Best Thread Correlation Trading - Basic Ideas and Strategies

yep .............the gimme was around 2.20pm.........beautiful low on E/J that's been bouncing north ever since

N

Hi N

Well that's good if you stayed under 20 trades - I had 6 scalp losses over the day - so I exceeded 20 today

My losses in total - only 16 pips - and so the wins still got me way over my 50 pip target

Yes the EJ can be a good pair - but not always

It moves well and so today I had 3 good 30% trades off it

I honestly thought a difficult day - the morning session caught me out 4 times - but I re-entered on 2 occasions and made positive pips

Step - by Step - keep tweaking your tools and also pace yourself etc - and then it all gets easier

Regards

F

that's where i'm not going again at present ..........i'll stick to basics at moment ......800 trades in last 2 weeks was a little excessive and cost me all my profits in commissions..never again ...... (y)

Last edited:
by the way all

Jedster does send his love ...........hes just busy these days ............most of the time I have no idea what he is talking about anyway ............damn corporate quants have languages of their own :p

N

Attachments

• stig 2.JPG
    stig 2.JPG
    18.9 KB · Views: 100
Hi N

Well that's good if you stayed under 20 trades - I had 6 scalp losses over the day - so I exceeded 20 today

Step - by Step - keep tweaking your tools and also pace yourself etc - and then it all gets easier

Regards

F

actually took 19 trades ........13 wins .........break even after commissions............

once I choked out of the 8am usd sells I just scaled back with a few plays ........and waited for next usd signals ....that never came as it sailed south all day ....didn't chase it

N

thanks J

I assume it wont wipe my indicators in the folders ? :p

ok all done lets see what next week brings - thanks J

N

Hi Neil,

That MT4 installation file will overwrite your existing copy of the platform with the latest version, but it should not make any changes to your indicators. However, it's worth noting that when MetaQuotes updated to build 600+ they changed the location where indicator files have to be stored in order to work with the platform. As far as I know, they have not made any recent changes to MT4 that would require you to move your indicator files to a new folder location.

Jason

Hi Neil,

That MT4 installation file will overwrite your existing copy of the platform with the latest version, but it should not make any changes to your indicators. However, it's worth noting that when MetaQuotes updated to build 600+ they changed the location where indicator files have to be stored in order to work with the platform. As far as I know, they have not made any recent changes to MT4 that would require you to move your indicator files to a new folder location.

Jason

hey Jason

I backed it all up anyway .....and things seem fine

thanks(y)
N

morning all

usd took a low around 5.30am and is climbing slowly.........I was not awake at thet time so didn't take the aussie sells .........

NZD was most obvious with a big bull spike to start its demise south

ok will try to make this all back now looking for interims on that usd climb

unless dynamics change in the day

N

hey everyone

I am trying my hardest to break my scalping habits ..............I am trying to call less trades and get in on longer term moves ........

this morning I got hammered on my first Trade daing and watched it drop 10 pips ...........

sorry I just cant wear it ...........i'd rather hammer out the trades and go for the 80%+ success rates ............which I can do if I really focus ............all I need is 60c per trade proft to cover the commission - like below mostly

wrong but perhaps right if P&L is positive at the end of the day - for me anyway

N

Attachments

• break the habit.JPG
    break the habit.JPG
    129 KB · Views: 99
ok 23 winners in a row...........and 5 lost a little bit after commission charge ........

its not the way F trades (although I did try to run a couple) but that's not to say I cant do it if the opportunity arises ...

taking a break

back later
N

Attachments

• 23 in a row.JPG
    23 in a row.JPG
    57.8 KB · Views: 111
au buy right now .but i'm not trading at moment

Attachments

• au.JPG
    au.JPG
    24.8 KB · Views: 100
heres another scalp on AU .that's 2 in 3 -4 minutes

against the trend on paper but it may not be if scalp 2 runs now

N

Attachments

• scalps.JPG
    scalps.JPG
    43.2 KB · Views: 109
i'm not trading AU at moment .....

1st one was tight and profit depended on my fill

but the 2nd one was fine ..........

scalping eh ?
N

Attachments

• 2 scalps.JPG
    2 scalps.JPG
    46.4 KB · Views: 80
usd is a little too bull at moment on 1 mins ..........waiting for it to turnover

News etc I missed ??

you should be up already if you are scalping

Not scalping -using 15 min charts-but why are the currencies so "whippy" this morning with a fair share of "head fakes." Engulfing bars for example, getting whipped about ?

Dax is okay on me 5min charts :confused:

Not scalping -using 15 min charts-but why are the currencies so "whippy" this morning with a fair share of "head fakes." Engulfing bars for example, getting whipped about ?

Dax is okay on me 5min charts :confused:

tell me about it ................most people are struggling ......

good days and the not so good

tell me about it ................most people are struggling ......

At least one gets practice in obeying ones' stops (Forex) rather than engaging in a "rabbit eyed stare" at approaching (disater) headlights. What I'm trying to say is that today is just "one of those days." ;)
I still get that sinking feeling when I get more than one trade changes direction. Got knocked back three times on forex today. Might take the hint and stay with Dax.

Dax was still okay though.