Best Thread Correlation Trading - Basic Ideas and Strategies

Where is NVP

He would have scalp bought the EU at 1453 - and be made 9 pips now and happy ;-)

Hi N

Check out 4 57pm on EU

I reckon you would have caught the falling knife and made your 9 pips all within 4 mins now ;-))

See you around tomorrow - i think Major Magnum is about as well

Regards

F

morning all .........

some nice flow this morning ........usd is moving in nice cycles

heres the 1 min TF on the usd index .....and my vertical band signals on my own scalping indicators (not shown)

for the last hour or so action is on the bull side ...........couple of bear signals but they were unsustainable

6.19 (buy usd) signal was a nice AU sell
6.44 (sell usd)was a usdcad sell
6.57 (buy usd )was a mixture but the Euro and GBP eventually came through as sells
7.16 (sell usd) again was a little unclear ...then swissie presented itself

good hunting

N

Attachments

• signals.JPG
    signals.JPG
    91.4 KB · Views: 214
the 7.16 was a tough trade ..........I was waiting for usd to hang sell........the trap was set on a few currency pairs ............

the usdchf sell was FAST !!! ( I called a couple yesterday on F's thread)

by 7.14 I was waiting .......7.16 was the trigger ..........

you have to know what you are doing especially when scalping ...........sure you can get a nice 15-30min run trend on the usd .............but generally things are much faster and you will have to be in and out fast ...........

later
N

Attachments

• trap set.JPG
    trap set.JPG
    37.2 KB · Views: 189
7.16 was the start of a nice bear run for usd .........still is 20 mins now

...........so far pretty much EVERY usd pair has offered some nice scalps ...........the first being the USDCHF as already explained

its just about defining how you trade and then committing to 100% excellence in execution

i'm nowhere near the class of 100% ...........go watch Forexperian for that level of capability ..................that's why I respect him so highly .............

but these days and after some 15 years of experimenting ....at least I know my own usd strengthmeter strategy inside out :)

N

Attachments

• sell usd.JPG
    sell usd.JPG
    72.1 KB · Views: 194
Last edited:
Hi N

Check out 4 57pm on EU

I reckon you would have caught the falling knife and made your 9 pips all within 4 mins now ;-))

See you around tomorrow - i think Major Magnum is about as well

Regards

F

sorry dude ..............shoudlve been the wing man there but elsewhere !!

N

as I just explained ..........if you get a nice move on the USD of 20-30 bars (on any TF) you will easily have the opportunity to trade virtually EVERY G7 pair usd combination and make some sort of profit

the other currencies will cycle around the usd move ...........just take your time and pick them off...........

but always remember the clock is ticking (read Forexperians excellent time analysis work) and that sooner or later the usd will change direction

and if you are not a fan of the USD just apply same principle to any G8 currency ....

I just follow the usd anchor as its the highest volume currency traded in the world and cheapest on spreads

N

7.41 the bear run ended (for me )

now we are playing silly buggers on 3-5 min cycles........that's hard to make money

N