Compounding billionaires on t2w

I thought I would dig that gem up as a tribute to the lulzmeister himself, http://www.trade2win.com/boards/members/402524-the-leopard.html

I agree, in fact an honorary fly past is due for the lulzmeister:
Roflcopter.gif

Come back beehatch, look the lulz lives :LOL:

I strongly refute this specious claim and this is why

If a good trader can earn a simple 30 pips consistently a day from trading , a trader can become a billionaire in 5 years.

Inside t2w and all forums , there are ordinary blokes trying to explain themselves , but genuises or frauds getting caught by the statement.

They had to move this thread to the Foyer , after all these successful billionaires on t2w were finding this statement to be incorrect of the forum.Most here are struggling to buy a new pair of underwears.

To become a billionaire from trading would require ongoing market inefficiency and the ability to know when that is and trade it. The EUR/USD is probably one of the most efficient instruments being traded and in my view is another reason why it would be difficult to become a billionaire trading it. Also for every winning trader there would have to be losing traders so if you are compounding and there are hundreds of people doing this to all become billionaires at once then where is the losing money coming from ?

Also for every winning trader there would have to be losing traders so if you are compounding and there are hundreds of people doing this to all become billionaires at once then where is the losing money coming from ?

If everyone is winning, the money will come from the banks. Ultimately we all trade against the banks. This is why, on aggregate, we can't win because the banks can move prices. Also the currencies cost the banks practically nothing to make. Every time you buy from them or sell to them, they make a profit.

Last edited:
If everyone is winning, the money will come from the banks. Ultimately we all trade against the banks. This is why, on aggregate, we can't win because the banks can move prices. Also the currencies cost the banks practically nothing to make. Every time you buy from them or sell to them, they made a profit.

I disagree. You clearly don't understand who participates in capital markets and what their motivations are.

To become a billionaire from trading would require ongoing market inefficiency and the ability to know when that is and trade it. The EUR/USD is probably one of the most efficient instruments being traded and in my view is another reason why it would be difficult to become a billionaire trading it. Also for every winning trader there would have to be losing traders so if you are compounding and there are hundreds of people doing this to all become billionaires at once then where is the losing money coming from ?

A trader has to be smarter than the rest ,to take money from them. It is like any race to win , the horses in the best form win and the athletes in peak form with abilities to win.The rest lose , 1 out 20 athletes can gain number 1 place , 95 % lose.The others do not have to be inefficient , for the one to win , but they may not be capable of winning.

I agree on efficient market and eur/usd.If you have a method trading daily volatility (which is almost 6 % daily on eur /usd ) , the low daily high range can be 1 % , low highs on 15 min basis can be 6 % daily , no reason why someone can not make 1 % a day on profits magnified 100 fold due to leverage 100/1.Most traders are not efficient. and one has to take money from them.

If a good trader can earn a simple 30 pips consistently a day from trading , a trader can become a billionaire in 5 years

A 'good' trader understands the very very basics of real interbank liquidity and basic market facts (if you don't give back... the whole thing would wind down in a few years) and would never be so foolish as to think he can compound himself to a billion from next to nothing in 5 years. This is a dangerous and annoying pipe dream propagated across the web. People play fast and loose with the facts of forex liquidity. I suggest you go to the Globe on London Wall and ask around as to whether they've been able to compound their positions into multiple billions of profit (per forex desk) this year? If you can stand the stink of Lynx Africa, I think you'll find out some hard hard truths about how unrealistic your mad bad dream is.

I stopped using IG because their forex ceiling is £300 a point. You're still using them. Per your chart, you should already be beyond them.

fantasist - definition of fantasist by the Free Online Dictionary, Thesaurus and Encyclopedia.

I'm in a terrible mood today.

A 'good' trader understands the very very basics of real interbank liquidity and basic market facts (if you don't give back... the whole thing would wind down in a few years) and would never be so foolish as to think he can compound himself to a billion from next to nothing in 5 years. This is a dangerous and annoying pipe dream propagated across the web. People play fast and loose with the facts of forex liquidity. I suggest you go to the Globe on London Wall and ask around as to whether they've been able to compound their positions into multiple billions of profit (per forex desk) this year? If you can stand the stink of Lynx Africa, I think you'll find out some hard hard truths about how unrealistic your mad bad dream is.

I stopped using IG because their forex ceiling is £300 a point. You're still using them. Per your chart, you should already be beyond them.

fantasist - definition of fantasist by the Free Online Dictionary, Thesaurus and Encyclopedia.

I'm in a terrible mood today.

A few trades of a few million will spook the fx market and send the trillion dollar markets into chaos?One trades in $5m or $ 20 m lots several times a day on many currencies , it make holes in the fx market?

FX daily volumes, values fall further in Nov - CLS | Reuters

A few trades of a few million will spook the fx market and send the trillion dollar markets into chaos?One trades in $5m or $ 20 m lots several times a day on many currencies , it make holes in the fx market?

FX daily volumes, values fall further in Nov - CLS | Reuters

I never implied you could move the market in that way. I was focussing on your compounding point, the details of the separate liquidity issue is so far advanced of where you currently are that it's irrelevant to even bring it up.

Like I said, you should stop wasting your time on youtube and here talking to us and you can go to that pub and meet the very people you reference and hope to replicate and ask them what their P&L was this month - by your logic it should be unbelievably huge if you can go on compounding and compounding since they have senior traders in there every Friday (I used to work for Mitsubishi Bank and can confirm the constant presence of tw*ts in there). By your endless winning streak theory, JP Morgan should be able to take all of the money out of the markets in about 2 years and kill the forex game entirely (why not compound a billion to a trillion? Why wouldn't you if you could, there's not that much fresh big money except government flooding and new funds?). But guess what, they lose all the time and tend to play a positive accumulation game overall... and the only reason isn't due to liquidity. That's why they fool around with fixed income wrappers and derivatives... 'cause this is too bloody hard to make an easy buck from. Better to flog units.

You'd best make this visit soon though... not many real people left in this game because it turns out humans aren't too good at trading big lot forex (we already knew that here)... this thing http://techcareers.jpmorgan.com/downloads/Athena Innovation factsheet.pdf - famously does most of the work under one umbrella now.

Random

I do see liquidity issues after certain size , but there are traders making billions .

James Harris Simons - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I don't see why a trader can't become a billionaire from fx , at a much slower pace than 5 years , but over 10 to 15 years.

And...? You think he compounded the billions trading fx from his bedroom like we do...? You realise that his hedge fund, a. handles client money, b. skims a large profit participation off the top of said money and c. mostly uses automated trading to boot!

You do none of the above!

The examples you hear of very successful indies earning around 4 mill a year are about the creme de la creme in our section of the business.

All the professionals may take a few more years to become billionaires , due to liquidity and slippage.

Attachments

• compounding $ trillionaire.xlsx
    41.9 KB · Views: 184