Best Thread Correlation Trading - Basic Ideas and Strategies

Hi N

In last 90 mins ( busy period ) from 3 00 pm - there as been 200 pips available off 8 trades on 4 pairs

NO - did not get them all as I had to pop out - and do not like scalping more than 3 pairs at same time - although don't mind being in even 10 x 30% stake swings if stops already profitable

But 90 mins - and any decent short term intraday trader might grab 70 pips over the 90 mins - all off small stops and maybe only 4 -6 trades

One for you to ponder over - ;-))

thanks Jason....................I also need to strip my laptop down a little as its slowing as well ...............platform looking ok again now and I have always found it robust and solid for many years now

N

Thanks for the update, Neil

If you are using MT4, I would also suggest that you check what version of the platform you're currently running. You can do this by going to Help > About in the menu bar at the top left of the platform.

MetaQuotes has released a new build to address issues that were affecting MT4 users. As of the time of this post, if you run the MT4 installation program on our site, it will update you to build 722: http://download.fxcorporate.com/FXCM-MT4Install.exe

Thanks for the update, Neil

If you are using MT4, I would also suggest that you check what version of the platform you're currently running. You can do this by going to Help > About in the menu bar at the top left of the platform.

MetaQuotes has released a new build to address issues that were affecting MT4 users. As of the time of this post, if you run the MT4 installation program on our site, it will update you to build 722: http://download.fxcorporate.com/FXCM-MT4Install.exe

thanks J

I assume it wont wipe my indicators in the folders ? :p

ok all done lets see what next week brings - thanks J

N

Last edited:
Afternoon N

I know you mentioned you had a busy day on other jobs so expected you not to be around to much

I got some classic move today that will be worth you replicating on your own scalp system etc

This morning on the EA

This afternoon - 3 00 pm and GU and even AU etc

When you are around later - can explain the sequence and clues etc etc

Regards

F

yep..............been moving around some settings and indicators last day or so now to gear up more on attacking the turns and not waiting for trends to confirm .......

I see the usd bull peaking around 3pm.......then a nice sell off for 40-45 mins before coming north again

only the UJ pairing performance was disappointing on that period .the other usd pairs delivered comfortable pip moves

i'm getting there slowly..............in truth i'm more concerned about my execution of multiple trades and trailing stop settings on LMAX than my ability to see the trades ;)

N

Which one is FXMO or NVP

irony from Australians .........whatever next ;)

give my love to the old country...........lived and worked there back in the early 90's ............and then the authorities asked me to leave ?..........jees 200 years earlier and we were getting free passage on prison ships ?

make your minds up :p

N

slow start today for me ....I should ve stuck on the usd pair buys as they all moved up

later
N

Attachments

• slow start.JPG
    slow start.JPG
    91.6 KB · Views: 122
so far today the usd bull ceiling at around 7.54 was the only solid call of the day for me

selling usd on most pairs from there is still in solid profits

should've stuck out on those

ok later
N

at the moment the usd is making thrird attempt at a recent high..........looks like we may soon see continuation of USD sells

N

hey all

heres the 1 hour picture on my FXCorrleator free indicator (see links below for free access)

green usd been turning slowly bear since the weekend

I saw a nice opportunity to take this move further at around 7.54 this morning (circled) but bottled out on the trades ...........coming out far too early .....................so pretty much B/e today so far vs being nicely up like F

later
N

Attachments

• early days.JPG
    early days.JPG
    95.8 KB · Views: 104
I'm still very focussed now on calling turns on currencies/pairs as F does so well

I fired up some old indicators built years ago where I used to do this and have been giving them a run on some tidied settings more geared to scalping today.........

So - still just 1 solid signal this morning for me to sell usd around 8am (gmt-1 on charts)

I should have sat on them for the long run but didn't ............:whistling

N

Attachments

• 1 signal 2.JPG
    1 signal 2.JPG
    117.1 KB · Views: 107
Hope you kept the AU buy on as well N

After 12 30 pm - it risen over 35 pips and nearly 50 pips from low of just prior to LO

EU and GU not so clean with both way moves

EJ - been my favourite today - also best earner

Regards

F

I'm still very focussed now on calling turns on currencies/pairs as F does so well

I fired up some old indicators built years ago where I used to do this and have been giving them a run on some tidied settings more geared to scalping today.........

So - still just 1 solid signal this morning for me to sell usd around 8am (gmt-1 on charts)

I should have sat on them for the long run but didn't ............:whistling

N

well i'm trying to stick to my new gameplan and not buy/sell unless I see a decent move

as stated above......USD hit its days high around 7.45 this morning and that was it .........all sells since and I jumped out much to early in the moves...........should've been back in on the ride at times but wanted to take the best signals ........ :rolleyes:

N

Attachments

• usd sell day.JPG
    usd sell day.JPG
    192.9 KB · Views: 109

After 12 30 pm - it risen over 35 pips and nearly 50 pips from low of just prior to LO

Regards

F

nope - I stept off way back and then got tied up in some calls and other agency stuff this afternoon..................

i'll take a look at the settings I have to make sure I get some softer signals if I miss the main move

and I've got Jedster looking at some other tweaks for me as well ............ Jedster doesn't come to T2win much these days ........hes like the stig ...................mysterious and that's how I like it .........guys a genius ..........and hes all mine dammit !! :LOL:

hahahahahaha

N

Attachments

• jedster.JPG
    jedster.JPG
    18.8 KB · Views: 94

Regards

F

hey F ..............this shows where my indicators threw up the yens signals on an E/J chart.........(GMT-1).

not too bad if I had tried to be trading that pair.........yen has always got plenty of volatility alongside the GBP ..............I do need to consider playing these guys more if all usd gives me is one decent signal in the day :cool:

then again its early days in tweaking my O/B, O/S indicators to accommodate scalp speeds and dynamics

well done today ..(y).......I broke even and even prouder that I only traded probably less than 20 times .....and didn't chase the closed usd moves from the morning ........that's a start (y)

N

Attachments

• yen calls today.JPG
    yen calls today.JPG
    61.4 KB · Views: 109
Last edited:
hey F ..............this shows where my indicators threw up the yens signals on an E/J chart..........

not too bad if I had tried to be trading that pair.........yen has always got plenty of volatility alongside the GBP ..............I do need to consider playing these guys more if all usd gives me is one decent signal in the day :cool:

then again its early days in tweaking my O/B, O/S indicators to scalp speeds and dynamics

well done today ..(y).......I broke even and even prouder that I only traded probably less than 20 times .....and didn't chase the closed usd moves from the morning ........that's a start (y)

N

Hi N

Well that's good if you stayed under 20 trades - I had 6 scalp losses over the day - so I exceeded 20 today

My losses in total - only 16 pips - and so the wins still got me way over my 50 pip target

Yes the EJ can be a good pair - but not always

It moves well and so today I had 3 good 30% trades off it

I honestly thought a difficult day - the morning session caught me out 4 times - but I re-entered on 2 occasions and made positive pips

Step - by Step - keep tweaking your tools and also pace yourself etc - and then it all gets easier

Regards

F