Best Thread Correlation Trading - Basic Ideas and Strategies

as for today ?

with the swissie unfettered it brings a new lease of life to the G8 .......fun fun fun !

Greenback has been realtively bull today ...still is ............nice sells on AUD and Swissie.......

blue Euro rules but don't buy it into usd .........well not until the usd shows signs of fading anyway !

later all

N

Attachments

• today.JPG
    today.JPG
    105.2 KB · Views: 167
swissie getting hammered still on 1 mins......usd still buy

looking back I probably liked this pair from around 10.11 ish am .........

still running as Chf is only sell in the shop

don't get me started ......hahahahaha

N

Attachments

• buy usd chf.JPG
    buy usd chf.JPG
    56.7 KB · Views: 134
Last edited:
hey all

heres the week ...........indicators

1) my free fxcorrelator on a 20ma (top)
2) my free usd index (bottom)

(both available for free in the links /signature area)

then 3 paircharts with main action / moves

summary

usd had a nice bull week last week (not shown)......this week inevitable consolidation but then things kicked in second half for the week ........3-4 currencies were already showing below the zero line (sells) on the top indicator ...........so go with the flow !!!

swissie , Aussie pairs , cad ...........all selling ok ..others running bull with usd

trading is not rocket science ..........you have to set a solid and robust strategy and then stick to it .........

still musing whether to return to scalping arena ............a couple of interesting offer on the table elsewhere now .......................watch this space

N

Attachments

• usd action week ended 30th jan.JPG
    usd action week ended 30th jan.JPG
    140.2 KB · Views: 139
Last edited:
hey all ........just having a little play this morning scalping..couldn't resist

N

we are running bull on usd

heres my usd index and a 20ma fxcorrelator on a 15m TF

N

Attachments

• action.JPG
    action.JPG
    92.7 KB · Views: 139
18,346 Posts

Joined Jun 2004

usd has been technically bull (in my indicators) for nearly 90 mins .......that's a lifetime.......30 mins is good normally for a sustained bull or bear push

hmm
N

ok heading off as got to do some stuff .......I see I can still call the usd pretty well ..........a little more practice needed (always)

back later hopefully ....................on F's thread I saw a folding usd and went to EU around 8.27am....................I bottled on the move and came on B/E................missed a potfull :whistling

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/dis...ert-retail-forex-trader-3563.html#post2483384

hey all good practice !!

N

Attachments

• usd fade.JPG
    usd fade.JPG
    73.3 KB · Views: 172
ok its chop chop on usd .........cant get more than 5 mins of sustained moves .....later

back in for 2 mins .....

jees look at that ucad trade ...............I want to cry !!!

absolute no brainer on the top chart ..........see the brown line flying ????? - that's cad buys !!!

N

Attachments

• ucad sells rule.JPG
    ucad sells rule.JPG
    93.2 KB · Views: 207
my indicators been pretty solid selling on usd for nearly 90 mins.........around 3.15 the game changed so buying greenback now

N

hey all

stepping back I've been looking at the 15m and checking out my signals on that TF (note I am showing the free FXCorrelator 20ma top chart and the free usd index bottom chart - see links in sig area .........sorry my own bespoke indicators are hidden ! :cool:)

the usd had 2 bear signals at times shown ........the brown cad was my probable call on first .....I would have been nervous of taking the euro as it was so strong and fading (top left chart 20ma fxcorrelator)

likewise at 1.30ish the usd came out sell again for me ..........and all I had was the brown cad still strong !!!........

now seeing as I would have taken some 70 -80 pips out of the ucad in th morning I would have probably gone on it again ..........(in fact may have had some still in anyway)

my second choice was the red GBP as a buy .......the only currency pushing its head into positive territory on the FXCorrelator .........so buy GU

in fact the usd fall was so powerful all usd pairs did well ..........my 100% dream trade !!!

ok hope all did well today ..........with such a bear run on usd this afternoon it was difficult to lose money on my USD based scalping systems

later
N

Attachments

• nice nice bear usd this afternoon on 15m.JPG
    nice nice bear usd this afternoon on 15m.JPG
    130.1 KB · Views: 171
remember when I am trading (scalping) ive learned a helluva lot from forexperian ....

you need to take early profit in the game (ensures B/E is worst position you will experience) ...........then let a residual balance run .......works on all TF's but I am a scalper..............that GU for example on the last posts re 15m TF was a whipper (the gbp is a bloody nightmare- like the yen) ......sure it hit 40 pips but then came back like a train .................

don't give it all back

EVER !!!

N

morning all...........out and about today ..sorry

ok the usd (and others) did well through the night............Aussie twins took hits ......(see chart)

now usd is ranging .............

scalpwise shes been a sell for last 20 mins ........about 15 pips on GU ......AU...Ucad both done okish..........see chart 2 ...1 min TF

have fun
N

Attachments

• overnights.JPG
    overnights.JPG
    73.9 KB · Views: 112
  • scalping action.JPG
    scalping action.JPG
    97.8 KB · Views: 106
ok the usd has had a good bear run but real signs of bullishness now on 1 mins