Contains signature of the worm Worm/Bagle.af

TheBramble

Legendary member
I have AntiVir running on all my machines, but for some reason, the above nastie is (presumably) on one machine and sending emails to other accounts which contain a ZIP file which has the above inside.

AntiVir is identifying the fact that the virus exists within the ZIP, but doesn't seem able to stop the infected m/c sending infected emails.

Having said that, maybe it's something at the ISP end as the machine that has allegedly sent the email, wasn't even on at the time the email was sent.

Anyone able to get their head round this?

I would run Stinger on all your machines.

The infected machine may not be the one you think it is.

JonnyT

I have Avast4 running on mine and been very happy with it. It finds things that many other virus/trojan/worm scanners dont seem to find, and can delete some where others just wont go...

MT

TheBramble said:
I have AntiVir running on all my machines, but for some reason, the above nastie is (presumably) on one machine and sending emails to other accounts which contain a ZIP file which has the above inside.

AntiVir is identifying the fact that the virus exists within the ZIP, but doesn't seem able to stop the infected m/c sending infected emails.

Having said that, maybe it's something at the ISP end as the machine that has allegedly sent the email, wasn't even on at the time the email was sent.

Anyone able to get their head round this?

One difficulty will be that the zip file will be self extracting no doubt?

Last edited: