Best Thread Correlation Trading - Basic Ideas and Strategies

hey gang

going to take some time out as summers here .....cant go abroad really so going to chill in our place in dorset

take care and back soon

N

Forex Diary week ending 31/7/20

great week for GBP .....Sterling hammering other currencies
CAD, USD and NZD taking most pain
in fact only Euro was positive as well this week ....

make your Forex trading easier and donate to charity for this indicator

N

Attachments

• Forex Week ending 31st july 2020.JPG
    Forex Week ending 31st july 2020.JPG
    112.1 KB · Views: 125
Forex Week ending 7th Aug 2020

CAD was the Buy until wednesday with +114 pips at peak
YEN and USD sold off to -70s at times ...again wednesday the lows

all 3 were back to opening prices at times before friday close .....gosh you would think the market was almost giving away some patterns to make money from ?

N

Attachments

• Forex Week ending 7th Aug 2020.JPG
    Forex Week ending 7th Aug 2020.JPG
    186.7 KB · Views: 110
Couldn't resist a plug for my 8 year old Goldmeter as well .....cant believe gold bugs are making money finally .....

Forex Diary 13th Aug 2020

( i'm still on vacation..well as much as i ever relax ! )

interesting week so far ...a lot of traders are calling for reversals on Yen

Has anyone told yen ? ....anyone ?...nope

thats trading and especially Forex Trading ...dont try to call reversals .....you will get killed most of the time

just enjoy the ride trading WITH the trend ...this is not stocks or bonds or commodities or Bitcoin...this is Forex

N

Attachments

• forex diary 13th Aug 2020.JPG
    forex diary 13th Aug 2020.JPG
    145.8 KB · Views: 128
Forex Diary 20th Aug 2020

Im still enjoying a Summer break from intense trading ...I have needed it for a while

ok interesting week so far ....

USD the Alpha Sell to -100 pips (then a massive correction yesterday)
GBP , YEN and CAD all been to +60 pips so far

GU buys and UJ Sells the big plays earlier in week......

use this Fixed start Version of the FXcorrelator to SEE EVERYTHING in the G8 market

don't trade 1 dimensionally using pair charts

ALWAYS SEE THE MARKET

why restrict your trading success ? - get smart and get the indicator !

available here for a small donation to charity

NVP

Attachments

• forex Diary 20th Aug 2020.JPG
    forex Diary 20th Aug 2020.JPG
    142 KB · Views: 158
Forex Diary 28th Aug 2020

Interesting week and nicely tradeable on 1 hours ....

Yen and Cad got weak end of monday and were definitely sells on appropriate pairs
About 4 currencies were strongish tuesday and worth pairing up on right signals

GJ , AJ and NJ all played out the best .....CAD pairs would have faltered ....but thats life ...using the correct pair systems for entries/ Exits would have minimised those losses (if trades were taken at all)

Forex Trading is about playing the percentages and finding the edge on the BEST pairs ...its not magical crystals or black box systems coded by nuclear scientists.....

so don't pay for that nonsense from the many vendors, academies and schools - do you really think someone would charge just a few grand for such a successful and powerful winning system ?.....and its been created by the smooth talking salesman on the youtube channel ? - seriously ?- are you insane ?

this indicator requires just a small donation to the NHS charity....do yourself a favour by using one of the best indicators in Forex whilst helping people who keep us alive ...the real heroes

have a good weekend gang ....
N

Attachments

• forex Diary 28th Aug 2020.JPG
    forex Diary 28th Aug 2020.JPG
    166 KB · Views: 114
Hi NVP, thanks for this. I will look into this thread, and have downloaded the FX Correlator indicator and do some reading. Going to follow your space here. Cheers

Hi NVP, thanks for this. I will look into this thread, and have downloaded the FX Correlator indicator and do some reading. Going to follow your space here. Cheers
you are most welcome....

Forex Diary 2nd Sep 2020

Yens been bear most of week
GBP was best Bull mover into Tuesday - CAD and NZD rocking at moment

Whilst I have got some fairly complex Algos and trading systems I still think this kind of approach is pretty solid

See what the big movers are on a Fix Start Indicator (set it to start of Trading week)

and play those pairs looking for pullbacks into trend

there were trades offered selling Yen into CAD , EURO and GBP through to Tuesday ....now Yen and CHF have flattened with CAD and NZD being the buys ....

bring your trend following system into line with this indicator (or perhaps use the Free FXCorrelator on default 20ma)...I promise them both add some edge to you .....instead of random pair selection

the Fix start indicator is available here for a small donation to the UK NHS Covid charity

N

Attachments

• forex Diary 2nd Sep 2020.JPG
    forex Diary 2nd Sep 2020.JPG
    159.3 KB · Views: 105
Show me the movements of all 8 of the major currencies in 2020 on 1 chart .....

impossible ?

Nope ...here they are in technicolour

just a small donation to the NHS secures this indicator for life to be used on any timeframe and any start point ....click here and do yourself a big favour in your forex trading

SUMMARY 2020

The big Covid spikes in march have gradually dissolved/reversed .....only Euro is showing solid strength and resolve to hold the ground originally made in March ......

expect similar movements again if Covid really hits hard soon globally......go to Yen / CHF/USD for the buys and dump the rest ......especially burying GBP ...

lightning never strikes the same place twice ....until it does

N

Attachments

• 2020 Forex Action G8.JPG
    2020 Forex Action G8.JPG
    129.7 KB · Views: 102
Forex Traders....Please tell me you have been selling sterling this week

if not ..what planet are you on ?

N

Attachments

• Forex week 7th Sep 2020.JPG
    Forex week 7th Sep 2020.JPG
    96.1 KB · Views: 104
FAKING IT .....

I was talking to a novice trader yesterday and they were raving about a scammers brilliant trading record on a "reputable" website

STOP STOP STOP .....scammers , gurus , academies and trading schools fake this stuff all the time .....sorry I grew up in the gambling business so I am familiar with how anything can be faked......ANYTHING

here's a link to some interesting ways of faking Trading accounts...theres plenty of stuff on youtube for how this works ..

so cmon ....stop being naive and take control of your trading yourself .... stop believing people ...please

https://m.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLVqDoPNCdPK-nqI7IAQbUUT6veGl99PNp

N

Last edited:
Forex Traders....Please tell me you have been selling sterling this week

if not ..what planet are you on ?

N

too easy today .....GBP has come off another 175-200 pips since last post earlier today ...shooting fish in a barrel

Attachments

• Forex week 7th Sep 2020 2.JPG
    Forex week 7th Sep 2020 2.JPG
    103.1 KB · Views: 87
Will GBP Close bear 5 days running ?

Attachments

• 5 from 5 GBP sells.JPG
    5 from 5 GBP sells.JPG
    119.8 KB · Views: 92
Hi There

after Traders quiz me about Forex & my (free) relative strength indicators (shameless Plug)

The Next #1 question I get asked is this ......

Neil - what the hell signals are you using to get into those trades ?????

lets face it ...I smugly post day after day / year after year all these wonderful correlation charts showing the big trending currencies to trade .....1 min charts, 5 min charts , hourly charts ...even daily charts showing where the big movers are

BUT you say .... SO WHAT !!

Jees ...you guys want it all dont you ?!! .... the keys to the Castle ......the secret of the holy grail ....

after some 11 years of being public with my ideas and systems (and before that 9 years working with trading partners, programmers and private teams to develop them) I have never revealed what I do on the coalface ......

Why Neil ? ....why not ?

seriously ?...........

#1 - I have never claimed or wanted to be a commercial Coach or mentor or teacher or Trader or whatever else this group of people call themselves these days on social media and the big trading forums ....I did once run a simple pilot course on Forex correlation in 2011 I recall but it never developed as i wished and after some staff sickness problems I eventually closed it down....never to appear again ...my time was to precious trading and doing other things to make money

#2 - There are many many ways to enter trending trades....type "Trend Trading" into google and start doing the legwork.....do you think that some 20 years of my work will be revealed like a peep show for even a few thousand dollars ?......do you think any of these trading academies, lifestyle traders , schools , gurus and experts actually sell anything useful for a few thousand Dollars .....so go do some legwork yourself and build some systems you believe in...its the only way to become a Trader

sorry about that...maybe one day i will come out with something that reveals some of the stuff i use ...but after 20 years of trying literally everything out maybe i will keep the good stuff under wraps for a while yet .....sorry

as a teaser I have dropped one of my core indicators in here to show where it had me looking for GU sell trades this week.....GBP had a monster selloff week but even GU took a break midweek keeping me out of the fun ....then it got me back in without chop anywhere (unlike the 20ma /RSI / Stoch as shown) ....

go find stuff like this and combine with Relative strength indicators to always be following the big currency movers ...you are then 90% there guys ....good hunting

N

Attachments

• customised indicators.JPG
    customised indicators.JPG
    144.2 KB · Views: 139
Why do people trade AUDNZD and other such closely correlated currencies ?

maybe i'm missing the point ....(probably)......I look for currencies that are Negatively Correlated and trending ....which does not usually include these 2 guys ......

Heres a chart (indicator available here)..........look at the aussie dynamic duo for 2020 so far

Close ? ....yes ? ......they are glued together compared to others

look at the pippage from trading non correlated / diverging currencies .....CADJPY and GBPJPY for example had put on over 2,000 pip moves verses perhaps a few hundred on AUDNZD....

hey trade what you want .....but you rarely will see these correlating dudes on my hit lists ....

N

Attachments

• aussie twins 2020.JPG
    aussie twins 2020.JPG
    135.4 KB · Views: 89
Last edited:
Why do people trade AUDNZD and other such closely correlated currencies ?

maybe i'm missing the point ....(probably)......I look for currencies that are Negatively Correlated and trending ....which does not usually include these 2 guys ......

Heres a chart (indicator available here)..........look at the aussie dynamic duo for 2020 so far

Close ? ....yes ? ......they are glued together compared to others

look at the pippage from trading non correlated / diverging currencies .....CADJPY and GBPJPY for example had put on over 2,000 pip moves verses perhaps a few hundred on AUDNZD....

hey trade what you want .....but you rarely will see these correlating dudes on my hit lists ....

N
Anybody, wishing to trade forex, who doesn't read your thread, is putting themselves at a disadvantage. You call it right a lot of the time.