Compounding billionaires on t2w

15 min tlb

If a good trader can earn a simple 30 pips consistently a day from trading , a trader can become a billionaire in 5 years

Attachments

• compounding $ trillionaire.xlsx
    33.8 KB · Views: 722
  • Clipboard01.jpg
    Clipboard01.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 880
Will you be using spread betting and ask the SB guy to provide proof of your trades ?

Most FX traders cant even make 30pips a month (or year) let alone per day.

But lets consider a profitable trader who makes a very modest 30pips a week:

30pips a week at £100pp is £150K per year.
30pips a week at £1000pp is £1.5million per year.

How many retail FX traders do you know who consistently make >£150K every year?

Just goes to show how hard it to turn even a small pip profit trading FX.

I find it very easy to make 30 pips a week , if I concentrate on my core methods.

All these are called live and in advance.This week's result was 110 pips and this figure does not include all my trades.

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/forex/162600-box-breakout-pro-scalping-113.html#post2056128

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/forex/164894-joe-john-method-live-calls-4.html#post2056050

To compound on a weekly basis , a trader needs a low risk method with low draw downs of less than 200 pips , and maximum 12 pips risked per trade.On three lots risk is 36 pips or $360 per trade on a $100,000 account.

3 positions * 30 pips a day * 1 lot , compound it on a weekly basis.

These are interesting numbers.

That also raises another interesting point. How many traders here are full time? Those that trade part time, do they trade just evening sessions?

The full time traders have to be making enough to survive on and pay their way.

I would have thought most traders (experienced ones) make about 70-100 pips a day in winning trades and maybe give half of that back in losers, so over a week they should average out to approx 100 pips a week.

I do however think that these trades are not taken at £100 pp or even£10 pp, but maybe £2-£5 pp. I imagine the larger the size the harder it is to maintain consistency unless you have a large account size.

interesting thread.
I trade at TINY stakes.
Over the last 6 months or so I appear to have been getting some real consistency.
My average pips per month isn't fantastic. I seem to be averaging about 100 pips per month (whereas from what I can gather, the better traders here are doing that amount of pips in a day or 2)

I'M ok with that for now, though. My only concern at the moment is
''what if the market suddenly changes(as you often hear it does) and my method stops working, and i'll have to spend another 4 years, not earning any money from trading, trying to find another method that works''.

please look at my thread:
http://www.trade2win.com/boards/forex/152898-gbpusd-action-today-6.html

30 pips a day "on average"?
Or just 30 pips a day?

If you just go for 30 pips, and STOP, you're in for some trouble.
The flip side becomes, how many pips do you lose and stop for the day?

If you want to average 30 pips a day, you would necessarily go for more than 30 pips a day, so that you can ride out the losing days.

For example, if you just go for 30 and stop, and stop at 30 loss, for every day lost, you need a winning day to break even.
So, in a week, 5 days, if you have 1 losing day, and 4 winning, (-30, + 120), you have 90 pips, thats 18 average a day.

If you want 30 pips a day average, and have 1 losing day a week (I'm dreaming here), you need to make 150 nett in the winning 3 days, ie 50 a day.
Thats gives you lose 50, win 200, (50 pips a day for 4 days), giving a nett 150 for the week, averaging 30 a day.
Reality is, winning trades clump together as market conditions are in-line with your rules, losing trades clump together as market state is sub-optimal for your rules, and most of the time, you grind out wins/losses, as market is neither good nor bad.

I think we all started out with these fantastical spreadsheets in the early days.
Reality is more challenging.

(try adding a column using the random function. if value (between 0 and 1) is greater than 0.8 its a loss, and if less then its a win. then either add or subtract accordingly. you get to a million, but it hovers around 90 weeks)

If a good trader can earn a simple 30 pips consistently a day from trading , a trader can become a billionaire in 5 years

It is a myth that this sort of scenario is even remotely possible. Once you get to a certain level of size being traded your ability to execute the size wanted would not be possible without huge slippage.

It reminds me of the nonsensical claims being made by horse racing systems sellers where compounding calculations were used to make it appear that everyone who bought the system would become millionaires.

This the very reason why I question the validity of certain traders on this forum who claim that trading is easy.
For too long they have used this forum as a cash cow to attract new traders selling dreams of financial independence.
Truth of the matter is that trading is not easy and that very few are able to make a living.

As I was saying the other day very few people make more than some spotty oik working in McDonalds.