Best Thread Correlation Trading - Basic Ideas and Strategies

hey all - apologies but I have been busy last 2 days ....will try to get online next week

N

morning all ...........I may be called into some meetings this morning so will be dipping in and out

the USD is still rising..........and last week was great if you stayed on the green usd's buy side .....apart from the hiccups on Monday and thursday (see chart)

yen (yellow) still looks weak ..........and beware the Euro as we still see no real noises for more QE......it could go bull on us

good hunting
N

Attachments

• usd rising.JPG
    usd rising.JPG
    101.5 KB · Views: 169
usd has been under sell pressure since 8.15 am ...........still selling now and hitting days low ........

bounce ?

N

Attachments

• usd under pressure.JPG
    usd under pressure.JPG
    86.8 KB · Views: 190
usd is making a little bull noise at low TF levels ...........inevitable as now sitting on that days low support price line ..beware the bounce

morning all

i'm in with some potential business clients most of today so again apologies for my absence .......

ok the usd is under pressure again.........usd sells in command ..............yen is doing most well today at present ..........

watch the bounce on the usd coming soon .......lets see if it breaches ..........then usd really will have a tough day to handle ...at last until they open later

N

Attachments

• usd under pressure.JPG
    usd under pressure.JPG
    110.8 KB · Views: 157
  • usd weakness.JPG
    usd weakness.JPG
    91.2 KB · Views: 166
ok people - alert !!!

usd has just hit that support area from last Thursday now as already discussed ...........game on and buckle up on the usd sells in play

N

10 minute buy wave on usd now ending ..........if the next sell wave is only moderate I see potential to buy usd coming

gut feel tells me a bounce is coming .............but that's not enough - I need evidence

hey all....

well I have managed to pick up a new role and will be full on from next week .............should be fun but trading goes to back burner for a while..........such is life......

I will be around from time to time but first few months will be somewhat intense I suspect......

N

usd under fire this week

Sell

N

Attachments

• usd sells.JPG
    usd sells.JPG
    122.7 KB · Views: 177
hey all....

well I have managed to pick up a new role and will be full on from next week .............should be fun but trading goes to back burner for a while..........such is life......

I will be around from time to time but first few months will be somewhat intense I suspect......

N

Well Done N

Good luck with your new role and I hope all goes well

Will miss your contributions etc - but hope you keep you hand in - as one day you need to give it a good month or two full time to see how it goes etc etc

Hope to see you around a bit tomorrow and Friday - and maybe over the holiday breaks - as I still intend to trade as not away until in the New Year

Regards

F

F

Well Done N

Good luck with your new role and I hope all goes well

Will miss your contributions etc - but hope you keep you hand in - as one day you need to give it a good month or two full time to see how it goes etc etc

Hope to see you around a bit tomorrow and Friday - and maybe over the holiday breaks - as I still intend to trade as not away until in the New Year

Regards

F

thanks F............I will still be posting when I get time but not the daily frequent scalping commentaries I have been in last few months

EVERYONE - i'm always around to try to answer questions on forex Strengthmeters, forex/market correlation......... and the new USD index I have added to my stable of indicators below in signature area .....

and some time in 2015 it would be nice to crack the million views for my thread (930k now) ............a relatively rare occurrence at T2win threads.........and something you are also well on track for in record time !

N :smart:

Last edited:
hey all............well well that usd green train just keeps on rollin rollin rollin

heres the daily TF ....... and above the green usd index indicator is the trusty fxcorrelator on a 20ma setting.........the BIG sellers shown as greenback gained

(both indicators available free below in signature links)

have a great week next week...........i'm tied up now till xmas on work and will pop in for a gossip when I can

later
N

Attachments

• usd just keeps on rollin.JPG
    usd just keeps on rollin.JPG
    144 KB · Views: 223
GOLDMETER

struggling with trading gold ?...............despite the rise of the usd - relative gold (against a basket of currencies) has also been strong...........2 half decent sells on the daily below in recent weeks ............otherwise those guys are far to closely correlated to trade

see my goldmeter rules and free indicator in the signature links below :smart:

and heres my original thread on the free indicator ...........

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/com...50-fxcorrelator_goldmeter-13.html#post2450940

N

Attachments

• tough market on goldusd.JPG
    tough market on goldusd.JPG
    144.9 KB · Views: 155
hey all

no - I hav'nt fallen off planet earth (although that's a matter of opinion to some)

new job/new challenges for me - so have been full on in the trenches this last week

will take a little look at the Forex market week over the weekend here with the usual indicators I use...............hope you've all been doing well ..and anything here I show is available for free through the signature area below

N

heres that last week before holidays :-

the top indicator is a 20ma FXCorrelator on a 20ma setting 4hr chart
The bottom is my USD index on same 4hr chart

both available free in my signature links area below

well usd came out weak but then had a great middle bull spell and then flattened

Yen was the main mover in the week........a fast climb and then a rapid decent making it the perfect sell play against the rising usd from tuesday London opening

nearly 400 pips going north on UJ (see right hand chart )

nice sells on CHF and EURO as well in second half of week into that rising usd play

have a good one - i'm having to work the weekend in my new role and then full on next week into xmas so may not be around much

good trading
N

Attachments

• the last full week for 2014.JPG
    the last full week for 2014.JPG
    137.5 KB · Views: 1,203
hey all

hope you all had a good xmas - we did !

pointless doing anything over this period - and i'm busy re new role anyway

have a great new year all -

taking all the family away for a jaunt at a hotel in Somerset..........I will pop in after my new year hangover clears

(around February then :p)..... :party::drunk:

N

usd still strong last few days
chart 1

............jees what a second half of the year for this dude
chart 2

N

Attachments

• usd rolling bull.JPG
    usd rolling bull.JPG
    124.9 KB · Views: 173
  • the year in usd.JPG