CMS Forex broker

SvenFoster

Has anyone had any real experience of using CMS Forex LLC?

http://www.cms-forex.com/

I'm currently using d4f and I've dowloaded the CMS demo/account and find it really intuitive to trade from the chart. I'm a little concerned about them not being based in the UK and would appreciate any feed back good or bad.

Has/does anyone used them?
If so, what is the realtime accounts response/reliability like?
Do you use the automated system trading at all?
Is my money safe with them? (of course is it safe with me?)

thanks in advance.
Sven

thanks neil thats better than I had and a new bb site to monitor to boot.

thanks again.

Yes I trade CMS (Real Funds) no problems - Dont use automated system - except entry trades stops and limits - Money Safe? - Safe as the Empire State Building!! After using this platform I closed Most of my other accounts Refco etc. -Z

Sven
I have a Demo account with CMS,charts are good and the feeds are realtime so I cancelled my forex IQfeed. If you are looking for extra indicators for the VT Platform join the forum below. The members have been working on custom and other popular indicators that are not already available in VT.

http://www.visualtradingcharts.com/

Thanks all,

I guess my main concerns were if the demos reliability is anything to go by I'd be worried in the realworld. Looking on other boards it appears the the live site is more reliable.

On the Money side,
I know the Empire States Building has been there for a few years and apart from JonnyT highlighting one obvious risk there's always the chance their lift will drop 34 floors again and wipe out the staff in one go ;)

But seriously, does anyone know what kind of protection the NFA(US National Futures Association) affords the likes of a UK citizen if the company under etc? (Not really sure what protection I'd get at the moment anyway in the UK)

thanks

Wouldn't mind if I could get the demo account set up!

Have tried three times to do so and have yet to receive my password etc.

Sent email today and waiting for a reply - not going to waste money on phone call.

AGB

Suggest you get a new computer (smile) I have had no problems at all traded demo account for a few weeks before adding funds and switching - works exactly the same - If you want to talk to them online (anytime) download ICQ (free) from www.icq.com (suggest Lite version) set it up and enter their trading room support number) 318639709 they will assist and answer any queries - Not even the cost of a phonecall. -Z

AGB

CMS have recently been upgrading their servers, and were scheduled to be completed on Jan18th. This may explain why you have been having problems. Personally I had the same trouble, but got in contact with customer services via email and everything was sorted within 24hrs.

Nums

Nums

Thanks for the reply.

You are right, following my email I received my password the next day.

AGB

VT-demo problems

I have been using VT-demo for a little while & enjoying their software, but recently having some very serious problems...

server problems regularly, but last nite - blowing thru orders not being filled, blowing thru stops, not cashing out... I

I really love this platform & have been thinking seriously about opening an account but obviously this cannot be acceptable.
I am hoping that this is something unique to the demo only but its hard to believe, can anyone relate or help out?

P.S. I was using 2 completely different PC's & 2 completely different networks while having problems on both

CMS-Forex financial size etc

I have been looking at CMS and GTF who have a similar visual trading approach. ie trade off charts and move stops etc by dragging. The one concern i had with CMS was they seem to have one of the smallest cash reserves of the many FX brokers. I got figures from the NFA site (at least i think thats where it was i still have the pdf if anyone is interested in seeing it)

Anyway any got any opinions on how safe the money would be for UK based traders?

I too have used VT and its excellent, apart from when the connection drops :rolleyes: I have heard (and its only hearsay as I haven't traded with a live account so cannot confrim this) that the demo software runs on a seperate server from the live accounts and the demo server is less reliable. The obvious answer is to find someone with a live account and see if they are experiencing any problems. Have you tried asking this question on moneytec which is heavily focused on fx trading?

Opinion on reliability

The opinion on Moneytec seems to be the live servers are significantly better but i have not seen anything about company size.

I have not yet signed up for an account on Moneytec but may do so as i assume you need one to post.

Yes awoodj you need an account. I have one but can't post as it was never verifired due to me having an AOL account and for some reason they have problems verifying anyone with an AOL account, overzealous spam filter I think.

CMS - VT

I use VT - They have had server problems but appear to be getting on top of them. I always set "insurance" stops on every trade - just in case. I would do this regardless of the reliability of the vendor - Lots of things to go wrong.

The software and the platform is "world class," and keeps getting better every day. If their is a better platform - please let me know!

Jayce, like you I was close to settling on CMS to open a live account when my confidence was damaged by stops and limits not working yesterday.

So I contacted tech support with this error description:
Stop losses have been working fine until this afternoon. Now they cannot be relied upon even when the price moves well beyond them. I have to "Close" the position instead.

I got this reply today
Our demo trading currently hosts over 5,000 users which makes the tracking of each order difficult for our demo server. Our demo also does not have live dealers watching and approving all orders. Therefore, it is possible that some orders may not execute. Let me assure you however, that this does not happen on our live trading. Our live trading is hosted on a much better server and our dealers are watching all the orders 24 hours a day. In fact, we guarantee the execution of all stops and limits on live trading. We plan to upgrade our demo server and integrate cluster server solutions in the near future, we would greatly improve its execution and performance. Once again we would like to apologize for any inconveniences you might have experienced.
-------------------------------------------------------------

--
Best regards,
CMS HelpDesk

So my confidence has been restored sufficient for me to proceed but I'll be cautious with a live account until I'm happy it's consistently reliable.

In my opinion the VT Spot software is very intuitive.

A similar platform is available from Global Forex Trading i.e. trade directly from the chart. However, the user interface is not very consistent in my view. There are too many ways to enter an order and it's hard to remember which one to use when.

Cheers
Dave