Best Thread Correlation Trading - Basic Ideas and Strategies

I was lucky to take anything off that last push south on usd move

frustrating..........the gbp is going north on bull............but as we are seeing so is the usd .......................they are both strong..so don't trade it until they diverge

5 pips on board since that last call.................and I was late calling it as well

jees the usd swopped north eh ?.......heres the UJ that has been best move to date

I was so late on that call seen :innocent:

N

Attachments

• uj buys.JPG
    uj buys.JPG
    32 KB · Views: 114
usd looks overbought a little ...back later ...F will be around soon .........hope I put some pips in your pipe ........

N

technically the usd looks like ready to resume sells (into higher trend).........

hmmmmmmmm..........

hey all

sorry ive been out all day .........back now

heres the day ..............I've used a 200ma FXCorrelator setting to give some granularity to the moves on a 5min chart

the green usd set an early agenda of continued selling from early Asian (line below Zero).... from there its just a matter of getting into the rhythm and focussing on when the greenback retraced (rises) and then returned to trend (Sell) ..........

F is a master of calling the tops of these retraces (any pair) ...........I'm NOT !.........I will look for a little confirmation and then naturally I will find the currency with the best pattern to trade with the usd .................

so today once I thought the usd was falling again I would look at patterns to see who to buy....................not rocket science really is it ........anything rising helps !!

see where the EU buys were most solid ?

unfortunately buy 1 (early Asian on chart) would have meant you took a leap of faith that usd was really falling.........but the second signal (last few hours) was solid solid gold .........as usd was falling (for 4th time in day) the Euro (and Chf) popped up out of the pack and said BUY ME !!!

nothings perfect .........but using strengthmeters really gives me an edge in my trading (I feel anyway)........................you couls do worse if you want to watch the whole G8 market ..................

later
N

DISCLAIMER - the 5min 200ma setting above is not a trading system.......and I certainly don't use this setup to scalp the market ..........(nothing says you cant though)...........

the FXCorrelator is just a way of showing whats actually happening with the 8 main currencies ..............as after all ..............isn't that winning half the battle before you even start to trade ?

Attachments

• sell usd day today.JPG
    sell usd day today.JPG
    124.8 KB · Views: 117
nice ucad buys in last 20 mins ...............usd on the drive south again 5th time today

good morning everyone

i'm scalping for the next hour or so ...........here we go

usd came into Asian session bear/neutral.............and has now bust out north at present ...its only a little off of yesterdays usd high already ..................so we are seeing volatility

i'm live now and looking to keep buying usd on dips .....i'll take the best currencicies to sell at that moment

ok ..lets roll

N

plenty of average euro news this morning ...then a red GBP at 9.30 .otherwise its open road

N

missed a lot of easy pips in last 15mins............I have to be patient and not jump in guns blazing

hard work this morning .....Europeans are struggling with sells ....i'm up because of a decent /uj move .........

a few wins not shown
N

Attachments

• so far today.JPG
    so far today.JPG
    128.7 KB · Views: 126
hey all

got to step out for a while ......just dropped a clanger on UJ but apart from that trolling along ok with net positives ...(last 10 mins shown)......although commissions are biting in ......usd is still solid buy so I should be shot for not sitting on some of those trades for longer

N

Attachments

• rolling along.JPG
    rolling along.JPG
    97.3 KB · Views: 133
ok gotta scoot for a while and losing market concentration ( I don't want to drop another UJ clanger)....back later ..usd must turn south soon ?

N

Attachments

• a little more.JPG
    a little more.JPG
    68.4 KB · Views: 149
still tied up on agency calls

guys its a non stop usd bull party ........shame i'm not in the game

N

Attachments

• bull action.JPG
    bull action.JPG
    84.9 KB · Views: 142