Commodity spreads

Andreas

Is anyone here trading commodity spreads ? Would like to exchange ideas. I am trading spreads in mainly agricultural commodities (grains, livestock, some softs).

Have a good week !
Andreas

Just had a look at the chart, that one is doing well ! I did good earlier this year with SN3/SX3. Just closed out the back spread SX3/SU3.

I have postions in BOZ3/BOK4, KWZ3/WZ3, CZ3/CH4, and LHZ3/LHJ4 now.

Good trades !

Andreas

Thanks mate. Maybe an idea to give the readers a clue :?: if this is going to be regular. I know a lot of them but not all ;)

Spread

Andreas said:
Just had a look at the chart, that one is doing well ! I did good earlier this year with SN3/SX3. Just closed out the back spread SX3/SU3.

I have postions in BOZ3/BOK4, KWZ3/WZ3, CZ3/CH4, and LHZ3/LHJ4 now.

Good trades !

Andreas

Looking good!

Hi josbarr, gr8 to read that things are looking up. I am quite news to spreads and would be keen to learn more. Would be great if could share some insight on how your bear spread cn4/cz4 worked out. Fe what are the drivers for a trade like this. The corn still needs to be planted, it is probably too early for weather having an impact? Thanks

Hi All

You might want to take a look at LH J4 / LH G4
It came up on a scan run by Moore's Research. Looks interesting to me :)

I'll see if they will let me post a chart of the past performance.

Hi All

This is the chart that I was talking about

s2201.gif

Chart courtesy of Moore's Research

The blue line on the chart is the 15 year average and both the 15 & 5 year (bottom chart) seem to be closely correlated :)
This is looking promising IMHO

Hi,
Is anybody following Live Cattle. I nearly jumped in a couple of weeks ago but didn't think it could keep going up!

Keep looking at it but find meats very volatile. I think one needs to have a very good broker before starting to compete with locals. I have had 2x that my set-up and entry were right but stopped out within 2 sessions.

Daily chart looks like a reversal, lots of ND's (RSI, CCI, Stochastics), not MACD. Short with a stop a few points above yesterdays' high at 9280?? If you believe that Garins will continue to run this LC maybe in for a slide?

Hi All

I'm still keeping an eye on LH J4 - LH G4, but also this caught my eye. LH Z3 - LC Z3.

Chart Courtesy of Moore's Research - Click chart to see larger PDF version

It has just started to turn so I think this will be a good trade :)

LHJ4/LHG4 had a nice run, but seems to form a top now at major resistance. Be careful with the LHZ3/LCZ3, because the LH leg expires Dec 13.

Best regards,
Andreas

Attachments

• lhj4lhg4.png
    lhj4lhg4.png
    27.8 KB · Views: 420