Best Thread Correlation Trading - Basic Ideas and Strategies

ever wondered what the usd does following London opens ?

I always watch to see what the overnight action is doing into London opening

look at that bounce/screamer last Thursday ..more please of that !

N

Attachments

• 7am london usd moves.JPG
    7am london usd moves.JPG
    126.5 KB · Views: 479
ok until tomorrow all.............xmas decs to put up ............ZZZZZZZZ

looking forward ..........it wouldn't surprise me if we see a little selling off of the USD .......especially as they've been on holiday and the morning coffee will need a day to kick in .......

or not ?

N

morning all

heres that new free usd index I loaded yesterday and available below in the links area

usd is still showing bull signs.........I thought it might take more of a tumble through the Asians .......

hang fire ..

N

Attachments

• usd flat.JPG
    usd flat.JPG
    72.2 KB · Views: 350
heres the up front 5 min focus .........they are the Zones where i'm looking to trade the usd

N

Attachments

• usd Zones.JPG
    usd Zones.JPG
    121.3 KB · Views: 331
heres the latest 1 min on the USD index ...........lets see what comes up in next period

I will look to scalp extensions or retraces of the usd when in the zones shown ............I will then chose suitable currency pair partners for the usd when those opportunites arise

a few calls as well to make so will post back alter

N

Attachments

• trading the 1min zone.JPG
    trading the 1min zone.JPG
    136.9 KB · Views: 266
wow that was quick ..did you see it ?

jees it was quick and UJ was THE scalp ............but you get the idea......

that was a fast call and only 1 currency responded ........so pretty advanced ..........they are normally easier than that

N

Attachments

• trade.JPG
    trade.JPG
    111.4 KB · Views: 277
  • uj scalp.JPG
    uj scalp.JPG
    29.3 KB · Views: 252
and heres the second almost immediate breach of that 1min zone ........SELL SELL SELL usd pairs !!

ie this means Selling the USD in the usdpair chosen

later
N

Attachments

• breaches of the Zone.JPG
    breaches of the Zone.JPG
    89.7 KB · Views: 343
morning all

heres that new free usd index I loaded yesterday and available below in the links area

usd is still showing bull signs.........I thought it might take more of a tumble through the Asians .......

hang fire ..

N

so now it sells !!.......(y)(y)

Attachments

• usd falls.JPG
    usd falls.JPG
    68.4 KB · Views: 230
later all .............I hope this is all of interest ............I've been researching and trading forex Strengthmeters and currency indexes for nearly 15 years...........always happy to share here what I can ..........

N

not been a bad run selling usd so far ........heres the usd index on 5min and a 200ma FXCorrelator above to show who else moved

whilst the green lower chart shows usd sells ...........the GU buys looks like the best performer...............see how much rising the red GBP line has done vs others?

later
N

Attachments

• usd sells.JPG
    usd sells.JPG
    61.7 KB · Views: 210
usd is playing ROUGH today

by this I mean conditions can be much more favourable to trading .......................look at last week........absolutely superb conditions (strangely)......this is what USD can offer playing nice

sigh

N

Attachments

• nice 2.JPG
    nice 2.JPG
    70.3 KB · Views: 169
  • nice 1.JPG
    nice 1.JPG
    67 KB · Views: 140
usd selling again nicely and now breaching days lows .........plenty of pips around on the Europeans ...like GU below

N

Attachments

• usd still selling.JPG
    usd still selling.JPG
    69.3 KB · Views: 153
looking forward ..........it wouldn't surprise me if we see a little selling off of the USD .......especially as they've been on holiday and the morning coffee will need a day to kick in .......

or not ?

N

usd Monday bear action going better than I thought ........more coffee needed for the greenback it seems !!! (y)

N

Attachments

• usd sells.JPG
    usd sells.JPG
    64.9 KB · Views: 162
ok heres last week..........

Fridays lows now hit for usd index

bounce or no bounce ?

N

Attachments

• usd bounce.JPG
    usd bounce.JPG
    116.4 KB · Views: 165
well the answer to above was .........not really....usd is battling lower slowly..... !

seriously I hope you can all see how my usd index helps me keep sharp and informed regarding trading usd pairs ...........

today it has been all about looking for opportunities to short the usd in the pairings ..........look back at all your usd pair charts for today.............

it has been tough to trade :-

sells on the EU/GU/NA/AU
Buys on the UCAD / UCHF / UJPY

right ? (sure there were chances but not much)

look at the EU below ............where the hell would have it been wise to even contemplate selling that pair ? :cool:

that to me is what we really mean re going with the flow in forex !!!! (y)

later

N

Attachments

• usd is bear tofday.JPG
    usd is bear tofday.JPG
    74.8 KB · Views: 162
Last edited:
http://www.trade2win.com/boards/dis...ert-retail-forex-trader-4583.html#post2444278

the eu above link was not the play today ..............look at the GBP index below .......chart 1 vs the euro index chart 2 ...........now that's a better play into the green usd index ...... right ? .......

GBPUSD has delivered muchos more pips than the EURUSD today .....right ?

however even if you are a diehard EU trader the gameplan was attack EU buy opportunities when usd showed weakness .............hard to go wrong today then

N

Attachments

• gbp index.JPG
    gbp index.JPG
    62.2 KB · Views: 174
  • correlation.JPG
    correlation.JPG
    66 KB · Views: 157
Last edited:
morning all

ok straight to the usd index using the free indicator I provide as a link in my signature area below...

1) the USD bounced around Fridays low in early Asian session ........its now retracing and is around 38% vs high

2) we have a resistance level due soon (See chart)...........gotta be some big activity there I suspect so don't expect a smooth rise thru this point

3) wait for that event/action to make further decisions on usd direction.......don't chase the current move as its very much already in play

N

Attachments

• todays usd action.JPG
    todays usd action.JPG
    80.8 KB · Views: 146
Last edited:
see this chart for an update

I forgot to refresh and update charts :eek:so in fact the usd got below Fridays low ...........all else stands though as comments

apologies

N

Attachments

• update.JPG
    update.JPG
    75.7 KB · Views: 131
still a lot of welly still coming from that recent usd bull run ...........nice pips on most usd pairs .........yen a little light as they are now running together north

stay on usd bull re scalping ...........its got to retrace soon though

N