP

Legendary member
37,787 2,112
hey all

finally got home ...........a 2 minute peek tells me the convergence phase continued all week (left chart)....

good week for selling the AUD and the NZD..........nice buys on GBP and the Yen

Yen was the play I called from early doors this week .....USD sat on the fence

one of the nicer moves was therefore a bear sell on NZDJPY right chart

N

Attachments

• the week.jpg
    the week.jpg
    124.9 KB · Views: 258

NVP

Legendary member
37,787 2,112
hey all

I am becoming aware that the weekly 1ma chart shown this week looks a little wierd....

hmmmm let me take a look at my VPS indicators to ensure I have the correct versions on it ....I have been playing with loads and loads of versions (as usual)..........

may need to refer to the Jedster***....... yes i'll blame him....it must be all his fault ....!!!

cheers
N

** some say he wears his trousers backwards .......some say the words he utters are from an ancient druid trading language only spoken by Wizards ........we just know him as..THE JEDSTER

Last edited:

NVP

Legendary member
37,787 2,112
hey all ......well here we are again ....new week

early days on the charts ..........so not much to comment on really......Dow is below its 20ma on both daily and weekly charts so I am interested in chasing any Yen and or USD bull moves (in the absence of any other obvious economic news/moves) ....as I did last week on the Yen sucessfully

later
N

Attachments

• week starting 30th sep 13.JPG
    week starting 30th sep 13.JPG
    102.4 KB · Views: 474

NVP

Legendary member
37,787 2,112
headline in the FT today

jees .....will we ever learn ?

N

Attachments

• FT.JPG
    FT.JPG
    44.2 KB · Views: 219

NVP

Legendary member
37,787 2,112
Hey everyone - feel free to browse the posts and attachments below and use the Free resources available

The FXCorrelator - My Basic Indicator & simple system PDF
http://www.trade2win.com/boards/for...-basic-ideas-strategies-1460.html#post2172856

The FXCorrelator_Goldmeter (measures Gold in relative terms to other currencies - nice system ! ):-
http://www.trade2win.com/boards/for...-basic-ideas-strategies-1202.html#post1960456

Trading Exotics (allows you to add other currencies into the mix) :-
http://www.trade2win.com/boards/for...-basic-ideas-strategies-1204.html#post1962866

The FXCorrelator indicator - simple description (See attachment below)

What is Correlation ? - (See attachment below)

If you are unsure or have queries about any of these free resources - please post questions on my threads here at Trade2Win ....or alternatively please contact me at [email protected]

(Note that I do have an FXCorrelator website but it is currently undergoing some upgrades due to server issues)

Attachments

• the FXcorrelator.docx
    32.8 KB · Views: 1,943
  • Disclaimer.docx
    18.6 KB · Views: 642
  • What is correlation.docx
    27.6 KB · Views: 1,015
Last edited:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock