Best Thread Correlation Trading - Basic Ideas and Strategies

frustrating again .........usd bounces north but this time the damn yen takes hits..........i'm not a fan of U/J

grrrrrrr

looks like the usd bull push has stalled..............could be looking a more falls now into new week

usd still selling as mentioned in last post - pressure point coming as usd heads towards weeks low on usd ............buckle up

hmmmmmmmmm we could be going into chop phase now on usd ..............back later

regardless of the usd I must say the AUD is having a great bull run at moment ..........when you get a nice mover it doesn't matter what you trade against it .......

back again for a while ....

well I see the usd is still grinding north slowly since late Asian session .......naturally cycling as all currencies do ....during this period plenty of currencies have been happy to short.......euro, chf,cad .....etc etc

its about 60% retraced no on Fridays close

N

morning all

ok so far since sunday night.........the usd is still weak ......

so if in doubt stick with the trend

N

Attachments

• usd selling.JPG
    usd selling.JPG
    90.8 KB · Views: 104
on 1min TF's the usd is consolidating and nudging some further bull activity

time to step out

later
N

on 1min TF's the usd is consolidating and nudging some further bull activity

time to step out

later
N

I see a nice bull run on usd did develop...........Europeans took the hits (y)

N

back again .............so the usd continues to sell .................this demise started around the 23rd October................and looks like continuing

GBP has mullered it the most in that period ..........

N

Hi N

Finished for the day now - been a good one

Have a look what the "student " did today on a live account ;-)

I will be asking for new tips off him next

That could be you in a few months N - but we would have to control you and stop doing over 500 scalps a day ( sorry week lol )

Hope you have had a good day and its all clicking into place

Regards

F

morning all...........

usd continues on bear side (4th day now)........but pretty light volatility.......nothing to write home about

tied up today ...........good hunting
N

ive been doing some consulting today and just finished the report .so zero trading

I just took a look at charts.....hmmmm.........do you think the usd just went king kong bull ?

N

Attachments

• king kong bull.JPG
    king kong bull.JPG
    125.6 KB · Views: 143
hey all

apologies again.......I have been out and about talking to agencies about jobs and also a couple of F2F interviews with companies..........

I see that the USD continued its rise through the Asian session overnight and then from early London took some hits ..still is ......

the free fxcorrelator chart (available in links below in sig area) remember is a momentum based indicator..........set on the default 20ma (chart 1 Below) just because the green line is falling overnight that's momentum falling..........the usd index in fact only really started falling around 8am (see chart 2)

the higher you set the ma the more realistic the moves are vs real world......use a 500ma (chart 2) on a lower TF setting if you want some granularity on currency true directions bar by bar

a 500ma on a 5min = roughly a 40ma on a 1 hr ...........so don't try to see if the crossovers appear at the same times on these charts ............they wont

N

Attachments

• usd action.JPG
    usd action.JPG
    88.6 KB · Views: 138
  • 500 ma.JPG
    500 ma.JPG
    128.8 KB · Views: 115
Last edited:
morning all

ok working the market this morning.....trying to sell usd at present although its been bull overnight

mainly because of a massive slam dunk sell on yen

N

Attachments

• us bear.JPG
    us bear.JPG
    37.3 KB · Views: 117
  • yen dump.JPG
    yen dump.JPG
    77.2 KB · Views: 135
Morning N

Have a good day and hope to be around for most of it catching interim tops and bottoms and generally doing everything FX guru's say you cannot do ;-)

Speak to you later

Regards

F