Best Thread Correlation Trading - Basic Ideas and Strategies

At least one gets practice in obeying ones' stops (Forex) rather than engaging in a "rabbit eyed stare" at approaching (disater) headlights. What I'm trying to say is that today is just "one of those days." ;)
I still get that sinking feeling when I get more than one trade changes direction. Got knocked back three times on forex today. Might take the hint and stay with Dax.

Dax was still okay though.

For example; Two Forex trades I was kicked out of before the third kicked in but I bottled it by then :eek:

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    286 KB · Views: 120
At least one gets practice in obeying ones' stops (Forex) rather than engaging in a "rabbit eyed stare" at approaching (disater) headlights. What I'm trying to say is that today is just "one of those days." ;)
I still get that sinking feeling when I get more than one trade changes direction. Got knocked back three times on forex today. Might take the hint and stay with Dax.

Dax was still okay though.

watch the Dax....its volatile little varmit ;)

N

For example; Two Forex trades I was kicked out of before the third kicked in but I bottled it by then :eek:

thats bad luck N

I took hits early on - the first trade I took today I walked into a wall ...............and it got bad for next 2-3 trades after that as I tried to pick the bottoms/tops and let trades run

then I stepped back and reverted to my manic superscalping approach :)

horses for course I suppose ;)

N

Prob on M5

Hello,

Been using this indicator for a while, but for some reason there is now a display problem on M5 timeframe (only). Pl. see attached...

Have removed, recompiled, re-added etc. Still problem..

Any ideas,

Rgds

Attachments

• sc.JPG
    sc.JPG
    152.3 KB · Views: 142
ok sorted and I made money on the trade whilst it was frozen !!!

(24 now then....)

Attachments

• sorted.JPG
    sorted.JPG
    48 KB · Views: 109
  • result.JPG
    result.JPG
    42.2 KB · Views: 140
Last edited:
Hello,

Been using this indicator for a while, but for some reason there is now a display problem on M5 timeframe (only). Pl. see attached...

Have removed, recompiled, re-added etc. Still problem..

Any ideas,

Rgds

hey H

it should be ok ...............try this one .....it works fine on FXCM uk live

Attachments

• FXCORRELATOR_BASIC_FREE_VERSION_2013.mq4
    6.7 KB · Views: 138
Thx NVP,

But...same problem!

See attached. M5_1 Looks ok before I apply chart shift, then get M5_2.

This is with the indicator you just attached.

Using MT4 build 711 BTW...

Only prob. on M5!

Attachments

• M5_2.JPG
    M5_2.JPG
    155.8 KB · Views: 109
  • M5_1.JPG
    M5_1.JPG
    131.1 KB · Views: 106
I also think that LMAX will offer a 10% discount to $5.72 per lot r/t for most people

something to consider if I go live

N

morning all

heres the picture (free indicator in links below)

USD looking south ?

N

i'm going to continue scalping this morning using my bespoke strengthmeter based systems......................looking forward to it actually ..right now !

Attachments

• usd action.JPG
    usd action.JPG
    118.7 KB · Views: 108
hmm a little frustrating ...............a couple of silly giveaways in early session and then I've missed 2 runs that would have ben Very lucrative

4 wins from 26 trades (but before commissions)

recently usd had a great bull run and I bailed toooo early on my inevitable EU sells ...........

still up though
N

Attachments

• 22 chart 1.JPG
    22 chart 1.JPG
    98.5 KB · Views: 122
  • 22 chart 2.JPG
    22 chart 2.JPG
    96.5 KB · Views: 121
  • chart 3.JPG
    chart 3.JPG
    55.9 KB · Views: 120
ok been waiting for something and finally nailed it off news (??) ...........

taking a break .......back later .........gbp news at 9.30am

N

Attachments

• at last.JPG
    at last.JPG
    105.7 KB · Views: 117
Hows it going N ??

A lot of red CAD news at 1 30 pm - 3 00 pm and 4 15 pm - so will look at some Cad pairs later on this afternoon

Been a busy morning and pleased you had a few runners

Speak to you later

Regards

F

hey F

had a bad session since lunch.............been trying to call the bottom of the EU and got steamrollered...................should have known better

N

looks like 2692 was bottom

I had 2681/2 just before end of 9 00 am TW

86 -90 as offered supports up to midday with the rise then up to the 2720-25 area

Now from 82 to 92 might be tested again and the clue is now we need over 2725 /30 to even think that a turn is on

News in 5 mins on Cad and Us Dollar - so that will move EU again - which way - dont know yet

GL

having a dumnass afternoon.........been far to aggressive and got caught in a lot of chop

also was mad watching the usd rise and get no decent signals on EU so chaed the AU all over the place

arrrrrr.......frustrating ...........will calm down and start again soon