Best Thread Correlation Trading - Basic Ideas and Strategies

usd is still trying to push north after a few retraces ...........i'm tied up so back in saddle tomorrow

quids in today anyway on the DEMO i'm testing still from my earlier posts

N

80/ 20 System

usd is still trying to push north after a few retraces ...........i'm tied up so back in saddle tomorrow

quids in today anyway on the DEMO i'm testing still from my earlier posts

N

Hi I have just recently started reading this thread, seems excellent, but I can't find the rules for the 80/20 system. I have read quite a lot of the pages but there's a long long way to go.
Can someone tell me the page where I can find them.
Thanks

Hi I have just recently started reading this thread, seems excellent, but I can't find the rules for the 80/20 system. I have read quite a lot of the pages but there's a long long way to go.
Can someone tell me the page where I can find them.
Thanks

hey VH

take a look in links below ?..........the 80/20 is basically where a 20ma and a 80ma line up for currencies.......

I am currently scalping these days (see latest posts last few weeks) and must impress that all my free stuff available here in the links below is more generic in nature to help people start on their way using strengthmeters .....I don't use this to scalp as I have managed to develop more advanced stuff overtime for myself

Cheers
N

hey all

been tied up with calls and got some builders in ............will try to hide in my office soon and do some trading

N

ok at the moment to me the usd is rising after the nice falls through Asian session ..so i'll hunt usd buys until further notice

N

Morning N

having an hour or so off now - but will be back for at least 3 hrs in US session

Any levels or points you want to go through etc - let us know and we can go through in detail etc

Any pairs etc - your choice etc

Have a good day

Regards

N

jees hard work today ......heres last 20 or so trades .......perhaps its me ................i'm struggling and about b/e.........all these greens have got to be at least 60 cents to make money per trade .........

I need a good runner please !

N

Attachments

• hard hard grind.JPG
    hard hard grind.JPG
    82.8 KB · Views: 206
Hi N

I reckon you have been in Brussels today with George doing some clever accounting deal with the EU ;-)

Accountants can find ways around anything - when they think out of the box

Hope to speak to you later on today

All the best

Regards

F

Hi Folks,

Don't want to interrupt the flow, but just noticed this. Interesting, not so much for the indicator (don't know if it's any good), but for the discussion:

http://www.mql5.com/en/code/11609

Old hat to NVP and probably F, but may be useful to somebody. I actually think for practical trading purposes, the approach can be simplified, but I have yet to prove this by having an account closed for winning too much. :p

---

(sorry if it's been posted before).

hey Mike - thanks - hope you are well ............

I'll take a look when I get time ...............guys posted videos as well so will take a look...........all sounds interesting

N

sorry to all

ive been tied up with interviews etc

ok the usd is struggling at the moment for this week ........it had a great last week but from early Friday and thru the naff NFP's it caught a cold and is still falling

so sell it until it turns !

N

EJ

2 51 PM - new TW

below 143 86/7 - a scalp sell still .......... BUT

Above 142 72 /3 - a scalp buy

So if we stay above say 70 look for scalp buys at end of fall

If we go under 70 then we may test supports lower at 50 and 60 are

From any bounce over 70 - we then need above 87 and 90 to hold scalp buys on for a bigger move up again

HI N

Noticed you had not been about today

Check out 2 EJ scalps from earlier - Even though US / Canada and France on Bank holidays - still not been too bad a day

Regards

F

hey F , all ..................sorry been a little tied up on some other matters

got to run my wifes car around today to get it fixed so again tied up .........grrrrrrrr

anyway USD is bear on the standard FXCorrelator ............sell sell sell

N

Attachments

• usd is bear.JPG
    usd is bear.JPG
    100.4 KB · Views: 191
hey F , all ..................sorry been a little tied up on some other matters

got to run my wifes car around today to get it fixed so again tied up .........grrrrrrrr

anyway USD is bear on the standard FXCorrelator ............sell sell sell

N

back again .............sure theres been opportunities to buy USD but overall today has been about selling it ..............as at the moment

CAD , Yen and the aussies have all offered up buy opportunities .........and the gbp just has been plain silly with some epic epic sells against everything else :cool:

N

Attachments

• still sell usd.JPG
    still sell usd.JPG
    82.8 KB · Views: 241
good morning all ..........

well the usd got bullish later yesterday finally .............but even though the indicator below shows the green usd above zero (and therefore a buy signal).......on my more customised indicators for scalping I feel we have some sells coming soon...............the usd looks a little overbought on much lower TF's

your money your choice

N

Attachments

• usd bull ....or not.JPG
    usd bull ....or not.JPG
    73.6 KB · Views: 158
usd is slowly retracing north now (into 1 hr trend) after bouncing at days low......I think .......so a little to uncertain to take positions ...........

back later ...........time to go argue with BMW..............(hey I argue about every bill I get presented with )

N

the usd index has been bear for a long time now ...............it hit the Days low at 8.30am and hasn't looked back since .............sure a retrace here and there but its not got back above that 8.30 key price point...............its retracing again now but I wouldn't get to worried.........just get ready to jump in on the continuation of usd bear move when it happens

the usd struck south again around 12ish ..........did you get the moves ?....not as much as hoped

morning all

well on the weekly chart here (20ma hourly setting).........we see the usd running bull into Friday.................you can see the signal to buy was around 16.00 hrs yesterday as the green line went above the zero......

I may get on the saddle today re some scalping ............got to finish off some Mt4 programming first on my scalping indicators that I wanted to fine tune a little

and i'm not the worlds fastest programmer so its always a slow slog ! :smart:

N

Attachments

• usd this week.JPG
    usd this week.JPG
    129.4 KB · Views: 178