Best Thread Correlation Trading - Basic Ideas and Strategies

on the scalping side the usd recently hit the weeks high so I have to say i'm anticipating some sells now

hey all

I just noticed I hit the 900,000 view marker ....................thanks to everyone who has followed me in this journey and looking forward to the future.............i'm still a beginner (we are all eternal students) ...........and always willing to learn and share

cheers
N

Attachments

• 900000 and counting.JPG
    900000 and counting.JPG
    110 KB · Views: 185
on the scalping side the usd recently hit the weeks high so I have to say i'm anticipating some sells now

yep .........the usd sold from around 6.30 am to 10.45 ish........its currently really pushing hard and going north now again on a 60% retrace vs days high

Last edited:
hey all

I just noticed I hit the 900,000 view marker ....................thanks to everyone who has followed me in this journey and looking forward to the future.............i'm still a beginner (we are all eternal students) ...........and always willing to learn and share

cheers
N

Well Done N

We are all beginners of the never ending Forex Journey

I have been told it gets a lot easier after 20 years of trading - but only if you are an intraday trader(y)

Regards

F

Ever since early am when the news was out Germany by definition was not in a recession - then you got the feeling - the EU would be going higher

The crafty bar stewards played the game of getting more bears in under 2440 etc and now we are up 100 pips + at 2540

Nice way to finish the week ;-))

Hi N

I just hope from after 3 00 pm you have been buying the EU / AU / GU etc and selling the Swissy and UCad

If so - you will have had your best day for ages ;-)

EU up now 120 pips from 2 50 -3 00 pm time

All the best

F

Hi N

I just hope from after 3 00 pm you have been buying the EU / AU / GU etc and selling the Swissy and UCad

If so - you will have had your best day for ages ;-)

EU up now 120 pips from 2 50 -3 00 pm time

All the best

F

nope.......missed the damn lot ...........grrrrrrrrrrr

Well Done N

We are all beginners of the never ending Forex Journey

I have been told it gets a lot easier after 20 years of trading - but only if you are an intraday trader(y)

Regards

F

about 5 years left then in my apprenticeship......

look F .............if I trade 800,000 times a day with negligible spreads I cant lose ?

http://online.wsj.com/public/resources/documents/VirtuOverview.pdf

Morning N

First question here ........ do they do a $99 or an expensive $299 bot version - lol

Going to have to read that report a couple of times to get my head all around it - but fascinating stuff - with incredible results (y)

Only one losing day in 1278 trading days makes me realise I am rubbish lol

Win stats are so similar to what I have seen over my 16k + trades - ie pure proper clear wins just over 52% - but with break even minor gains approx 25% and proper losses 23% - I have had batches of 100 trades with 87% win ratio ( counting scratch results ) and then bad results of only 61/2% win ratio on 100 trades when maybe even 15% of those wins have been just over break even.

But their key is the diminishing rate of losses based on the high number of trades they get out - although I think over 100k of trades a day and as high a 800k is a bit of over trading ( rofl )

My model basically says as long as I can do over 15 -20 trades in the main 12 hrs of the 24 hr day - I should not lose - but as the advantage over HFT of leaving trades on at lower stake size with stops in profit - that is the cream on the cake ;)

Thinking about it - say 16 trades - 8+ should make over 5 pips and out of those with stakes left on maybe 20% go on to over 25 pips or more ( like yesterday afternoon - cracker). The other 7 or 8 trades - half will be scatch - minus 1 pip or 1 pip win and then 1 -4 losses of under 5 pips.

So typical F model - 8 -10 wins of total - 40 to 200+ pips ( all pips over say 80 would be on lower stake sizes with stops already in profit ) - 1 to 4 losses of 5 to maximum 20 pips - and then a few trades of scratch wins.

Results - an exceptional poor day with 16 trades - maybe only 20 pips - with say over 4 losses and no real good scalps and no good 30% trades

Average day - easy over 50 pips - maybe 60 - 90 pips counting the 30% stuff in the double count ( ie 12 pip scalp and 32 pip on 30% then 12 pips double counted )

Good day - 120 -400 pips - but might need over 16 trades - say up to 25 and less than 3 or 4 losses

Thats my model - not in same league as Virtu - but there again not spent multi millions developing it

If it Ok with you would like to borrow some of the info off the report to copy onto my other thread - as an example of a HFT model

Cheers - all the best - maybe only go for a 1000 trades on Monday for a start :)

Regards

F

take what you want F....I got it from another link anyway myself .........

hey all

been a little tied up today ............I note that the USD had a bear start to the week but thenturned around 3am north................chugged along till 10.30ish and has been net bear since ...........................I would be scalping sells on USD if I was active

may get in saddle later

N

hey all

jees sorry but I have been a little awol these last few days on various errands ........job interviews ,sorting out cars, and now playing Florence nightingale to my mother in law bless her who is under the weather ...............my wife is in Germany on business so muggins puts on the nurses outfit and goes plays nursemaid in the retirement home

will try to get to table later this week ......ive also been reading up a lot on forexperians excellent threads here (again) and will be applying the principles to what I do already

I have to say I do like those LR indicators ..........they are very similar to some bespoke envelope indicators I have created over the years........they are good ..........and very useful

later
N

morning all

tied up still today ..........meanwhile the usd has gone north in Asian session and is still just above weeks high.....its retracing at present so in next hour or so we will see what it really wants to do next
N

morning all

usd is a powerbull this week and still going ..............follow the green north

N

Attachments

• usd bull.JPG
    usd bull.JPG
    102.7 KB · Views: 180
usd on lower TF's has been actually a bear now since around 9.30 am ..5 selling waves of approx. 10- 15 mins each since then

N

hey all

apologies but again other matters have dragged me from the charts ...........I see that after some early falls the usd had a great Asian session overnight through to London session.........then following the challenge to weekly highs its taken a tumble more recently

scalpwise the usd is definitely looking north so lets see if that builds

later
N

technically looking at USD scalp buys since 13.50pm........gbp has been the best pairing to support this ...........Cad not bad ....even NZD eventually........

EUR has been a dog

N

morning all

i'm out later again ........chores and interviews..

g8 opens pretty quietly today ...........look at that volatility (divergence) on the 1hr fxcorrelator below ..................Friday rocked so the hangover (convergence) is still hanging around!)

green usd so far today is flattish........we need to see some signals ..........my bet is falls ......its been on steroids now for a while and well...markets always cycle.....(??)

(all my indicators are available Free below in links area)

N

Attachments

• scrappy start.JPG
    scrappy start.JPG
    91 KB · Views: 1,150
jees usd signals north and divergence back in market ..............buckle up !

N

Attachments

• usd bull.JPG
    usd bull.JPG
    96.4 KB · Views: 216
2 20pm approx

Hi N

Will not have to work past 5 00 pm on this slow Monday.

Despite all the tricks we have seen - mainly on EU and GU - I am well over my target by the start of the US session

Main earner - as probably best intraday pair for me as been the EJ

After that the GU as been good for me and then the EU - after giving me 3 bad scalps during the last 6 hrs - I have come out positive on the pair once we stayed above 2400 and touched 2423.

Dont know whether you have been around or not - but "Trick Monday" as not been able to catch this old timer out - lol

Regards

F