Best Thread Correlation Trading - Basic Ideas and Strategies

Forex Diary - Covids impact 2020 to date

jees what a year .....and no shortage of great volatility and Trading opportunities for Forex Traders

heres the REAL market action from mid Feb when global markets finally realised the financial and Economic Armageddon that Covid19 was going to bring....

(this indicator is available here for a small NHS charitable donation)

some 40% wiped off US equities inside a few weeks and the move of funds into
yellow Yen, Green USd , Grey CHF ..........and the blue Euro

EURO ? ...EURO ? ...where did he come from ?...all hail the new Risk play currency ?

Not only did the Euro challenge the traditional (risk on) currencies for Supremacy in February - but by JUNE it then preceded to become the #1 Currency post Covid meltdown ...and still is ...by a big margin !

why ? ..........well actually lots of reasons .....read any decent FX forum or commentary site and they will bore you to death with facts and figures and opinions.....all post event of course .....because hindsight is all they have

So whats next for Q4 ?

I'm not sure folks .....I will trade the signals i see and go from there .......but Im certainly giving the Euro some big respect in my calls.....because at the moment it seems to be all roads lead to Euro regardless of market movements

have a good Q4 ...and be careful out there Forex Traders

N

Attachments

• Covids Forex performance 2020.JPG
    Covids Forex performance 2020.JPG
    134.6 KB · Views: 107
Forex Diary 30th Sep 2020

Europeans strongest so far with early spikes from GBP on monday
Selling them into Yen and USD so far has worked well....

The FixStart indicator shown is available here for a small donation to Charity

Attachments

• Forex Diary 30th sep 2020.JPG
    Forex Diary 30th sep 2020.JPG
    97.4 KB · Views: 124
THE DOLLAR

A lot of commentary at the moment around the demise of the USD and the big shorts in place globally

I offer charts and some simple observations around the Greenback....chart 1 sets the scene for Peak USD in 2020 and Chart 2 shows G8 currencies relative movements since that day (indicator available here for a small charitable donation)

#1 USD has without doubt been the alpha Sell since mid March with 1100 pips fall
and even the (yellow) Yens demise has not eclipsed it ...

#2 USD has rallied in last 2 months since Labor day in early September ...approx 25% and breaching R2 on chart ....now sitting between key support / resistance levels as the US Election looms .....

unless equity markets now collapse I am still relatively Bearish on USD ....certainly will be until I see R1 get breached ....then we will have a game on our hands ...the presidency will be a long and painful fight with twists and turns on a daily basis and a bitterly disputed outcome whatever happens - so bring sandwiches

and if i don't like what the Dollar is doing i simply go play with the other 7 currencies ....sure the USD represents a high % of all trades conducted on the global stage ....but its not the only game in town if its patterns become confused and unpredictable - that's just plain gambling gang...and remember we are Traders

for me the much more interesting currency is Red GBP (Sterling) ....riddle me this ....how can a country with such a poor political response to Covid (so far) and a ragged economic record and reputation now staggering into European Exile be doing so well on the currency front ? (since September anyway)

is the UK finally doing something right or are the other G7 currencies just plain doing more stuff wrong ?

or are we about to see power shifting again going into winter ?

N

Attachments

• peak dollar 2.JPG
    peak dollar 2.JPG
    127.4 KB · Views: 114
  • peak dollar 1.JPG
    peak dollar 1.JPG
    167.2 KB · Views: 143
Forex Diary 6th Oct 2020

interesting morning ...AUD was alpha sell and took a lot of pips off others for 2 hours

my fixStart indicator (available here for a small donation to NHS charity)

Was immediately screaming SELLS for orange AUD in first hour ....look at it on the chart ! - Sell Sell Sell

AU went some 40 pips south from 6am before retracing ....even half of those pips is a decent scalp haul ?

so stop being a slave to 1 or 2 favorite pairs and embrace the 28 pairs available on the G8

stop losing and start winning !!

NVP
FXCorrelator.com

(too much hard sell NVP ? ....naaah !)

Attachments

• Forex Diary 6th oct 2020.JPG
    Forex Diary 6th oct 2020.JPG
    151.6 KB · Views: 101
after 20+ years of Trading Forex - ive decided to start mentoring again
heres the marketing plan so far :-

show photos of planes and boats and luxury cars

Fake profile - lie about how poor you were until you invented the trading mastership programme (or whatever other sh*t name you invent for the scammy scheme)

show photos of people throwing money up in the air

show photos of women in bikinis (very high % of gullable traders are 18-35 males)

show completely faked results - audited by fake companies in remote lawless countries

get incomprehensible trailer trash to do fake testimonials on linked in and Tik Tok

put it on all social media and wait for the $$$ to roll in ..........

have i missed anything gang ?

Attachments

• SELL LUXURY SCAMS.JPG
    SELL LUXURY SCAMS.JPG
    42.2 KB · Views: 100
when will yen come back into sell mode ?

Yen sold off big yesterday ...and is retracing at the moment

im seeing a possible Resistance level finally hold here (see chart)

be patient and come back in hard on europeans if it dumps later

N

Attachments

• Forex Diary 6th Oct Yen call.JPG
    Forex Diary 6th Oct Yen call.JPG
    101.2 KB · Views: 173
when will yen come back into sell mode ?

Yen sold off big yesterday ...and is retracing at the moment

im seeing a possible Resistance level finally hold here (see chart)

be patient and come back in hard on europeans if it dumps later

N

update from last post

i am trying to work yen south but as you can see its very rangy and not running ......maybe we will see another bounce south again in US pm session .....Small wins on buying EJ during that time but very tight and hard work so far..GJ buys were even better

Attachments

• Forex Diary 6th Oct Yen call 2.JPG
    Forex Diary 6th Oct Yen call 2.JPG
    123.6 KB · Views: 142
  • Forex Diary 6th Oct Yen call.JPG
    Forex Diary 6th Oct Yen call.JPG
    101.2 KB · Views: 145
Forex Diary 6th Oct 2020

interesting morning ...AUD was alpha sell and took a lot of pips off others for 2 hours

my fixStart indicator (available here for a small donation to NHS charity)

Was immediately screaming SELLS for orange AUD in first hour ....look at it on the chart ! - Sell Sell Sell

AU went some 40 pips south from 6am before retracing ....even half of those pips is a decent scalp haul ?

so stop being a slave to 1 or 2 favorite pairs and embrace the 28 pairs available on the G8

stop losing and start winning !!

NVP
FXCorrelator.com

(too much hard sell NVP ? ....naaah !)

UPDATE

only a matter of time before someone spoiled AUDs bear parade ...GBP THE SELL

(thats not from indicators - thats learned from experience of currency market patterns)

Attachments

• Forex Diary 6th oct 2020 2.JPG
    Forex Diary 6th oct 2020 2.JPG
    196.7 KB · Views: 105
after 20+ years of Trading Forex - ive decided to start mentoring again
heres the marketing plan so far :-

show photos of planes and boats and luxury cars
Fake profile - lie about how poor you were until you invented the trading mastership programme (or whatever other sh*t name you invent for the scammy scheme)
show photos of people throwing money up in the air
show photos of women in bikinis (very high % of gullable traders are 18-35 males)
show completely faked results - audited by fake companies in remote lawless countries
get incomprehensible trailer trash to do fake testimonials on linked in and Tik Tok
put it on all social media and wait for the $$$ to roll in ..........
have i missed anything gang ? :p
Sign me up...NOW!!
:)

Heres the USD index chart with my Fixstart indicator underneath
(available here for a small donation to NHS charity)

if you are trying to daytrade the european session on usd pairs then its been hard going

Why ?

look at the Green USD ...its swinging up and down above and below its opening around 6am GMT today

you cant rely on it to hold a trend for more than an hour at tops ......

that means if you are trying to TREND trade its killing you on usd pairs ...unless you get lucky

so try to find currencies holding solid trends.....or forget it.....you are traders not gamblers

N

Attachments

• tough morning.JPG
    tough morning.JPG
    91.2 KB · Views: 146
Forex Diary 15th Oct 2020

4 Currencies have held their trend this week so far .... BULL or BEAR

The yellow Yen has gradually gained every day for 4 days ...solid , reliable , Tradable
The orange AUD and the blue EURO have sold off nicely ....solid as well
CAD is Bull but having a major retrace at the moment ....

the other 4 currencies have danced above (bull) and below (bear) the Zero line ....especially red GBP that once again shows volatility way beyond the capabilities of the others, with the exceptions of Yen and maybe CAD at times

as a Forex Trader you MUST first understand the behavior of each INDIVIDUAL CURRENCY
.....only then start to build strategies and systems to trade them in pairs

only a small % understand this and only a small % make money in forex ......coincidence ? - no !

you cannot overcome what you do not truly understand......

N

Attachments

• Forex Diary 15th Oct 2020.JPG
    Forex Diary 15th Oct 2020.JPG
    136.5 KB · Views: 105
Forex Diary 19th OCT 2020

solid day using my indicators ....

BUY EUROPEANS
SELL OTHERS (including green usd)

indicator available here for small charity donation

Attachments

• forex diary 19th oct 2020.JPG