Commodity spreads

Andreas

109 0
Is anyone here trading commodity spreads ? Would like to exchange ideas. I am trading spreads in mainly agricultural commodities (grains, livestock, some softs).

Have a good week !
Andreas

Andreas

109 0
Just had a look at the chart, that one is doing well ! I did good earlier this year with SN3/SX3. Just closed out the back spread SX3/SU3.

I have postions in BOZ3/BOK4, KWZ3/WZ3, CZ3/CH4, and LHZ3/LHJ4 now.

Good trades !

Andreas

Andreas

109 0
Oatman

S is CBOT (Chicago) soybeans future.

oatman

2,879 22
Thanks mate. Maybe an idea to give the readers a clue :?: if this is going to be regular. I know a lot of them but not all ;)

josbarr

214 2
Spread

Andreas said:
Just had a look at the chart, that one is doing well ! I did good earlier this year with SN3/SX3. Just closed out the back spread SX3/SU3.

I have postions in BOZ3/BOK4, KWZ3/WZ3, CZ3/CH4, and LHZ3/LHJ4 now.

Good trades !

Andreas

Looking good!

bgold

Established member
532 5
Hi josbarr, gr8 to read that things are looking up. I am quite news to spreads and would be keen to learn more. Would be great if could share some insight on how your bear spread cn4/cz4 worked out. Fe what are the drivers for a trade like this. The corn still needs to be planted, it is probably too early for weather having an impact? Thanks

FTSE Beater

Experienced member
1,518 4
Hi All

You might want to take a look at LH J4 / LH G4
It came up on a scan run by Moore's Research. Looks interesting to me :)

I'll see if they will let me post a chart of the past performance.

FTSE Beater

Experienced member
1,518 4
Hi All

This is the chart that I was talking about

Chart courtesy of Moore's Research

The blue line on the chart is the 15 year average and both the 15 & 5 year (bottom chart) seem to be closely correlated :)
This is looking promising IMHO

bgold

Established member
532 5
Keep looking at it but find meats very volatile. I think one needs to have a very good broker before starting to compete with locals. I have had 2x that my set-up and entry were right but stopped out within 2 sessions.

Daily chart looks like a reversal, lots of ND's (RSI, CCI, Stochastics), not MACD. Short with a stop a few points above yesterdays' high at 9280?? If you believe that Garins will continue to run this LC maybe in for a slide?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock