College Fund Challenge

How close to my goal of $2,000,000 do you think I will get?

• You think I will blow the account and my $100 will be lost.

Votes: 78 58.2%
  • You think I will somewhat earn a profit $200-$1,500.

Votes: 17 12.7%
  • You think I will get a pretty good return but not close to $2,000,000.

Votes: 27 20.1%
  • You think I will get way more then $2,000,000.

Votes: 12 9.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Currenty price: 1.639
Currently down $170.8, 122 pips
Stop is at 1.6518, another 128 pips
Sounds to me like $350 at risk.
P/L so far: $302

?

Is this thread just about another trader trading without a Stop Loss?
Therefore he has no Losses (until he gets the one that wipes him out). And some massive DrawDowns (which are the warning signs for the Big Loss that wipes him out)

Eventually, those types of traders ALWAYS get wiped out. Just a matter of time

Would you trust HotForex with your $2m? I mean they operate out of some dodgy address in Mauritus.

Yeah, most "big" investors like to start with $2M so they would only risk maybe 3-5% per trade. I started with $100 so I am risking 60% per trade, not much to lose. Once it get's to $2M, I'll reduce the risk as well and even if I risk 5% per trade, on $2M, that would be around $100,000 a month (5% gain average a month). I can handle that. :LOL:

Is this thread just about another trader trading without a Stop Loss?
Therefore he has no Losses (until he gets the one that wipes him out). And some massive DrawDowns (which are the warning signs for the Big Loss that wipes him out)

Eventually, those types of traders ALWAYS get wiped out. Just a matter of time

The answer is NO, I DO have a stop loss so that if it ever gets hit, I will only lose what I plan on losing. If I leverage 60% a trade, that means just that, I will lose only 60% of my account if the SL gets hit. So no, it won't wipe me out but it would take 2-3 months to get it back. I don't complain though since it's had zero loses in at least 13 months and counting. :D

A 42% drawdown? :eek: That looks like a warning sign to me.
Sooner or later you will see a 100% drawdown. Its called a busted account.:mad:

It really is a matter of perspective. If one goes gambling with $100 in a slot-machine, they have no problem losing the 100 bucks in a matter of minutes and walk away saying, "better luck next time." Now if that person takes that same $100, puts it in the FX and with a winning system of 100% wins in at least 13 months and has some DD from time to time, why do they have so much worry over that $100? Point is, don't invest more then you can afford to lose and you will be worry-free.

By the way, if that person put his $100 in my system back in May instead of that slot-machine, well, you can see what his account would be now.

Another way to look it is if you stat with $100, it builds to $1,000 and then get a loss, you now have $400. That's $300 more then what you started with.

I think I'll play the FX game instead of the slot-machine. :LOL:

No trade this morning. (n)

By the way, it's fascinating to the the results of the pole I have running. I have 64 votes, so if you haven't voted yet, please vote and you will see what people think. The race to see who is correct continues. Only 628 days remaining. :)

The answer is NO, I DO have a stop loss so that if it ever gets hit, I will only lose what I plan on losing. If I leverage 60% a trade, that means just that, I will lose only 60% of my account if the SL gets hit.

So are you saying that your Stop Loss is set at 60% of the total account?

I know. Thats why I am a good trader.

Your system will crash and burn soon. It is inevitable. You should read up on Probability theory.

I don't understand the need for outsiders to knock this.

It's a little bit of 'LOW-RISK' fun. It's only $200! There is high probability of making considerably more than invested. Nobody, in their right mind would invest their life's savings in it, but the return possible on $200 is amazing.

One doesn't have to wait and hope for 2 years; one can take a large sum of money out, in comparison with the initial $200, at any time. One can certainly take out the initial investment at an early stage. Then again, who'd really want to? It's not even worth the admin.

Mathematically, I'd say the chances of being caught in a full $0.025 swing in price is very small, let alone it happening twice, in any, short period of time. Indeed, probability might just as likely allow it to go a full 2 years, without any losses as have two losses in quick succession.

Nobody is saying you'll find this style at the top of a 'Guide to Forex Trading' but it is a clever little system that is fun to trade. Any sensible person is likely to realise many times more than their initial investment, either enroute, after banking a huge sum or even after deciding that it isn't working.

Again, I consider it fun with potential. Every day, it makes me smile, watching it do its thing. I trade in many other ways using just a 2% risk. This is just another way of 'mixing it' and enjoying my trading.

Each to his own....... Try it! You might like it!

Last edited:
I don't understand the need for outsiders to knock this.

I am not knocking this system. I don't know exactly what the system is.

I have not seen what the ENTRY system is. If anyone can explain the entry system, I would like to see it.

The EXIT system is not explained. I would also like to see that too.

But I do know that ANY system that uses a Stop Loss equal to 60% of the account balance is guaranteed to crash and burn. Because the Stop Loss is so large, it will not be hit very often. But when it does, it will burn the account.

Just like a system that trades with NO stop loss, the Stop Loss will not usually be hit for many trades. But when it is hit, it is a 100% loss of the account balance
This account has already been found by another poster to have had a 42% DrawDown. I have not checked the account so I am not sure what the biggest DrawDown has been. Maybe tkbieber can tell us.

It's a little bit of 'LOW-RISK' fun. It's only $200! .
The size of the opening balance is irrelevant. The mechanics of the system (entry, exit, drawdown, ) and the probabilities of normal trading events affecting those mechanics are what matters.

I am not knocking this system. I don't know exactly what the system is.

I have not seen what the ENTRY system is. If anyone can explain the entry system, I would like to see it.

The EXIT system is not explained. I would also like to see that too.

But I do know that ANY system that uses a Stop Loss equal to 60% of the account balance is guaranteed to crash and burn. Because the Stop Loss is so large, it will not be hit very often. But when it does, it will burn the account.

Just like a system that trades with NO stop loss, the Stop Loss will not usually be hit for many trades. But when it is hit, it is a 100% loss of the account balance
This account has already been found by another poster to have had a 42% DrawDown. I have not checked the account so I am not sure what the biggest DrawDown has been. Maybe tkbieber can tell us.

The size of the opening balance is irrelevant. The mechanics of the system (entry, exit, drawdown, ) and the probabilities of normal trading events affecting those mechanics are what matters.

I realise what you are saying about risk and you are correct. That is why I wrote LOW RISK in quotes. I was meaning that the out of pocket risk to the investor is only $200. The risk to the account is 60% per trade.

In the final analysis, you'll have to buy it or research the information from the vendor to get more informed on the entry and management of the system.

I can tell you that the chances of not making back the cost of the investment, before a loss, are very, very low, in my opinion.

In the final analysis, you'll have to buy it or research the information from the vendor to get more informed on the entry and management of the system.

I can tell you that the chances of not making back the cost of the investment, before a loss, are very, very low, in my opinion.

I would NEVER buy this system.

To paraphrase you, I can tell you that the chances of LOSING THE TOTAL cost of the investment, AFTER a loss, is very, very HIGH, in my opinion

Actually it will do more than burning the account. The thread started from making 2 million from $100. Then it went to making 2 million from $1000. The 'from' amount will continue to increase as the the OP add more money to the account to prevent a margin call and/or involuntary close out. Whenever he adds money, he calls it money from investors. When warned by the mods about running this as a commercial activity, he then says the money is not from investors but from friends and family.

Basically, when the burn down comes, it will take down the account in additional to the "investor's" money he adds immediately prior to the burn down as he attempts to salvage the trade.

A further characteristic of his trade is that there will come a time relatively soon that he won't be able to to put up more "investor's" money when the amount involved is more than he can afford. He had to add $900 in order to trade his original $100. As the trade size increase, the additional money required to sustain the trade increases proportionately on the same 900% ratio. By the time he's trading $1000, he will need $9000 additional amount of money. Needless to say it won't take long for him to get to the point where he can not afford it. Alternatively he can keep making the 25 pip on the $100 trade. In which case he will never be able to make 2 million or even a fraction of it. More than likely all his profits will be lost by a large hit that will inevitably happen.

The key point to watch for is the amount of "investor's" money in the account. You can use that to gauge how close he is at the end of the road.

Last edited:

To paraphrase you, I can tell you that the chances of LOSING THE TOTAL cost of the investment, AFTER a loss, is very, very HIGH, in my opinion

I respect your opinion.

Best wishes

:)

Actually it will do more than burning the account. The thread started from making 2 million from $100. Then it went to making 2 million from $1000. The 'from' amount will continue to increase as the the OP add more money to the account to prevent a margin call and/or involuntary close out. Whenever he adds money, he calls it money from investors. When warned by the mods about running this as a commercial activity, he then says the money is not from investors but from friends and family.

Basically, when the burn down comes, it will take down the account in additional to the "investor's" money he adds immediately prior to the burn down as he attempts to salvage the trade.

A further characteristic of his trade is that there will come a time relatively soon that he won't be able to to put up more "investor's" money when the amount involved is more than he can afford. He had to add $900 in order to trade his original $100. As the trade size increase, the additional money required to sustain the trade increases proportionately on the same 900% ratio. By the time he's trading $1000, he will need $9000 additional amount of money. Needless to say it won't take long for him to get to the point where he can not afford it. Alternatively he can keep making the 25 pip on the $100 trade. In which case he will never be able to make 2 million or even a fraction of it. More than likely all his profits will be lost by a large hit that will inevitably happen.

The key point to watch for is the amount of "investor's" money in the account. You can use that to gauge how close he is at the end of the road.

I have yet to add any additional funds to Account 2.

What say ye, oh man of many words? And if, you are looking at Account 1, tell me why, oh great one, did I deposit $200 and again $100 on the 23rd AFTER a trade closed in profit and then again today another $100 this morning, oh with a trade open but this time, the DD was ONLY -23 pips before closing out in PROFIT??,, Oh, and on a now, $5,600 account. :rolleyes: Let me think about this... humm, maybe it's because there were three more guys that put in $200 and $100 and $100.

I don't know why I waste my time with this rookie. :LOL:

Last edited:

I'd also remind the readers that this system can be traded at any risk level. My plan is that after 2 years, if account hasn't "tanked" from 2 losses in a row that I will be reducing the risk to 5-10% per trade. How many times in a row would it then take to blow the balance, keeping in mind the system is 13 months of ZERO loss? Yes, all I have is history to go on, but so does every other trader trading a good system. I never predict the future but am proud of the past. :)

By the way we all need to listen up to BeginnerJoe... He is here to protect and deny access to scam artists.... (not sure what he contributes though... but that doesnt matter for now)

He is a full time detective of T2W... so give respect where its due.

Troll Denied