CMS Forex & US trade announce / Mar 11

Blether

Hi,

Is anyone using CMS Forex to trade live ? I'm trading their demo system and found myself unable to login from ~8:30am EST for an hour and a half. Now I'm logged in again there are gaps in some of the chart data, too.

Edit: in fairness, entry, limit and stop orders were executed correctly throughout..

How did the live system fare ?

Last edited:
(and to anyone who knows) - is there a good reason why forex doesn't have its own separate folder under 'the brokers and platforms' ?

On their web site they say the demo account is down at certain times, but the real ones are not. Something to do with maintinance.

Serious Doubts

Blether said:
Hi,

Is anyone using CMS Forex to trade live ? I'm trading their demo system and found myself unable to login from ~8:30am EST for an hour and a half. Now I'm logged in again there are gaps in some of the chart data, too.

Edit: in fairness, entry, limit and stop orders were executed correctly throughout..

How did the live system fare ?

I only used their demo system but gave up after a 4 weeks due to severe unreliability. I really like their platform burt on the basis of the demo system I would not start a live account with them.

Thanks for posting that. I like the platform too.

They have not yet responded to the trouble ticket I logged at the time.

Did you settle on another system ?

Blether said:
Thanks for posting that. I like the platform too.

They have not yet responded to the trouble ticket I logged at the time.

Did you settle on another system ?
Blether

currently using OANDA's demo account (or FX Game as they call it). Charts take a bit of getting used to but been fairly reliable so far.

Thanks. OandA have a great reputation and by coincidence it's the other demo system I've got installed so far. Very monochrome, if that makes sense, but I like the charts explicitly showing the non-trading periods, and the fact they show local rather than NY time only.

"Cheers the now"