Best Thread Correlation Trading - Basic Ideas and Strategies

I was a bit below the weather today but the market as always marches on

Initial london Yen & USD Bull plays swung back to sells for US session so far

CHF Holds Alpha Bull position - Still
Euro came as late Bull into US session
CAD , AUD, NZD Consistent sells all day so far

I would have been selling Cable and Cad during most of the London session into those great USD bull moves
then it got tricky ....

The us opens would have given me the confidence to double down and sell USD into Euro and CHF

N

Attachments

• forex Diary 9th June 2020.JPG
    forex Diary 9th June 2020.JPG
    130.6 KB · Views: 157
Forex Diary 10th June 2020

ok London morning - approaching US opens now ....

USD was bear ....and has stayed bear so far

Bulls have been CHF, AUD and now a strengthening GBP

Not too bad today for me ...but still tricky at times

N

Attachments

• forex Diary 10th June 2020.JPG
    forex Diary 10th June 2020.JPG
    158.2 KB · Views: 115
Forex Diary 11th June 2020

Tricky morning in Forex market

USD has swung Bull to bear over the morning .....

CAD been the Sell (to -30s)+
EUR and CHF the buys (to +25s)

GBP is Neutral so far .....Yen as well

so slim pickings and a beginners nightmare .....stay lean and stay out unless you are really seeing something

The Secret to profitable trading is not giving away dumb and sloppy losing trades ....think Defence instead of Offense.....think "how can i not lose? vs how can i win ?"

try it ....you might like it ?

N

Forex Diary 12th June 2020

solid day in market nice trending for london morning

CAD & GBP were the Main Alha Bulls getting + +50/60s in pips
Big morning Sellers were Yen and CHF with USd in pursuit ...Yen got to -70s

USD was bear enough toi justify hitting GBP and CAD buys in pairs
E/J buys would have looked good on trading charts as well .....

great trades buying CADJPY and GBPJPY if you can stomach the spreads ....

I will update the weeks action over the weekend.....

cheers Gang
Neil
(NVP)

PS - my charity Indicator shown on the Chart have now reached nearly £700 - so thanks again for all the kind donations and i hope you are finding it useful in your own trading

Attachments

• forex Diary 12th June 2020.JPG
    forex Diary 12th June 2020.JPG
    172.5 KB · Views: 162
Last edited:
Forex Diary week ending 12th June 2020

solid week & market nice trending ........

YEN & CHF were the Main Alha Bulls with Yen getting to +350 on early Friday then fading hard
CAD was main sell all week to minus 250 early Friday

CADYEN Sells were the best trades of the week ...timed well would have seen a few hundred pips on best moves

you cant help thinking that friday saw profit taking on those Cad, CHF and Yen plays ?

look at the 7ma setting for trading Yen on middle indicator (yellow) ....some great setups each time Yen came below the zero then bounced north ......(Arrows)......just hit it in a decent pair combo ....CAD , GBP , NZD AUD all Selling

trading 1 hours on the weekly are generally more predictable than the twitchy London or US sessions in lower timeframes ........and this indicator allows you to see the action so easily

available for a small donation below

cheers Gang
Neil
(NVP)

Attachments

• forex Diary week ending 12th June  2020.JPG
    forex Diary week ending 12th June 2020.JPG
    170.4 KB · Views: 183
Forex Diary 16th June 2020

steady Bull on CHF / JPY and USD ....JPY got to +50 pips
Solid selling on GBP, AUD,NZD and Cad ...all to -20's

all reversing now into us opens

so good trading morning on many pairs .....

N

Forex Diary 18th June 2020

ok good day in markets so far ....

Sterling hammered straight out of the gates .......solid selling to - 70 pips so far
Cad the buy to +40 pips but dwarfed by GBP ....

everything else relatively lightweight ...i've been selling Cable naturally

no complaints ....the indicator below is available for a donation to the NHS Covid charity below

Neil
NVP

Attachments

• forex Diary 18th June 2020.JPG
    forex Diary 18th June 2020.JPG
    106.5 KB · Views: 110
Forex Diary 19th June 2020

Slowish day with a tight USD range so far ....

CAD Bull to +30 so far
GBP BEAR to -45 so far

My main trading success has been with the more recent GBPUSD selling

Earlier it was tough trying to buy GBP and CAD into a flat USD .....I was selling USD as Yen was short and so I was banking on the correlation pattern holding which it kind of did ......

the Fixstart Indicator shown on main screen is available here for a small donation to the NHS Covid trust

N

Attachments

• forex Diary 19th June 2020.JPG
    forex Diary 19th June 2020.JPG
    116.9 KB · Views: 165
Last edited:
Forex Week ending 19th June 2020

great week in the market .....and GBP recorded a pretty rare event .....it actually went (joint) High in the week shared with yellow Yen (who got there late friday night) ....and then it preceded to swing some 250 pips to end up hitting -160's on Friday night .....thats pretty cool

Green USD opened week bear then came north but a slow ascent from tuesday .....

Nothing else really stands out for me ......big change of pace and direction from london morning session on Tuesday when global equities quietened for the rest of the week off good initial gains on money session ....Usd and Yen then swung north off the equity stall.............

trade of the week was swinging GBP south from morning london session on Tuesday off most other currencies

GBPJPY was the real high roller with some 450 pips on offer from highs to lows on that pair

I was pretty busy last week in my consultancy business but still enjoyed a few scalping sessions.....

and the indicator shown is available from link shown by donating a small Fee to the NHS Covid charity ....

have a good week gang

N

Attachments

• forex Diary week ending 19th June  2020.JPG
    forex Diary week ending 19th June 2020.JPG
    179 KB · Views: 164
Forex Diary 22nd June 2020

sluggish monday so far ....

USD and Yen have only got to -50's Bear so far .....

GBP and NZD have barely hit +30 pips

.....thats sloooooooow ........

EU / GU Buys and EJ buys have been plays off the afternoon ......see where USD and Yen Bounced back into sells ?

Nice moves ......

N

The chart is available here for a small donation to a Covid Charity

Attachments

• forex Diary 22nd June 2020.JPG
    forex Diary 22nd June 2020.JPG
    129.9 KB · Views: 146
Forex Week ending 26th June 2020

heres the week so far ....hows it all going ?

see the consolidation in G8 since tuesdays peak ? ...a little premature as usually we can see this divergence running to at least wednesday .....but such is life .....monday was best day by far .......and yesterday was a real reversal on the big currencies like GBP and USD ......tricky plays

aside from my intraday scalping i look for opportunities on the hourlies..... just like this chart ...make plays and come out by end of week ...depending on situation

if you've watched my youtube videos you will see what i do .....

so what am i looking at ? ......

like in scalping i look for where the currencies are trending from fixed start point and try to stay loyal to the Bull or Bear side ....so im still tryint to work Yen and USD BEAR.......yesterday was a no play day on the hourlies ....how can i make plays with Yen & USD them reversing / converging so much ?

last few hours have seen a yen bounce south and usd neutral ....i see a bounce north on GBP and some emergence of AUD and NZD into the Bull arena for the week .....

im also watching Euro as its so marginal Bull now after some decent bull action all week ....last chance saloon maybe

my plays / Thoughts

(this is not a perfect market so not that fussed about trading hourlies any more this week and time is running out into weekend )

1) Cable - attack on next bounce north using cable chart ....

2) EJ - frustratingly not bouncing north .....will monitor looking for a decent rebuy signal whilst Euro is still in bull territory

3) AU and NU buys ..........looks relatively solid ....but with only some 36 hours left in market this week im not convinced of any decent margins ....

decisions decisions - welcome to trading ...the indicator shown is available here by donating to charity

Neil
NVP

Attachments

• forex Diary week ending 26th June  2020.JPG
    forex Diary week ending 26th June 2020.JPG
    140.9 KB · Views: 137